Libya
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney VS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Guys, what does The background verifications are in process mean?
what is the difference between this and security background?

raamin

May 14, 2020
Guys, what does The background verifications are in process mean?
what is the difference between this and security background?
Agents respond with the same terms and words that you used in your question. I accidentally had all background, security and criminally in my question while background is just criminality (police clearance) and security (CBSA) checks.

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
May 29th
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.

The Edmonton office is so slow. I was told criminality is valid last month, now they say it's in progress. I also asked where my application is currently being processed which they didn't answer. Wonderful!
Same here where the first webform said background checks are valid and the most recent one says in process. So I choose to focus on the positive where both say my eligibility has been passed.

matthew_131

Nov 11, 2017
AOR Jan 22 CEC VO-Sydney

Still no progress as per webform today
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements. We may contact you if additional information is required.
  • The background verifications are in process.
This wait is painful...

Armanmeetsingh0039

Aug 2, 2019
I raised a webform regarding eligibility criminality and background,

The reply I got was " We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision. "

Is this a good sign?

Reactions: Tanglechuu

Kamalgill123

Star Member
May 19, 2020
I raised a webform regarding eligibility criminality and background,

The reply I got was " We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision. "

Is this a good sign?
What is your Aor?

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Hello All,

I have been a silent observer so far. I have received my virtual COPR today. Thought I would post the final result timeline.

CEC- Inland
Visa office- Edmonton
# of applicants- 2

My timeline
ITA- Nov 11, 2019
AOR- Jan 03,2020
Biometrics- Feb 10, 2020
Medical Passed- Feb 27, 2020. (My medical expired, so had to re-do them)
Eligibility & Background check- April 30, 2020
COPR - May 27, 2020.

I recieved an email containing virtual COPR asking for 2 photographs and to mail the COPR letter along. Seems like they are no longer issuing PPRs as someone mentioned before. The letter clearly states that we have about 1 year to do this due to offices being shut down.

I wish all those waiting for their PR good luck. Cheers!
are the photographs digital or should be printed and mailed?