+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

Irishlady

Oct 22, 2015
Hi there,

My husband received finger print request - Ecas was updated on April 25th stating they send correspondence, but we did not receive the letter in the mail until May 1st.
Finger prints completed and sent off on May 2nd.

hopefully it doesn't slow us down too much.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Updating again. Received fingerprint request today. Submitted fingerprints today.

Also, apparently my processing office is the one at 325 Milner Avenue in Scarborough. My location on the spreadsheet is Toronto. Maybe it should be updated to Scarborough?
Wow, our dates are almost the same! Sent same day, arrived a day apart, AOR a day apart, few days with IP and then same day fingerprints!
I think we just list actual location, but I did wonder that. My office is Scarborough too as there is only one office East of about Mississauga I believe until you hit Ottawa!

Hi there,

My husband received finger print request - Ecas was updated on April 25th stating they send correspondence, but we did not receive the letter in the mail until May 1st.
Finger prints completed and sent off on May 2nd.

hopefully it doesn't slow us down too much.

My application hasn't changed from In Process. Maybe because the FP was via email.

almost-there

Mar 18, 2019
Wow, our dates are almost the same! Sent same day, arrived a day apart, AOR a day apart, few days with IP and then same day fingerprints!
I think we just list actual location, but I did wonder that. My office is Scarborough too as there is only one office East of about Mississauga I believe until you hit Ottawa!

My application hasn't changed from In Process. Maybe because the FP was via email.
I was looking at your dates and thinking the same!
Btw, it stays in "In Progress" state until decision is made. To my knowledge, the fingerprint request is not posted to ECAS.

Reactions: jc94

SKPAUL77

Dec 1, 2014
Hi

Wanted to share my experience

I had an updated status on ECAS that my Exam date is 16th and they have sent me an mail. However i had not got the Email.

I called the call centre today and they informed that the Letter is not mandatory and if i walkin on the designated time and date at the centre, i would be able to give the exam.

And today when i reach home i saw a phyiscal letter in my letter box. Has anybody else got a letter for test earlier.. (i had my earlier intimation come by email).

irishibanez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Calgary
I really don't buy this, I've done a number of visa applicants online without issues including uploading photos etc.. I think even the PR stuff can be done online right? In this day and age ... and all the forms are available online, you basically complete it, sign it, and send it instead of scanning it. The time in Canada stuff could be easily submitted.

There should be no real need to do things by paper especially as once submitted it is nearly all electronic other than actually turning up to take the exam/interview/oath etc.. Seems like it would be less of a hassle for everyone, maybe it's to try and improve Canada Post's volumes :D
it could be that they don't want to be the one spending money for paper and print for applications, and the passport photos needs to have a stamp in the back

SRB_2019Jan

May 3, 2019
I received a fingerprinting request today. But I am out of Canada, in India, for another 2 months until July. Any advice how to handle this?

Last edited:

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I received a fingerprinting request today. But I am out of Canada, in India, for another 2 months until July. Any advice how to handle this?
SRB, as karthik mentioned, you should be ok. Go here (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=857&top=4) and then here (http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-getting-a-certified-criminal-record-check). Sounds like you can get your fingerprints at any local police station that is willing to take your fingerprints and sign for them, then you have to find an accredited company in Canada to convert them to the electronic that the RCMP uses. Good luck!