+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

karan sallan

Sep 7, 2015
Chandigarh
Category........
FAM
I know everyone says that no news is good news but I am getting very worried again that we are on the silent path.

I am sponsoring my husband from Colombia, he works for an American company and spends 6 months at a time traveling. He had asked his company for
A leave of absences as he can not be working if he is going to have to give up his passport. He is currently in Colombia waiting..

He had received his pre-arrival letter back in August, after one month had passed I emailed the bogota office asking for an update on his application.

They responded with “This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is in queue for review. An exact review schedule is not yet available. However, all applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received.

No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.”

I had not responded back. Another month has passed and still no response, and now GCKEY is showing the estimate time remanding in weeks instead rather then months.

I’m not sure if I should again contact the bogota office again as I don’t want to

upset them or push back the application.

Below is our timeline

1. App received -January 31
  2. AOR -acknowledgments of receipt- March 30
  3. Medical Request - July 3
  4. Medical Done- July 17
  5. Medical Passed -July 23
  6. Transferred - April 24 - Local Office
  7. Request to pay for Biometrics -Aug 1
  8. Paid for Biometrics -Aug 2
  9. Request for Biometrics-Aug 8
  10. Biometric - Aug 15
  11. Biometrics Passed- TBA
  12. Pre Arrival Letter- Aug 16
How to check biometric passed?

Botty

Aug 19, 2019
Has anyone have any experience with updating your passport while in the process of applying for the visa?
Mine is expiring during the next year and I wanted to renew before I go over to canada.
I still have not gotten my passport request from CIC
Advice?

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
Has anyone have any experience with updating your passport while in the process of applying for the visa?
Mine is expiring during the next year and I wanted to renew before I go over to canada.
I still have not gotten my passport request from CIC
Advice?
My husband's passport was expiring during the process, so once he renewed it I simply sent a webform attaching a copy of the pages they initially asked for in our application. I advised them it was a new passport since the last one expired and they sent a response in 5 days saying thank for the update.

We're still waiting as well, our file was recently transferred to Mexico VO.

Reactions: Botty

Beatkedd

Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney& Mexico
Okay so finally got file transfer letter today but I’m really confused they sent our file to Mexico visa office, which is not my spouses country . It’s supposed to go to Brazil visa office in São Paulo.

Has this happened to anyone else ? Had the file transferred to a different country? Is it normal ? I’m planing to call in the morning and ask but just wanted to check in and see or do you think Mexico will forward it to Brazil ?

Reactions: FVPupnorth

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
Just got my GCMS notes (a smidge over one month, ordered on Sept 16th), and I have some questions. They don't reveal much, so guess I should have waiting a little longer. They were dated Oct.17th and do include the transfer of our file to Mexico but Criminality is in progress and Security/Eligibility have not been started.

The main question is ... does a non-accompanying dependent have to give biometrics? The notes are confusing and I will send a webform if necessary, but I thought someone might know. Thanks for your comments.

Beatkedd

Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney& Mexico
Just got my GCMS notes (a smidge over one month, ordered on Sept 16th), and I have some questions. They don't reveal much, so guess I should have waiting a little longer. They were dated Oct.17th and do include the transfer of our file to Mexico but Criminality is in progress and Security/Eligibility have not been started.

The main question is ... does a non-accompanying dependent have to give biometrics? The notes are confusing and I will send a webform if necessary, but I thought someone might know. Thanks for your comments.
I don't think a child non accompanying has to do biometric , pretty sure I researched this before but I don’t remember where I read it . But they do need to do medical

Reactions: FVPupnorth

Botty

Aug 19, 2019
My husband's passport was expiring during the process, so once he renewed it I simply sent a webform attaching a copy of the pages they initially asked for in our application. I advised them it was a new passport since the last one expired and they sent a response in 5 days saying thank for the update.

We're still waiting as well, our file was recently transferred to Mexico VO.
Okay, thank you so much!

Mikomike

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Oh my God its so borring for waiting the final decision.
I am january 22 aplicant I did biomatric medical before 4months july 4 medcal done and pass still nothing new,

Miggs88

Jul 26, 2019
Hey everyone, just checking back in with my own update.

Finally received signs of life from IRCC this month, similar thing to what's happened to others here. To recap: hadn't heard anything since uploading the Biometrics fee receipt at the end of March/beginning of April, but finally (after 7 months no less) they asked for my Biometrics on the 16th October and I went to the VAC in London on the 21st to do so. GC Key updated practically on the same day with the Biometrics reference number.

Here's hoping that we're all still on track for the 12 month mark (or sooner). Just waiting for AOR2 and PPR now. Good luck peeps!

Reactions: Qaypol and vic1028

vic1028

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
TUNIS, TUNISIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
08-03-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
04-11-2019
LANDED..........
14-12-2019
Hi guys! After silence from March, we received bio and pre-arrival Oct 15th and Decision Made yesterday the 22nd! We are Jan7th applicants. Complete timeline is in my signature! I hope this ends very soon for us all! <3

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
I don't think a child non accompanying has to do biometric , pretty sure I researched this before but I don’t remember where I read it . But they do need to do medical
Medical yes
Biometrics no
Thanks for your responses. I didn't think so either but the notes were confusing showing that she did in one place and didn't appear to in another. When I paid the fees the system only showed $85 owing for my husband, so .... Thanks again!

Reactions: Beatkedd

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
I just checked ECAS and there is a new line that says, "We started processing XXXXXXX's application on October 23, 2019". Since I haven't heard anything from Mexico that they received our file or are working on it, only an email from Sydney that they sent it to Mexico, I guess this is AOR2! YAAAAYY!! :D Good news is coming for everyone, I hope.

Reactions: Beatkedd and DepNG