+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

phushcan

Apr 23, 2019
Hi. Just chiming in with my two cents, I am American and my husband is Canadian. We applied outland. We submitted the paid receipt for biometrics with our application. App was received Jan 11. I have still not received my biometrics request. I would not expect at all for that fast of a processing time. Some say US-Canada spouses get approved in 6-8 months but at this rate I would not be holding my breath. From what I read CPC-Mississauga processes US outland apps too and I believe they make the decision. I understand the eagerness especially to do a move in the summer, lord knows that's what I want, but I have serious doubts of it happening. The only thing any of us can do is just be patient.
Thank you for sharing your situation and thoughts. Sounds like we are on the same stage with our apps, except mine was received on Jan 22nd. The thing is, I reviewed the tracker and some US-Canada spouses have gotten their biometric request and done within 3.5 months. I didn't know it'd take a long time to send out a simple biometric request letter; one click away. Maybe it also depends on who is working on it. Yes I agree, all we can do is to be patient, but sometimes we become confused on the process after analyzing other peoples' files how they're getting theirs faster than others even if their apps are received a few weeks after. >.<

Reactions: MustLoveCats

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
Thank you for sharing your situation and thoughts. Sounds like we are on the same stage with our apps, except mine was received on Jan 22nd. The thing is, I reviewed the tracker and some US-Canada spouses have gotten their biometric request and done within 3.5 months. I didn't know it'd take a long time to send out a simple biometric request letter; one click away. Maybe it also depends on who is working on it. Yes I agree, all we can do is to be patient, but sometimes we become confused on the process after analyzing other peoples' files how they're getting theirs faster than others even if their apps are received a few weeks after. >.<
Trust me I understand. It does tick me and my husband off. Yesterday was year 4 for us being together and this fall we will be married 2 years. I am off from school in the summer (I am a part-time graduate student and I work part-time in the medical field in administration) and it would be ideal to move in the summer but like you said you cannot help but analyze and get frustrated at other people's progression when yours is basically at a stand still. I have seen Feb and March apps with US applicants and they had the biometric and med request sent and it's like what the heck? After this I definitely think it all has to do with whoever gets your case. It's kinda bs. I saw someone from another group this year from India get approved in 72 days. It honestly looks like a bias when you see so many other countries and yes mainly India get approved faster than others. Its just reality to compare to applicants from other countries and especially your own when you see the progression even when you submitted your app way earlier.

canrediff

Jan 14, 2019
Trust me I understand. It does tick me and my husband off. Yesterday was year 4 for us being together and this fall we will be married 2 years. I am off from school in the summer (I am a part-time graduate student and I work part-time in the medical field in administration) and it would be ideal to move in the summer but like you said you cannot help but analyze and get frustrated at other people's progression when yours is basically at a stand still. I have seen Feb and March apps with US applicants and they had the biometric and med request sent and it's like what the heck? After this I definitely think it all has to do with whoever gets your case. It's kinda bs. I saw someone from another group this year from India get approved in 72 days. It honestly looks like a bias when you see so many other countries and yes mainly India get approved faster than others. Its just reality to compare to applicants from other countries and especially your own when you see the progression even when you submitted your app way earlier.
Hey, I am from India and there are couple more applicants from India, still waiting for file transfer. Its I think who is handling your case that matters. Sometimes, even a crystal clear case also takes time depending on visa officer.
I wish Mr. Jerry from Sydney sees my file and transfer it quickly.

Reactions: schweisy

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
the worst thing to do is compare you application to anyones application.. each application is unique and there are many factors.. its tough i know, but it shouldnt be done...

Reactions: schweisy and svilli

al0h0m0ra

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Calgary
We accidentally did not pay biometrics fee upfront due to confusion. We had to wait until we were requested to pay for biometrics on March 5th I believe. We got biometrics request finally on April 11th and submitted them last Friday (19th). I do agree that I think it's dependent on who is working on your file. (My spouse is a US citizen)

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Reactions: al0h0m0ra

phushcan

Apr 23, 2019
Exactly. There are apps that were received after January and get more progress. This leads to curiosity and worry if there's something wrong with our own apps. But after all, my best guess is who is really attending our apps..I thought it'd be faster for visa-exempted countries since there is no extra process to obtain a visa. Oh well.., praying we'll get the letter soon.

vskhosa

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Just wondering guys. Those who have PPR , has it been updated on our spreadsheet ??? I don’t see much details on spreadsheet after biometrics
I am still here. My wife submitted her passport on 16th. Haven't received anything back yet. Still says under processing.

phushcan

Apr 23, 2019
the worst thing to do is compare you application to anyones application.. each application is unique and there are many factors.. its tough i know, but it shouldnt be done...
I understand your point because comparing will just lead to more anxiety and worry, but it's frustrating to see timelines that are not aligning to our expectations especially if you have similar origin country and app received date. So, now I don't know if I should continue relying on people timelines..

phushcan

Apr 23, 2019
We accidentally did not pay biometrics fee upfront due to confusion. We had to wait until we were requested to pay for biometrics on March 5th I believe. We got biometrics request finally on April 11th and submitted them last Friday (19th). I do agree that I think it's dependent on who is working on your file. (My spouse is a US citizen)
This is an example: CA PR sponsoring a US citizen spouse, app received on Jan 11 and already received biometric request. But Ms. MustLoveCats has a Canadian citizen sponsor, app received on Jan 9 and haven't receive the biometric request..so yeah, blame on the processor..lol

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
peo
I understand your point because comparing will just lead to more anxiety and worry, but it's frustrating to see timelines that are not aligning to our expectations especially if you have similar origin country and app received date. So, now I don't know if I should continue relying on people timelines..
people who applied 3-4 months after us got their PPRs 2-3 months before us.. i know the feeling but no one can speak to anyones applications.. you just have to trust the process... bank on a year and dont get your hopes up with false expectations and eliminate the disappointment by not comparing