+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Got Finger print request today.
Just to clarify the process-
  • I have to go at RCMP accredited fingerprint place.
  • Give them letter and other documents listed in letter from CIC.
  • The agency will send fingerprints to RCMP
  • And then RCMP will forward the results directly to Citizenship.
Folks, please advise if the process is correct? Also, should I explain this process to fingerprint agency or they would already know the process beforehand?

Lastly, how would I know that fingerprints are updated at Citizenship office ?

lake54321

May 8, 2019
Hi, I've submitted the application and would like to be added to the sheet. Here's my info:

ID:lake54321
App type: Single
Physical presence days: 1,700
App sent: 20.01.2019
App delivered: 22.01.2019
AOR: 24.01.2019
Processing: 01.04.2019

Thank you.

Reactions: pillow

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Folks, please advise if the process is correct? Also, should I explain this process to fingerprint agency or they would already know the process beforehand?

Call CIC after about 15-20 days

almost-there

Mar 18, 2019
Is that the Scarborough place or the Pickering one? Yes I hate being quoted one price then finding out it's more for required aspects. I often say "and with tax etc.." though with the $52 one... they quoted $52 and I paid $52.

Plus, it's right by the Go station.
It is the Scarborough location. Very easily accessible actually if you are driving. It is right outside the Markham exit on 401 on the North side.

almost-there

Mar 18, 2019
Will it take longer to process my application because I have to do FP? if yes, how long? Thanks
I had the same question. I looked at 2018 spreadsheet and it looks like people get contacted by CIC around 8 weeks after fingerprint submission, usually with a test invitation.

Last edited:

jc94

Mar 14, 2016

The agency (for me anyway) sent my fingerprints directly to my CIC processing office while I was in the room. They did NOT want or look at the COPR, just the letter and two forms of ID, my passport and driving license, didn't want to see PR card either. They also said they could have looked at the letter on my phone (had printing issues) if needed.

It is the Scarborough location. Very easily accessible actually if you are driving. It is right outside the Markham exit on 401 on the North side.
Pickering one also easy driving, can park around the Bay easily close off the 401, at least during the week.

I had the same question. I looked at 2018 spreadsheet and it looks like people get contacted by CIC around 8 weeks after fingerprint submission, usually with a test invitation.
This is what confuses me. It's meant to take 12 months, if all of us getting these FP requests in April/May get test invites in 2 months, along with all those who got it already... then we're looking more at 5-6 months to test invite; I was expecting 9-10. Or 8 optimistically. Not that I'm complaining. Test to Oath is normally 1-2 months right.

I know the average is apparently 12 months; but the CIC tends to list average as "minimum for 90% of people (who don't live in NB/PEI sort of regions)".

msweet42

Jan 25, 2019
Gatineau, QC
LANDED..........
29-12-1986
I don't believe I submitted my information for the January, 2019, spreadsheet.

User: msweet42
App type: Single
Loc: Gatineau, QC
Days: 1694
App Sent: 24 Jan 2019
App Received: 31 Jan 2019
AOR: 27 Mar 2019
In Process: 24 Apr 2019

almost-there

Mar 18, 2019
The agency (for me anyway) sent my fingerprints directly to my CIC processing office while I was in the room. They did NOT want or look at the COPR, just the letter and two forms of ID, my passport and driving license, didn't want to see PR card either. They also said they could have looked at the letter on my phone (had printing issues) if needed.

Pickering one also easy driving, can park around the Bay easily close off the 401, at least during the week.

This is what confuses me. It's meant to take 12 months, if all of us getting these FP requests in April/May get test invites in 2 months, along with all those who got it already... then we're looking more at 5-6 months to test invite; I was expecting 9-10. Or 8 optimistically. Not that I'm complaining. Test to Oath is normally 1-2 months right.

I know the average is apparently 12 months; but the CIC tends to list average as "minimum for 90% of people (who don't live in NB/PEI sort of regions)".
I remember a few years ago that each point of contact from CIC would be 2.5 to 3 months. Example, AOR would be 3 months, then IP would be 3 months after that, etc. I'm seeing that now the processing is actually going faster. Each point of contact from CIC is happening in the 1.5 to 2 month range. I'm guessing they probably increased staff to make this happen (really, just my opinion). It would explain why it seems like we may be done with the whole process in less than the estimated 12 month.