+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

phushcan

Apr 23, 2019
peo

people who applied 3-4 months after us got their PPRs 2-3 months before us.. i know the feeling but no one can speak to anyones applications.. you just have to trust the process... bank on a year and dont get your hopes up with false expectations and eliminate the disappointment by not comparing
wow...sorry to hear that happened to your application..right on, i'll take your advice

al0h0m0ra

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Calgary
This is an example: CA PR sponsoring a US citizen spouse, app received on Jan 11 and already received biometric request. But Ms. MustLoveCats has a Canadian citizen sponsor, app received on Jan 9 and haven't receive the biometric request..so yeah, blame on the processor..lol
There shouldn't be any distinction in application times between CA PR or Citizen. I thought the conversation was centered around the PA not the Sponsor, lol. Like I said earlier, I don't think the PA's country is any indication on how fast it will go.

Gordy-19

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
hey guys.. could someone help me, I am trying to get in touch with CIC on 1-8882422100. however I keep getting their automated lines. is there an extension number that I can dial to speak to a human on the other end??

BigCrunch

Apr 24, 2019
Is there a logic behind when biometrics are requested (location, nationality, office transferred to, etc)? Some seem to have the request at the same time as or close to the medical request, others with some delay.

My wife was approved as sponsor on March 19, my medical was requested on March 20, application was transferred to CPC Mississauga on March 25, medical completed April 1. Current status says no fingerprints needed, but I know they wil be at some point.

Reactions: MustLoveCats

BigCrunch

Apr 24, 2019
Reactions: Gordy-19

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
Hey, I am from India and there are couple more applicants from India, still waiting for file transfer. Its I think who is handling your case that matters. Sometimes, even a crystal clear case also takes time depending on visa officer.
I wish Mr. Jerry from Sydney sees my file and transfer it quickly.
I hope your file gets transferred soon. Just noticeable from all spreadsheets especially during the past year that the majority of Indian applicants are processed faster than others.

Reactions: FVPupnorth

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
Exactly. There are apps that were received after January and get more progress. This leads to curiosity and worry if there's something wrong with our own apps. But after all, my best guess is who is really attending our apps..I thought it'd be faster for visa-exempted countries since there is no extra process to obtain a visa. Oh well.., praying we'll get the letter soon.
I hope we all do. But yes one cannot help but think of all things as to why there has been no progress.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
Finally got our biometrics request today! Almost a month since they received his medical results, I paid and sent receipt via webform like two weeks ago. Spouse (and I) are in US
What is your timeline? I don't see your name in the spreadsheet for Jan. When was the medical done?

phushcan

Apr 23, 2019
There shouldn't be any distinction in application times between CA PR or Citizen. I thought the conversation was centered around the PA not the Sponsor, lol. Like I said earlier, I don't think the PA's country is any indication on how fast it will go.
Based on what I was informed the CA citizen sponsors are supposed to be priority. It may be wrong. As I've mentioned, obtaining a visa is an extra process to the application, so I was thinking visa-exempted countries would be a faster process. Again, what we both think, it's up to who is processing it.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
Is there a logic behind when biometrics are requested (location, nationality, office transferred to, etc)? Some seem to have the request at the same time as or close to the medical request, others with some delay.

My wife was approved as sponsor on March 19, my medical was requested on March 20, application was transferred to CPC Mississauga on March 25, medical completed April 1. Current status says no fingerprints needed, but I know they wil be at some point.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason for their methods. My timeline is similar to yours. App received Jan 11, AOR1 March 2, Sponsor Approval March 7, Med Exam Request March 7, App transferred to CPC-Mississauga March 19, Med Exam April 1, and Passed Med Exam April 9. All this and still no biometric request or AOR2. And exactly my CIC says the same as does the automated system at IRCC.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
hey guys.. could someone help me, I am trying to get in touch with CIC on 1-8882422100. however I keep getting their automated lines. is there an extension number that I can dial to speak to a human on the other end??
If you are getting through you need to listen to the prompts carefully and go through the system. That's the only way to speak to a human. If the lines are high volume you may not get through as it will hang up after their message stating that so you'll need to call again.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
I think it does. From what I have seen on here and other sites centered around immigration, outland applications for India seem to be averaging 3-4 months, Americans 6-8, and Philippines seem to be fast too.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Being a PR or citizen is irrelevant in processing time, but the PA's country does have an effect on how fast it will go - processing times is largely dependent on VOs. For example, if you're processed at LVO, you're in for a ride - it's one of the slowest. If you're processed at CPC M, it's one of the fastest. VO is assigned based on PA nationality.

phushcan

Apr 23, 2019

Based on my observation on people's timelines, biometrics are requested at random times in the process...

Last edited: