20-06-2019
Hi, if we received passport request should i book a flight
Wait for the stamped passport and COPR to be in hand before you book the flight

Reactions: TIL

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
More good news today ... we received biometrics instruction letter, pre-arrival services letter and another letter that is maybe ... PPR??? Here's a quoted excerpt and then more info from the letter.

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application we require the following:

Copy of Valid Passport - please submit a copy of the valid passport's bio data page for you
."

Paraphrasing now ... It goes on to say that if the document is not in English or French, you need to send a certified translation with a copy of the originals. The documents must be received within 15 days of the date of this letter and our correspondence has to be sent to the Immigration Section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico at the address indicated on the bottom of the page.

So, I'm a little confused as to whether they want the actual passport or just a (translated) copy of the bio page. And, is this our Passport Request?

Qaypol

Sep 20, 2019
More good news today ... we received biometrics instruction letter, pre-arrival services letter and another letter that is maybe ... PPR??? Here's a quoted excerpt and then more info from the letter.

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application we require the following:

Copy of Valid Passport - please submit a copy of the valid passport's bio data page for you
."

Paraphrasing now ... It goes on to say that if the document is not in English or French, you need to send a certified translation with a copy of the originals. The documents must be received within 15 days of the date of this letter and our correspondence has to be sent to the Immigration Section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico at the address indicated on the bottom of the page.

So, I'm a little confused as to whether they want the actual passport or just a (translated) copy of the bio page. And, is this our Passport Request?
Congrats, that's a lot of development in one go.
I am not sure the last letter is a passport request as you would expect that to be received after the DM and it would clearly ask for your passport and not a copy of it. at this point they just asked for a copy of the first page of your passport. they can't issue a visa on a copy of a page.

Reactions: TIL and FVPupnorth

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
I am not sure the last letter is a passport request as you would expect that to be received after the DM and it would clearly ask for your passport and not a copy of it. at this point they just asked for a copy of the first page of your passport. they can't issue a visa on a copy of a page.
Yes, it is, especially after, like the rest of you, I hadn't heard anything for just under 5 months! My husband's smile gets bigger every time I have a new email from IRCC. Thanks for your explanation, that makes sense.

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
We applied January 2019 and got our AOR1 February 27, 2019. We just received our AOR2 from Mexico today, October 29, 2019.

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes after AOR2? I know it varies from case to case but am just curious if anyone knows roughly? Our application says it is 10 weeks until the full year

TIL

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Visa Office......
London, UK
Hi, if we received passport request should i book a flight
No because you don't know how long it will take for the passport to come back and how long it will take to receive copy of permanent residence.

TIL

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Visa Office......
London, UK
Yes, it is, especially after, like the rest of you, I hadn't heard anything for just under 5 months! My husband's smile gets bigger every time I have a new email from IRCC. Thanks for your explanation, that makes sense.
Haha same with my husband and I. He has trouble sleeping after the day because he is so excited :p

Reactions: FVPupnorth

Hope101

Oct 31, 2019
I applied for my husband sponsorship in January 8th 2019, got medical done in March, just recently on October 3rd we filed for his GCkey notes and was emailed the following day informing us his file has been transferred to Mexico.
We havent heard anything since, I’m hoping and praying our family is together for this year Christmas

Reactions: Qaypol and Beatkedd

vic1028

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
TUNIS, TUNISIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
08-03-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
04-11-2019
LANDED..........
14-12-2019

."

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Such incredible news! You had so much stress with this I remember in the beginning and it is so nice that it is finally over! Congratulations!!! xxxx

Reactions: FVPupnorth

vic1028

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
TUNIS, TUNISIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
08-03-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
04-11-2019
LANDED..........
14-12-2019
I received aor 2 on 30th Oct and today I received the pre arrival services letter is it a good sign?
Congratulations! It is a good sign. You will receive Decision Made in ECAS soon if you have completed your biometrics and medicals already. Then after decision made, they will send a passport request! :)

Reactions: Diyakhan

Diyakhan

Nov 1, 2019
Congratulations! It is a good sign. You will receive Decision Made in ECAS soon if you have completed your biometrics and medicals already. Then after decision made, they will send a passport request! :)
Thanku :) yep I'm done with the medicals way back in March and biometrics on 25th Oct

Rich4bright

Mar 9, 2016
If you are from visa exempted country, that’s what they will request from you”a copy of your passport data page “ congratulations

Reactions: Qaypol

Ori2314

Mar 4, 2019
Abu Dhabi
Category........
App. Filed.......
25-12-2018
Doc's Request.
28-02-2019
Med's Request
28-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-03-2019
We applied January 2019 and got our AOR1 February 27, 2019. We just received our AOR2 from Mexico today, October 29, 2019.

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes after AOR2? I know it varies from case to case but am just curious if anyone knows roughly? Our application says it is 10 weeks until the full year
Same it is for me, applied on January 2019 and in October my file got transferred to vo london but not yet aor2 received. I don't really know how long it will take since 9 weeks left till 1year completion date.