+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

sumits

Jul 20, 2015
Congratulations. How do you still have a work permit? Mine was taken off me when I got my signed CoPR. I would take anything like that that you still have.

Believe ECAS takes a bit of time to update (1-3 days); but not sure if it updates at all. Sure someone else will know!
Thanks for the reply. :)
The ECAS did updated sometime between then and now.

garmonia

Nov 28, 2018
Congrats. What is the interview about?
officer checked passports and asked couple of generic questions about job and family. it took 5 mins. But I saw other officer had interview with people for a longer duration. so I think it depends from case to case. We had only 5 days travel to USA 2 times and it was confirmed in passport.

Jan 10, 2019
Hi Guys,

Can you please update my status:

ID: YaShahEJilaniRA
App type: Single
Physical presence days: 1195
App sent: 08.01.2019
App delivered: 10.01.2019
AOR: Feb 28th 2019
In process: March 20th 2019

Sorry guys, couldn't login and update earlier as I got busy in project work

All the best Guys

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hello,

Similar dates to yours (app received Jan 4th, AoR march, In process April 10th, FP request May 8th.

Please note that the RCMP uses regular mail to deliver results to your visa office. this is in addition to the 3-5 business days it takes for them to process your fingerprints.

I would wait a few more weeks before contacting CIC. You can contact RCMP through this info provided by my fingerprint service provider:

If you or the Citizenship office did not receive the document, you could follow the instruction below to directly track your status with RCMP by email at ccrtis-scictr@rcmp-grc.gc.ca. Please provide:

+Your full name & date of birth

+Date your application was submitted

+Reason for the criminal record check

+A phone number where you can be reached.

+The document control number (DCN) which is on the submission confirmation we gave you.

*** Please allow at least 2 weeks for your document to arrive before contacting the RCMP.

Hope this helps.
How do we know if CIC got FP or not? My ECAS still shows communication sent on May 6th and I don’t believe it normally changes until Test invite which is likely more than two weeks!

I was told FP sent to CIC office but have no way to verify this or that they got them and all...

SKPAUL77

Dec 1, 2014
So your ECAS showed up to #4? Test schedule?
Interesting!
Mine showed up to #3 only which is "We started processing your application blah blah blah..." and I already got test invite.
Yes.. Mine has #4 as We sent you a notice on XX, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on XX, 2019 at XX PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

essiralc14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Manitoba
Yes.. Mine has #4 as We sent you a notice on XX, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on XX, 2019 at XX PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
Ok. Thanks.

It means it is not always the same for everybody.
I wonder if it depends on where your paper is being process. I will ask other Winnipeg applicant if they got Test invite update on their ECAS..

brontosky

Dec 18, 2014
Ok. Thanks.

It means it is not always the same for everybody.
I wonder if it depends on where your paper is being process. I will ask other Winnipeg applicant if they got Test invite update on their ECAS..
nothing related to the test schedule in my ecas. It says Decision made after the test, and the last row is that they started processing my application

Reactions: essiralc14

pronto_toronto

May 17, 2019
Hi everybody! New to the the forum.
ID: pronto_toronto
App type: Single
Physical presence days: 1114
App sent: January 21 2019
App delivered: January 23 2019
AOR: March 20 2019
In process: April 17 2019

Hey Admins can you please update the spreadsheet? Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: karthik.andhamil