+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Krystajo

Aug 18, 2017
Thank You. We have received the information through Call Centre.

The only update we noticed: Review of eligibility changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".

I am assuming we will receive an online update sometime next week.
My eligibility recently changed to this but i have not recieved biometrica in the past. I am going to call tomorrow and see if theres any new updates on my application.

Reactions: vaishnavgowni

Krystajo

Aug 18, 2017
AOR: December 30,2019, mississauga.
I recieved a email in June about having to pay for biometrics and i called and spoke to someone at IRCC who made me pay for the biometrics for my work permit, even though i had already initially paid for it while paying for my PR application. I figured it was an automated email that i recieved that was sent out as per 6 months after i applied and didnt think much of it.
I hadnt heard anything since.
Then friday August 7th i logged onto the online account to realize my eligibility section had been updated. After reading through some posts im thinking maybe someone had gone over my application. There are no other updates under the biometrics section.
Ive been assuming i need it done. Ive never had it done previously. However I am from the US and have been confused at wether i needed it for my OWP or not...
Also can someone clarify what a biometrics correspondance letter is?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
AOR: December 30,2019, mississauga.
I recieved a email in June about having to pay for biometrics and i called and spoke to someone at IRCC who made me pay for the biometrics for my work permit, even though i had already initially paid for it while paying for my PR application. I figured it was an automated email that i recieved that was sent out as per 6 months after i applied and didnt think much of it.
I hadnt heard anything since.
Then friday August 7th i logged onto the online account to realize my eligibility section had been updated. After reading through some posts im thinking maybe someone had gone over my application. There are no other updates under the biometrics section.
Ive been assuming i need it done. Ive never had it done previously. However I am from the US and have been confused at wether i needed it for my OWP or not...
Also can someone clarify what a biometrics correspondance letter is?
A biometrics correspondence letter is an email that states that the biometrics that you have given before continue to be valid. As you haven't given biometrics, you will not receive this letter at this point in time.

The other biometrics letter people are getting is the biometrics fee letter, which was sent before there were changes to the biometrics policy for in-Canada applicants given COVID-19.

As biometrics for inland applications were only implemented in December 2019, no one is completely certain whether or not biometrics were required for the OWP.

Reactions: Krystajo

Krystajo

Aug 18, 2017
Update** my OWP got APPROVED today!!
AOR: DECEMBER 30,2020
Office: Mississauga
June 6th: Had recieved a biometrics email and paid the fee.
June 23: emailed the MP to ask for help on finding out information on where my application was in process.
August 6th- recieved a ghost update on my online account: it said your application has been updated/ opened it and my eligibility was changed to "we are processing whether you are eligible"
August 11th- opened online account to another message under the "status" that said "application updated/changed" opened the application and noticed it said your application was approved August 11,2020.

Yay!

Biometrics: Just wanted to update everyone. I am from Washington, USA and i hadnt ever gotten biometrics taken. I am assuming that i fit in tmwith their new exception for biometrics and that i just didnt need to get it, because i was contacted back in June saying i needed it.

Best wishes to the rest of you!

Krystajo

Aug 18, 2017
Also, I had a question. My OWP got approved today and I have been wondering if my OWP would permit me to travel(would they let me back into canada?) to go see my family in Washington. I havent seen them since last summer and I would appreciate only kind responses (obviously I would quarantine in both places/get tested).
Thanks, if anyone knows about this please let me know.

Jen86748

Apr 7, 2020
Hello,

My OWP has been approved!
Application Received: January 6th, 2020
AOR: February 28th, 2020
OWP Profile Update (We are reviewing your eligibility): August 6th, 2020
OWP Profile Update (Approved): August 11th, 2020

I don't write in this forum often but I am so thankful for all the news and updates from others as it helped me stay calm during this process. Good luck to everyone in this journey.

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
Also, I had a question. My OWP got approved today and I have been wondering if my OWP would permit me to travel(would they let me back into canada?) to go see my family in Washington. I havent seen them since last summer and I would appreciate only kind responses (obviously I would quarantine in both places/get tested).
Thanks, if anyone knows about this please let me know.
No, You will need a TRV to enter Canada again.

Congratulations on your OWP.

Reactions: Krystajo

Krystajo

Aug 18, 2017
No, You will need a TRV to enter Canada again.

Congratulations on your OWP.
Thanks for the response!
Could i ask whats the difference between a TRV and a visitor record? I have a visitor record thats been extended until January 2021. Is there a reason they wouldn't issue me re-entry into canada?

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Thanks for the response!
Could i ask whats the difference between a TRV and a visitor record? I have a visitor record thats been extended until January 2021. Is there a reason they wouldn't issue me re-entry into canada?
Your status has been changed to work permit, no longer on visitor record. TRV for visitor, right?

gchan

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
TRV is Temporary Resident Visa. Visa gives you the ability to *enter* Canada.

Visitor Record, Work Permit, and Study Permit are permits, not visas. They give you the ability to *remain* in Canada, and they set the restrictions on your activities while in Canada.

Jen86748

Apr 7, 2020
I received my open work permit in the mail today! The conditions do not allow me to work in childcare or primary/secondary schools. I just graduated from a Canadian institution with my Bachelor of Education so I want to be able to teach in schools. I was wondering if at this point it would even be worth it to apply to change the conditions on my work permit or should I just wait until PR is approved? I'm assuming that a medical is needed. I had one done last September for my co-op work permit and submitted it with my application but these conditions were still put into place. Has anyone ever had experience changing conditions on their work permits? I know things are different in these times so I might just wait until I have PR.

I am very grateful for the opportunity to work while I await for permanent residency even if I have to put my teaching career on hold!