+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

sarab321

Apr 30, 2014
Hi, I have seen that only few people are receiving finger print notification and not all, is there any specific reason for this

irishibanez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Calgary
In progress on 10th APril and yes city is toronto
you're pankaj in the spreadsheet right? how come you have reported April 16 as in process first?
Hi, I have seen that only few people are receiving finger print notification and not all, is there any specific reason for this
usually it's because your name is similar to quiet a few people and want to make sure you're not one of the ones that might have a criminal record

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
you're pankaj in the spreadsheet right? how come you have reported April 16 as in process first?

usually it's because your name is similar to quiet a few people and want to make sure you're not one of the ones that might have a criminal record
This is correct, but other reasons might include:
- you changing your name after a marriage or for another reason;
- not declaring any criminal history (even minor or something that was expunged/not prosecuted) if your name/DOB comes up in US or foreign law enforcement databases (IRCC/RCMP has access to the FBI's National Crime Information Centre and Interpol)
- random FP checks, which (when random) can apply to anyone

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Canadian Fingerprinting Services Inc.

1504 Markham Rd #1, Scarborough, ON M1B 2V9
(416) 901-5608 https://g.co/kgs/t4oYGk

I went to this place. Cost about $65, which I believe is overpriced. I didn't want to shop around and wanted to get it over with.
I was going to post a question about price, I was wondering how much others spent. Mine was $52 (tax in) at the first place I found (Google paid ad top of list) in Pickering, seemed high in some ways but the service and all was excellent. Plus, was able to get it done the same day and just wanted it done.

MH1

Apr 25, 2019
Are all applicants supposed to submit finger prints ? What about those applicants who have completed their time and left canada ? Do we have to come back to canada for finger prints as well as the interview and oath?

Thanks

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Are all applicants supposed to submit finger prints ? What about those applicants who have completed their time and left canada ? Do we have to come back to canada for finger prints as well as the interview and oath?

Thanks
No, upthread the various reasons are discussed for the request but one reason is definitely that some people are picked randomly. Almost every single person I know who has gone through this, minus one, has been asked for them. So from my personal experience, about 90% of people are asked. You can receive the request anything from a soon (weeks?) to after a year after you apply. Will come via snail mail or email.

Believe this is also discussed upthread, but there should be places outside Canada that can do it. Depends where you are, major centres in other countries likely have more options as it needs to be somewhere that is correctly accredited. Did you have a specific country/city in mind?

Once you get the request, you have 30 days. Or have to provide a reason for a longer delay.

almost-there

Mar 18, 2019
I was going to post a question about price, I was wondering how much others spent. Mine was $52 (tax in) at the first place I found (Google paid ad top of list) in Pickering, seemed high in some ways but the service and all was excellent. Plus, was able to get it done the same day and just wanted it done.
I actually called my local police station and they referred me to this place. Their website quoted $39. Service was excellent and quick. I was done in 5 minutes. I was happy.

That being said, he did tell me that $39 is the base price, then there are additional charges for photo, handling, submission, etc. It annoyed me as this is classic bait pricing model.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I actually called my local police station and they referred me to this place. Their website quoted $39. Service was excellent and quick. I was done in 5 minutes. I was happy.

That being said, he did tell me that $39 is the base price, then there are additional charges for photo, handling, submission, etc. It annoyed me as this is classic bait pricing model.
Is that the Scarborough place or the Pickering one? Yes I hate being quoted one price then finding out it's more for required aspects. I often say "and with tax etc.." though with the $52 one... they quoted $52 and I paid $52.

Plus, it's right by the Go station.