+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

Socceros

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Ok, The progress bar is showing 15%

My understanding: R10 is an initial step is required before the file gets moved to some other office for further steps - eligibility and security and process BOWP (if applied)

R10 performed at Central Office (I guess at Ottawa) to ensure application is complete ( making sure all documents are received + additional checks) + MEP etc. Once that is done, eligibility review comes in a picture which gets performed at some other office. during that process somewhere BOWP gets processed.

I called IRCC yesterday to clarify the question that I had related to points for foreign experience I claimed. I got confirmation that criminality is passed on BOWP and eligibility is In-process for both PR and BOWP.
So I understand correctly if R10 is not complete the medical and biometrics won't be processed?

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
So I understand correctly if R10 is not complete the medical and biometrics won't be processed?
Based on what I understood: Bio-metrics and Medical tests check always happen in a parallel while R10 check is ongoing. Biometrics request is system generated and generally used to check criminality. This is not IP1 and it typically takes 1-2 weeks. If medical is not passed somehow, candidate might get a request to re-do it or instructions to follow additional tests. so, I think Medical pass and criminality checks are equally important along with whatever checks happen for R10. This all happens in first 30-45 days post AOR. Once this is done, eligibility is next big thing.

Question for you- After bio-metrics, did you see the bio-metrics details updated on your profile? If yes, has biometric step marked as complete/Pass?

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Hi, everyone, I have some problems here.

Yesterday the progress bar appeared in my account and now it's showing 10%. Some kind people told me this means my medical is passed. However, my medical result is still "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.". Is this normal?

Another problem is, my biometrics information is updated, showing the result from an early non-PR application. Does this mean I don't need to provide biometrics again? Or the visa officer will ask for new biometrics later because according to cic, non-PR biometrics and PR biometrics are two different things.

Plus, a few minutes ago I received an email saying there was update to my application but nothing has changed; my medical result is still the same.

Thanks!
Biometrics is a same thing irrespective of PR or non-PR application. It's used for criminality checks which takes 1-2 weeks (part of initial phase of any application). I had a same question that you had why one needs biometrics again? What I understood from IRCC customer care is that, every time candidate apply for PR, he/she must do bio-metrics. They asked me follow the instructions received on the letter. Which kind of makes sense when you try this tool: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
I went ahead and did bio-metrics again Inspite I had provided it earlier for non-PR application.

Reactions: tony87

Socceros

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Based on what I understood: Bio-metrics and Medical tests check always happen in a parallel while R10 check is ongoing. Biometrics request is system generated and generally used to check criminality. This is not IP1 and it typically takes 1-2 weeks. If medical is not passed somehow, candidate might get a request to re-do it or instructions to follow additional tests. so, I think Medical pass and criminality checks are equally important along with whatever checks happen for R10. This all happens in first 30-45 days post AOR. Once this is done, eligibility is next big thing.

Question for you- After bio-metrics, did you see the bio-metrics details updated on your profile? If yes, has biometric step marked as complete/Pass?
Yes it got updated on the same day. gave my biometrics at 10 : 30 am I got a mail that it was updated at 2: 30 pm. On my profile I have on the biometrics section all the info. And it says that biometric is passed. I think that any change forward is a good sign but like you said it's a whole process to go through and it might smooth or not depending on several factors.

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Yes it got updated on the same day. gave my biometrics at 10 : 30 am I got a mail that it was updated at 2: 30 pm. On my profile I have on the biometrics section all the info. And it says that biometric is passed. I think that any change forward is a good sign but like you said it's a whole process to go through and it might smooth or not depending on several factors.
Ok, I did it yesterday at around 1 pm EST and no updates on profile yet, I am pretty sure it's because account already has biometrics details from non-pr application. I might need to submit webform if it does not get updated by tomorrow. I heard this is common problem with most of the candidates.

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Biometrics is a same thing irrespective of PR or non-PR application. It's used for criminality checks which takes 1-2 weeks (part of initial phase of any application). I had a same question that you had why one needs biometrics again? What I understood from IRCC customer care is that, every time candidate apply for PR, he/she must do bio-metrics. They asked me follow the instructions received on the letter. Which kind of makes sense when you try this tool: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
I went ahead and did bio-metrics again Inspite I had provided it earlier for non-PR application.
Thank you!

Also, do you know why I can see the progress bar and received ghost update yet nothing else has changed? I mean, no mep, no biometrics requirement. Is this totally normal? Sorry if I appear paranoid.

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Thank you!

Also, do you know why I can see the progress bar and received ghost update yet nothing else has changed? I mean, no mep, no biometrics requirement. Is this totally normal? Sorry if I appear paranoid.

After Medical is passed, progress bar appears.

For Initial couple of months

% value on profile = 100*X / 180 ........where X is # of days passed after your AOR. If you are saying it's 10% on profile, I guess 18 or 19 days passed post your AOR ? Next week, you might see 15% or something.

Profile % sometimes may not be accurate as application update wont happen although things completed at IRCC end. Example: Some people got medical passed update after 2 months whereas others see that within a month.

Do not worry, friend !

Last edited:
Reactions: tony87

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
After Medical is passed, progress bar appears.

For Initial couple of months

% value on profile = 100*X / 180 ........where X is # of days passed after your AOR. If you are saying it's 10% on profile, I guess 18 or 19 days passed post your AOR ? Next week, you might see 15% or something.

Profile % sometimes may not be accurate as application update wont happen although things completed at IRCC end. Example: Some people got medical passed update after 2 months whereas others see that within a month.

Do not worry, friend !
Thank you very much for making me feel better!

nattfodd

Jun 25, 2019
I just got an update this morning (AOR was Jan 17), medicals are still not passed but I got biometrics request. Also a request for extra document, the Schedule A background (IMM5669). And the progress bar that just appeared shows just 7% (I guess because medicals aren’t passed).

Socceros

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Ok, I did it yesterday at around 1 pm EST and no updates on profile yet, I am pretty sure it's because account already has biometrics details from non-pr application. I might need to submit webform if it does not get updated by tomorrow. I heard this is common problem with most of the candidates.
My wife had already her biometrics taken for a non PR applciation and they asked for them again. they always do for a PR. They appeared at the same time as mine when i press view my dependants. Maybe it would be safer to send the webform either way. Worst case it gets updated a few days later and they would dismiss your request.

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
My wife had already her biometrics taken for a non PR applciation and they asked for them again. they always do for a PR. They appeared at the same time as mine when i press view my dependants. Maybe it would be safer to send the webform either way. Worst case it gets updated a few days later and they would dismiss your request.
Hi, Did you mean your wife's biometrcis information got overwritten with one did for the PR?

Socceros

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Hi, Did you mean your wife's biometrcis information got overwritten with one did for the PR?
No at first they were no information. But once we did our biometrics they appeared at the same time as mine (the new ones). The old ones were valid until 2026.

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
No at first they were no information. But once we did our biometrics they appeared at the same time as mine (the new ones). The old ones were valid until 2026.
Oh ok, I did bio-metrics on 01/21 for BOWP which appeared under PR application as well. Could be because of matching UCI and Passport#. Yesterday, I did another Biometric for PR and it seems since some information was already there, It did not overwrite with the new info.

Reactions: Socceros