+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

Impatient1

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Toronto
Got a ghost update on gckey. It said application/profile updated. But nothing new in there. All same. Update happened in last 2 hrs i guess.
I saw this as well on our account. For us, the biometrics status was updated to Completed.

1-2 hrs later the App Status changed from “Application/Profile updated” to “Submitted”

Wondering what the 2nd update means? Just that we’ve submitted our completed biometrics?

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
I saw this as well on our account. For us, the biometrics status was updated to Completed.

1-2 hrs later the App Status changed from “Application/Profile updated” to “Submitted”

Wondering what the 2nd update means? Just that we’ve submitted our completed biometrics?
It changes to Submitted right after you open up the status page.. for you it might be for biometrics.. for me there was no update although it said its updated..

phushcan

Apr 23, 2019
Hello Everyone!

I must say that this thread is super helpful! Thank you for all of your application updates and information! They give us a sense of how our application is doing, somehow.

Anyone here who's a Canadian citizen sponsoring their US-citizen spouse? We received e-mail notifications stating that our biometric fee receipt was forwarded to the 'responsible office' on April 16th and application has been transferred to CPC-Mississauga on April 17th. We are expecting a biometric letter soon, but I don't know why it takes several days for it to be e-mailed to us..How long is the wait?

Would a file transfer to CPC-Mississauga from CPC-Sydney be a good sign that the application will be finalized within a month and a half? Does the CPC-Mississauga make the final decision? I thought this office only processes permanent residence apps for PA spouses already living Canada. We're hoping the move will happen in mid-June..

Last edited:

dyla18689

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
A few questions to the group.

We finally managed to link our application on GCKEY - phew!

#1. It shows that they are currently reviewing eligibility for the application. At the same time, we have passed the medicals and completed biometrics. Is this normal?

#2. It says the background check is in process, but we have not received an AOR2 or file transfer notification. Does background check happen before?

We still haven't received AOR1 or SA (though ecas has been updated to Decision Made on April 16)

Thanks!

Reactions: Samantha245G

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
A few questions to the group.

We finally managed to link our application on GCKEY - phew!

#1. It shows that they are currently reviewing eligibility for the application. At the same time, we have passed the medicals and completed biometrics. Is this normal?

#2. It says the background check is in process, but we have not received an AOR2 or file transfer notification. Does background check happen before?

We still haven't received AOR1 or SA (though ecas has been updated to Decision Made on April 16)

Thanks!
#1 Yes, this is normal.
#2 my BGC has started the day I linked my application (it was even before DM in sponsor's ecas)

Reactions: schweisy

hs2014

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-mar-2016
Doc's Request.
16-sep-2016
Nomination.....
16-feb-2016
AOR Received.
25-April-2017
Reactions: PrateekVatsyana

Navu*

Apr 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
17 jan 2019
AOR Received.
5march
File Transfer...
19march
Med's Request
6march
Med's Done....
13march
Passport Req..
2may
Hii everyone.
I want to know if i link my application on GCKey..then they will still send corresponding emails or just update it on my account??