+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

sumits

Jul 20, 2015
Received Test invite for 13 June 2019 email from CIC on 16 May 2019.

1. ECAS remains in In Process. Is that normal?
2. Does travel document includes the Work Permit. Wouldn't the Visa on the passport be enough?

Thanks

Reactions: GraceCan and pillow

jc94

Mar 14, 2016

2. Does travel document includes the Work Permit. Wouldn't the Visa on the passport be enough?

Thanks
Congratulations. How do you still have a work permit? Mine was taken off me when I got my signed CoPR. I would take anything like that that you still have.

Believe ECAS takes a bit of time to update (1-3 days); but not sure if it updates at all. Sure someone else will know!

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM

Thanks
You have a work permit and you are applying for Citizenship? Without being PR? How does that work?

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Fellows,
Can you please tell me if the test invite letter comes through mail or through email? I didnot receieve any communication through mail and my email address was wrong with CIC too which I got corrected through telephone call. Now I am afraid if test invite letter comes through mail I may miss it since I didnot receive any communication though mail so far.

My application is in process since March 19.

Thanks
Mine came by email.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I passed test 20/20 and passed interview successfully. Officer said i should wait for Oath letter in 1-2 months. Today status in ECAS changed to decision made. Admin please update my status in spreadsheet. Thank you
Congrats.....any study tips?

garmonia

Nov 28, 2018
Reactions: jc94

SKPAUL77

Dec 1, 2014
pls Update

got test date ..
test letter print on 14th May and letter received on 16th MAY by Post
Test on June 4th
You will not see the status change in the first window. Click on Under process link and you would see an updated status in the next window. Since you got the intimation by mail, you should see your status updated after clicking as explained earlier.

SKPAUL77

Dec 1, 2014
Did you receive an email when they started processing your application? I am asking because I didn't receive any email when they started processing mine and I just found out that it was in process by checking my ECAS so I am wondering if they do not update the ECAS about the test and do not send an email so how can we know that we have this test invitation??
Hi
Please keep checking your ecas and also ensure you click on "In Process" link in the ecas to open the 2nd window. In that you would see the ECAS show the date for exam."

Reactions: Hydi

essiralc14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Manitoba
Hi
Please keep checking your ecas and also ensure you click on "In Process" link in the ecas to open the 2nd window. In that you would see the ECAS show the date for exam."
So your ECAS showed up to #4? Test schedule?
Interesting!
Mine showed up to #3 only which is "We started processing your application blah blah blah..." and I already got test invite.

hms329

Nov 7, 2013
Hi All,

My app was received in Jan 10th, turned into "In Process" on Mar 20th, and received request for fingerprint on Apr 8th and submitted on Apr 26th, but I haven't heard anything since then. I live in Winnipeg.
I am wondering if someone from Jan cohort and was also requested to submit FP has heard anything afterwards?

ksleepwalker

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Hi All,

My app was received in Jan 10th, turned into "In Process" on Mar 20th, and received request for fingerprint on Apr 8th and submitted on Apr 26th, but I haven't heard anything since then. I live in Winnipeg.
I am wondering if someone from Jan cohort and was also requested to submit FP has heard anything afterwards?
Hello,

Similar dates to yours (app received Jan 4th, AoR march, In process April 10th, FP request May 8th.

Please note that the RCMP uses regular mail to deliver results to your visa office. this is in addition to the 3-5 business days it takes for them to process your fingerprints.

I would wait a few more weeks before contacting CIC. You can contact RCMP through this info provided by my fingerprint service provider:

If you or the Citizenship office did not receive the document, you could follow the instruction below to directly track your status with RCMP by email at ccrtis-scictr@rcmp-grc.gc.ca. Please provide:

+Your full name & date of birth

+Date your application was submitted

+Reason for the criminal record check

+A phone number where you can be reached.

+The document control number (DCN) which is on the submission confirmation we gave you.

*** Please allow at least 2 weeks for your document to arrive before contacting the RCMP.

Hope this helps.

justinlei

Feb 1, 2019
Hello,

Similar dates to yours (app received Jan 4th, AoR march, In process April 10th, FP request May 8th.

Please note that the RCMP uses regular mail to deliver results to your visa office. this is in addition to the 3-5 business days it takes for them to process your fingerprints.

I would wait a few more weeks before contacting CIC. You can contact RCMP through this info provided by my fingerprint service provider:

If you or the Citizenship office did not receive the document, you could follow the instruction below to directly track your status with RCMP by email at ccrtis-scictr@rcmp-grc.gc.ca. Please provide:

+Your full name & date of birth

+Date your application was submitted

+Reason for the criminal record check

+A phone number where you can be reached.

+The document control number (DCN) which is on the submission confirmation we gave you.

*** Please allow at least 2 weeks for your document to arrive before contacting the RCMP.

Hope this helps.
I am NOT luck and still waiting.... You may need to wait a few more weeks to contact to CIC. The local office may receive your fingerprint from RCMP but it will take a few more weeks to update it.