+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Napre

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-06-2019
My AOR is Jan 27th and I stopped working in Feb when my Work Permit expired in Canada. I'm currently on a visitor status waiting for my results. Do I need to inform the IRCC about this situation? When my Work Permit expired I left the border and re-entered to change my status to visitor immediately. I spoke to the border agents who went into my account to look at my PR application. Do you think they would've added notes that I changed to a visitor status or is it too late to tell them.. it's been so long I don't know if I should
Visitor status is 6months max. I think u may have lost the visitor staus. Why didnt you apply for bowp

kevinlkwong

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Visitor status is 6months max. I think u have lost the visitor staus. When didnt you apply for bowp
My visitor status expires August 18th, and I can apply to extend it. I applied to extend my work permit because I had not received the invitation to apply through the CEC yet. Timings were bad and I couldn't apply to bridge afterwards.

Reactions: ab-ee-pnp

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hi all, need some advice.

Jan 29th AOR. No GU or PPR email yet.
Spoke to IRCC agent - was told criminality passed, security not started, eligibility under review.

I am an Indian citizen living in the US on a H1B visa, which expires this coming week. My company has applied for the extension but it will take couple of weeks / months to get my new I-797.

My question is, should I inform IRCC that my H1B is extended ? If so, what proof should i give and is there a chance it would cause further delay in my file processing ?

If I don't, would this be a red flag or cause for concern by the officer processing my file ?

Thanks!
You don't have to inform them, simply beacuse you are not breaking any immigration regulations by waiting for your I-797 extension. I hope that your PPR will arrive before your US work permit is approved.

Goodluck

Regards

Reactions: rushi.gada

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
They see it. You don't need to inform about this particular status change, new visa or extension. The IRCC folks see it clearly and they will make notes or communicate each other.
I agree, IRCC should know where you stand on the visa status .. it’s their own system and visa..

Stop worrying. Remember, you would have given scanned copies of your passport and current visa etc, so as far as transparency goes, you get full marks

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
My visitor status expires August 18th, and I can apply to extend it. I applied to extend my work permit because I had not received the invitation to apply through the CEC yet. Timings were bad and I couldn't apply to bridge afterwards.
If you can afford to stay in Canada without working and free health insurance .. extending visitor visa is always a good option.. at least there is more control to access information through an inland application

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hello every one,
My aor is 18 jan 2019

I have pass the 6 months deadline mark, and still have not recieved my ppr, So I had mailed them for current status of my application, so they replied me with the below message

"We verified the information you provided regarding the staus of the application and have forwaded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on the application."

At what stage I am in the process?
This status update seems very incomplete .. pls refer to page 375 where I have posted how to email Ralph Goodale
The below strategy worked for me every time :) Wait time will be approx 25 mins. Originally shared by @USProgrammer . Call around 11 PM IST excluding Monday and Friday's. I spoke to IRCC Call agents 4 times, directly got into queue. All kinda questions to IRCC goes to same call agents so, doesn't matter even though we selected family sponsorship, no body is going to ask about it. As soon as the call connects we mention like calling regarding my status for PR and mention the stream details and answer all the security questions.

Phone (from outside of Canada [block caller ID]): 1 613 944 4000

I asked them to tell me specifically the lines I put there (visa office, medical, criminality, security, eligibility) as they have them in their system. Otherwise, they talk in general terms like "background check" like the EE portal does. "Background" = security+criminality, but if you ask specifically, they will tell you.

If you dial the 613 # outside of Canada, you can use these options (wait until it's ready to accept an option): 1 1 1. Then you'll get transferred to IRCC (the same as the 888 # inside Canada and you'll hear a male voice). Then you can use options 2 1 1 0 to get to an operator "fast" (it's the family sponsorship information menu tree but it goes to the same phone operators).

If you follow the tree normally to get info about your application, you'll have to enter your application number, date of birth, and listen to a long read-out of its status before you get to get in a phone queue, and 2/3 the time it will just say "we're too busy. call back later" instead of putting you in a queue.
Also, use the above details to call CIC.. both these things together should give you enough information on what exactly is your current status ..

Don’t worry, it’s normal to go over 6 months these days. We are all on the same page :)

lina_ballerina

May 17, 2018
Could someone lend their analysis to my timeline please? :)

BG since AOR "we are processing..."

Ghost *email* Apr 6

MEP + Bio updated Apr 8th

File moved to Local Office after this (not sure of date)

Ghost update July 31
BG change to "in progress.."

Cant figure out is this ip1 or ip2 or ipnothing?

jjttbb2019

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019

Ghost *email* Apr 6

Ghost update July 31

This is IP1- an indication that your eligibility is started.
You are hopefully soon to see another update and that is going to be IP2.

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018

Ghost *email* Apr 6

Ghost update July 31

Definitely a good sign :) don’t stress much about ip 1 /2 after Biometric they have not much significance.. in coming week u can expect PR .. by the way when u get this update? Today?