+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

SKPAUL77

Dec 1, 2014
I take it you noticed this on ECAS? Check your spam email folder and check ECAS to make sure they have your correct email address listed. If they do and you still can't find the email from IRCC, email or call them and ask them to re-send immediately. The email contains a PDF file that is your entrance to the test and you need to print it out and take it with you for the test/interview.
Hi
I logged in to ECAS but did not find a filed where it lists my email address. However the last two emails did arrive on my email address and i checked the spam folder for the same, but did not find it. Will try to call them up as per your suggestion.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Got this by email just under an hour ago: You are receiving this email and the attached letter because your fingerprints are required to continue processing your application for Canadian citizenship.

I'm assuming this is standard but it says (in the pdf) After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your case with regard to sections 21 and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act, explained further on the second page of this letter.

:eek:

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Got this by email just under an hour ago: You are receiving this email and the attached letter because your fingerprints are required to continue processing your application for Canadian citizenship.

I'm assuming this is standard but it says (in the pdf) After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your case with regard to sections 21 and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act, explained further on the second page of this letter.

:eek:
Yes its standard letter , i had the same

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Yes its standard letter , i had the same
Thanks. Love the wording - "Dear client", really?

Anyway, fingerprints taken and sent. Would have been faster but the email wasn't from the address that sent the AOR so hadn't set it as VIP on my phone :rolleyes:

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Nope, ONLY mailed application since you have to provide quiet a few documents as well as passport photos.
I really don't buy this, I've done a number of visa applicants online without issues including uploading photos etc.. I think even the PR stuff can be done online right? In this day and age ... and all the forms are available online, you basically complete it, sign it, and send it instead of scanning it. The time in Canada stuff could be easily submitted.

There should be no real need to do things by paper especially as once submitted it is nearly all electronic other than actually turning up to take the exam/interview/oath etc.. Seems like it would be less of a hassle for everyone, maybe it's to try and improve Canada Post's volumes :D

bandwidth

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
05-10-2010 1st AOR; 23-03-2011 2nd AOR; 08-03-2012 In Process
Med's Request
23-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2013 (Passport Submitted: 16-01-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2013
Please update my record:

Test Invite Letter: May 06, 2019
Test Interview Date: May 31, 2019

Reactions: Angelcat

almost-there

Mar 18, 2019
Updating again. Received fingerprint request today. Submitted fingerprints today.

Also, apparently my processing office is the one at 325 Milner Avenue in Scarborough. My location on the spreadsheet is Toronto. Maybe it should be updated to Scarborough?