+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>>January 2021<<<<<<<<<< AoR Join here

srmocher

Apr 15, 2021
Got an update on my application:
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
AOR Jan 10, 2021

ArsheyaBegum

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
@legalfalcon
Can you please help, what does this response means? What background checks mean?

Thank you for your correspondence of September 21, 2021, addressed to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, regarding your application for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

I appreciate you sharing the circumstances that prompted you to write. The impacts of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) have had an effect on the Department’s operations and ability to respond to and process applications. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) continues to explore options to facilitate processing in these extraordinary times.

IRCC records confirm that your application is currently in queue for an eligibility decision at the Canadian visa office in Cairo, and background checks are not yet complete.

Applicants are contacted if additional information or documentation is needed, should an eligibility interview be required, or as soon as a final decision has been made.

I regret that a more favourable reply cannot be provided at this time.

Sincerely,

F. Macmillan

Ministerial Enquiries Division
Is this the reply to your webform?

Last edited:
Reactions: leviathan

TR1111

Dec 7, 2020
Got an update on my application:
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
AOR Jan 10, 2021
Thanks for sharing this, was this update mentioned as a latest update at the top of your account or was it part of the 'details about your application' section? From what I can remember, I think my background check under 'details about your application' section showed the same above status 'we are processing your background check...' since day one of my AOR (21st Jan 2021, FSW Outland)

srmocher

Apr 15, 2021
Thanks for sharing this, was this update mentioned as a latest update at the top of your account or was it part of the 'details about your application' section? From what I can remember, I think my background check under 'details about your application' section showed the same above status 'we are processing your background check...' since day one of my AOR (21st Jan 2021, FSW Outland)
When I checked my applications, I saw that my PR application had "Application/profile updated" as the status. When I viewed the full status, I found the "Background check" status updated.

The top-level application status still states (I don't think it has changed)
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.