+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

Botty

Aug 19, 2019
I had a very exciting day today. Got my BIL yesterday and completed them today. Later in the evening I got my pre-arrival letter!

Timeline:
Application recieved Jan 15
Sponsor Approval March 2
Requested medical March 6
Request for additional information March 9
Transfer to Paris on March 13
Started processing March 19
Medical sent in April 30 (delayed due to re-test. CIC notified about the delay)
Additional info received May 3rd
Biometrics request October 8
Biometrics sent in on October 9
Pre-arrival letter on October 9

Reactions: FVPupnorth

Omarwehbi

May 29, 2019
I had a very exciting day today. Got my BIL yesterday and completed them today. Later in the evening I got my pre-arrival letter!

Timeline:
Application recieved Jan 15
Sponsor Approval March 2
Requested medical March 6
Request for additional information March 9
Transfer to Paris on March 13
Started processing March 19
Medical sent in April 30 (delayed due to re-test. CIC notified about the delay)
Additional info received May 3rd
Biometrics request October 8
Biometrics sent in on October 9
Pre-arrival letter on October 9
Hi, I also got my pre-arrival letter today from Paris VO.
Application received Jan 30 and transfer to Paris on May 12.
Sounds pretty good.

Rena29

Mar 3, 2019
Not uncommon. Our biometrics were completed late march. Biometrics information showed up under PA's name online, but status read "We have still not received your fingerprints" for a long time. It suddenly changed early September to "Biometrics completed January 2019".. which was the wrong date but whatever *shrug*
Ok
Not uncommon. Our biometrics were completed late march. Biometrics information showed up under PA's name online, but status read "We have still not received your fingerprints" for a long time. It suddenly changed early September to "Biometrics completed January 2019".. which was the wrong date but whatever *shrug*
ok, thanks it’s just frustrating waiting so long feels like forever , ours still don’t say completed but it’s done from July thou

Qaypol

Sep 20, 2019
Any Jan applicants still waiting for DM after transferred to Mississauga VO?
I am a january applicant; but I think our file was transferred to Ankara VO in April. Still waiting for the next step.
How can I check when the file was transferred other than the info in E-CAS?

Almasrabab

Star Member
May 7, 2019
If I request notes to see what’s going on with my application will that help with getting the process to move faster? We already got approved, but im really worried for my husbands safety in Iraq. Does anybody have an idea if i can email cic and let them understand my situation. I just dont want to affect my case but at the same time i am really worried for his safety. He might try to go to turkey and wait for his visa request from there

Almasrabab

Star Member
May 7, 2019
We got approved during our interview august 25th 2019.
If I request notes to see what’s going on with my application will that help with getting the process to move faster? We already got approved, but im really worried for my husbands safety in Iraq. Does anybody have an idea if i can email cic and let them understand my situation. I just dont want to affect my case but at the same time i am really worried for his safety. He might try to go to turkey and wait for his visa request from there

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hi I am also a Jan 2019 applicant still waiting for a file transfer. did my Bio & medicals in March. could you tell me what is ATIP notes and how can I apply for the same?
Hey everyone,
I know I keep asking this question every few months, but I was wondering if there is anyone here still waiting for file transfer.
We are Jan 2019 applicants STILL waiting for out file transfer!!!
Have done our Bio and Medical in March 2019.
Recently received ATIP notes and there was nothing much in there either.
I am March 2019 applicant still waiting ... how long the atip notes take becuz I order today
I am a Jan 4, 2019 applicant and just got my file transferred on Oct. 3rd to Mexico VO. Heard nothing from May 31 to Oct. 3, now just waiting for AOR from Mexico VO to see when they will start working on it.

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
I am a january applicant; but I think our file was transferred to Ankara VO in April. Still waiting for the next step.
How can I check when the file was transferred other than the info in E-CAS?
Normally they will tell you by phone but I don't know where you are right now... in Canada? I don't know if you'd want to chance sitting on hold a long time if outside Canada. :(

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
I am a Jan 4, 2019 applicant and just got my file transferred on Oct. 3rd to Mexico VO. Heard nothing from May 31 to Oct. 3, now just waiting for AOR from Mexico VO to see when they will start working on it.
That means u haven’t heard 5 months and u got transfer ... I haven’t heard after june 10 bio done

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
That means u haven’t heard 5 months and u got transfer ... I haven’t heard after june 10 bio done
Not actually ... from May 31 to October 3 is really only 4 full months and a couple of days (June, July, August, and September). So it's not quite as bad as it sounds. :)

From June 10 to yesterday would be 4 full months so hopefully you will hear something soon. Which VO will it be transferred to?

Reactions: Farahnaz11

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
O
Not actually ... from May 31 to October 3 is really only 4 full months and a couple of days (June, July, August, and September). So it's not quite as bad as it sounds. :)

From June 10 to yesterday would be 4 full months so hopefully you will hear something soon. Which VO will it be transferred to?
ohhh I see u of course London visa office

cc2016

Jul 24, 2019
I know everyone says that no news is good news but I am getting very worried again that we are on the silent path.

I am sponsoring my husband from Colombia, he works for an American company and spends 6 months at a time traveling. He had asked his company for
A leave of absences as he can not be working if he is going to have to give up his passport. He is currently in Colombia waiting..

He had received his pre-arrival letter back in August, after one month had passed I emailed the bogota office asking for an update on his application.

They responded with “This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is in queue for review. An exact review schedule is not yet available. However, all applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received.

No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.”

I had not responded back. Another month has passed and still no response, and now GCKEY is showing the estimate time remanding in weeks instead rather then months.

I’m not sure if I should again contact the bogota office again as I don’t want to

upset them or push back the application.

Below is our timeline

1. App received -January 31
  2. AOR -acknowledgments of receipt- March 30
  3. Medical Request - July 3
  4. Medical Done- July 17
  5. Medical Passed -July 23
  6. Transferred - April 24 - Local Office
  7. Request to pay for Biometrics -Aug 1
  8. Paid for Biometrics -Aug 2
  9. Request for Biometrics-Aug 8
  10. Biometric - Aug 15
  11. Biometrics Passed- TBA