+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Uncle_Iroh

Jul 20, 2019
What did you select as your Primary NOC? For qualifying in FSW, did you show a min of 1 year work experience in this NOC and is your reference letter exactly supportive of this?
Do your reference letters accurately support the 6 years of work exp to give you max points under FSW?
Yes and Yes.

Coming to CRS - same question - do your letters accurately support your NOC and did you choose it correctly?(Assuming this is where the issue is)
This is the only area where there can be some disagreement, there's no cookie-cutter equivalence. Hoping to confirm through GCMS notes that this is the issue.

Many, many of us are in the same situation with regards to US/Canada - they way USCIS processes H1 applications is very different from how Canada does it. Just because you never had an RFE means nothing here.
Of course, immigration records with other countries are irrelevant. I'm just remarking how it is interesting that the country demonized by popular opinion for bad immigration experience never hassled me, and the supposedly utopian experience is turning out to be a pain in the ass - at least for this one individual. Statistics are a funny thing.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Yes and Yes.

This is the only area where there can be some disagreement, there's no cookie-cutter equivalence. Hoping to confirm through GCMS notes that this is the issue.

Of course, immigration records with other countries are irrelevant. I'm just remarking how it is interesting that the country demonized by popular opinion for bad immigration experience never hassled me, and the supposedly utopian experience is turning out to be a pain in the ass - at least for this one individual. Statistics are a funny thing.
Sometimes, it is what it is.

Good luck with your application.

ocanadaocanada

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Let's see - I was 29 years old at the time of applying. My IELTS converts to CLB 9. WES educational report says "Master's degree". And I have worked for over 6 years (continuously since 2011 graduations minus one year for master's degree). This alone translates to 24+23+15+12 = 74 FSW points, totally indisputable.

As for CRS, my calculation put me comfortably over the cutoff also. I got reference letters for all of the jobs. NOC is the only thing they could debate or disagree with me. NOC codes don't really have an exact match to job descriptions. I have been data analyst, software engineer, data scientist. So all jobs between NOC codes 2171 to 2174. I don't think one code is "preferred" over the other in their CRS system. So regardless of any debate over NOC misclassifications, work experience should carry the same weightage. Please correct if I'm wrong about this.

For funds I showed over 300,000 USD liquid in various money market and brokerage accounts. It was a royal pain in the ass to put together. If they couldn't understand these documents, they should have asked me through ADR to simplify.

Intention is not to brag but to say that I was comfortably above their cutoffs, whatever they were. I am living in US right now with another year left on the current H1-b visa. My options were to renew that or move to Canada next year with a significant pay cut traded off for more freedom. I applied to express entry because I heard so many good things about Canada and how much better/easier it is than US. In practice, US has never hassled me, not even once. No RFEs for 4 H1-b petitions so far, not even for PERM/I-140. So while not desperate to get this PR sorted out, I have "sunk" a lot of cost+time in it, and want to see this through the end whether it is official refusal or change of mind. Sorry for venting.

Thanks everyone! You have been great and very helpful.
I applied at the age of 29 with CLB 9 + Master + 4 years work with 475 score, and also thought my application should be the easiest one. Single never switched job, have no travel history at all, but still they RR me for POF with a credit card I only use $100-$200 a month, which I attached the year-end statement in the application at first place. They did not ask for ADR and left me in CIO dust but eventually, they picked up my application again this month...

I totally understand your opportunity cost in this but hey they haven't rejected the case yet and maybe you will end up with both US green card and Canda PR at the end, which is a dream of a lot of people here! Good luck with your application!

Reactions: Uncle_Iroh

Luvlyluv

Jul 8, 2019
Hey guy, so I got a ghost update on Oct 9 and I did'nt know what happened so I raised a webform and also emailed Erin Weir. My application has been in CIO Sydney and had RR for Employment verification. I got the following response but I'm not sure what exactly it means.

1) The eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on October 9, 2019.
2) The medical examination results are on file and valid until January 2, 2020. As per notes on file dating from October 10, 2019, the responsible office is reviewing a possible extension of the medical results.
3) The criminality verifications are currently valid.
4) The security verifications are currently valid.

Does this means my eligibility and security is passed?

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Asad H

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Hello everyone,

Finally the wait is over, yesterday I received PPR. Below is my timeline:

12 Dec ITA
04 Feb Aor
19 Mar Medical Passed
04 Apr Biometrics done
07 Oct Ghost update
16 Oct PPR

London VO. I did not receive an email but received PPR as a message in my profile.

lina_ballerina

May 17, 2018
Hello everyone,

Finally the wait is over, yesterday I received PPR. Below is my timeline:

12 Dec ITA
04 Feb Aor
19 Mar Medical Passed
04 Apr Biometrics done
07 Oct Ghost update
16 Oct PPR

London VO. I did not receive an email but received PPR as a message in my profile.
Congrats!!

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
In other topics, anyone know when IRCC shuts down for the year?
The official statement as per Canadian Federal Government is that most departments and ministries will close next Monday for the election. There is no official word as to weither this shutdown will extend beyond Monday.

Reactions: lina_ballerina

lina_ballerina

May 17, 2018
The official statement as per Canadian Federal Government is that most departments and ministries will close next Monday for the election. There is no official word as to weither this shutdown will extend beyond Monday.
Oh dear. What about government offices closing for December?