Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Finally got the email yesterday!

AOR - 29th Jan
VO - infamous Sydney Nova Scotia
Ready for visa email - 16th Oct
Indian citizen - US resident.
Have to send passport to Ottawa for COPR

No Adrs. Never ordered notes. The wait has been long and tough. I had almost accepted that I was going to get some form of ADR or something to request clarifications. I called IRCC almost every 15 days. I always got the same answer - I.e. your application is being processed, everything looks fine but we need more time.

This group has been a tremendous mode of support to me. Appreciate everyone sharing their views, perspectives and providing hope to those who are waiting. Hope everyone gets gets it soon,
Congratulations. It is always great to see someone getting PR from CIO Sydney

Reactions: SKSV and PrasadK

IELTSvictim

Nov 1, 2018
After having given up all hope, finally got the Ready for Visa email yesterday…
AOR : 25th JAN , FSW-O
VO - Sydney, Nova Scotia
Medicals passed : 7th March
Biometrics : 12th march
Stuck in IP1 till Oct 11th.
Oct 11th - GU for IP2 ("we are processing your background check") & PPR received on same day

In the meanwhile -
July 24th - Wrote to Ralph Goodale's office (6 months after AOR and receiving no updates)
Was told "Eligibility NOT MET" due to work experience. But file is still open. Also, Criminality, background checks, nothing had been initiated.
From July 25th onwards called up IRCC agents almost every week/ once every 10 days till Sep 15th and one nice agent told me that the reason for not meeting eligibility was "insufficient proof for one year continuous work experience in primary NOC". I was expecting this as I am a freelancer who has worked with multiple employers with many overlaps between projects. I guess my work history was not easy for them to understand as it consisted of over 20 work reference letters over 3 years for several long term and short term projects. However, I did meet the continuous one year requirement for a certain period which I clearly mentioned in an LoE. Also, I have a solid work profile and there is enough press on my achievements online.
July 25th - Oct 8th - Sent 5 CSEs with LoEs attached between this period, trying to explain my case clearly, provide a simplified version of my work experience and doing the best I could to prove that I do indeed fulfil the eligibility criteria because I have one year of full-time continuous work experience in my primary NOC.
July 26th - Ordered 1st GCMS notes. Received after 60 days on Oct 1st.
Oct 3rd - Ordered 2nd GCMS Notes. Waiting to receive.
Finally got the PPR when I least expected it to come. I really thought I was in for a long wait or even a refusal.
Just wanted to share my experience here.

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
VO - Sydney, Nova Scotia
Oct 11th - GU for IP2 ("we are processing your background check") & PPR received on same day

In the meanwhile -
July 24th - Wrote to Ralph Goodale's office (6 months after AOR and receiving no updates)
Was told "Eligibility NOT MET" due to work experience. But file is still open. Also, Criminality, background checks, nothing had been initiated.
From July 25th onwards called up IRCC agents almost every week/ once every 10 days till Sep 15th and one nice agent told me that the reason for not meeting eligibility was "insufficient proof for one year continuous work experience in primary NOC". I was expecting this as I am a freelancer who has worked with multiple employers with many overlaps between projects. I guess my work history was not easy for them to understand as it consisted of over 20 work reference letters over 3 years for several long term and short term projects. However, I did meet the continuous one year requirement for a certain period which I clearly mentioned in an LoE. Also, I have a solid work profile and there is enough press on my achievements online.
July 25th - Oct 8th - Sent 5 CSEs with LoEs attached between this period, trying to explain my case clearly, provide a simplified version of my work experience and doing the best I could to prove that I do indeed fulfil the eligibility criteria because I have one year of full-time continuous work experience in my primary NOC.
Finally got the PPR when I least expected it to come. I really thought I was in for a long wait or even a refusal.
Thank you.. so encouraging! Congrats! My file is at the same office, same situation, AOR 2 days away from yours.. were you assigned to CB01126 as well (as per GCMS)?

Last edited:

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
VO - Sydney, Nova Scotia

In the meanwhile -
Congratulations. All the best . Good to read your motivating story .

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hello everyone i was a silent reader from few months
My aor is 15 jan after medical pass in march i did not get any update but yesterday we got adr of employment letters of all work we submit all when we applied what can be reason ..
Review your last experience letter you submitted and compare the job duties to NOC code you selected. Try to include more details this time . Check if paystubs , tax return or joining letter/relieving letter was missing last time. You can add that information to make stronger experience letter. Rest please wait for experts to comment here.

By the way which is your visa office ?

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Amanpreet 123

Oct 17, 2019
Review your last experience letter you submitted and compare the job duties to NOC code you selected. Try to include more details this time . Check if paystubs , tax return or joining letter/relieving letter was missing last time. You can add that information to make stronger experience letter. Rest please wait for experts to comment here.

By the way which is your visa office ?
Actully i m cec inland applicant my vo is ottawa and i have experince of one year of cook in canada and i have 3 year of experince of teacher in institute in india ..actully my father in law was managing director of institute and he is no more with us ..

Piyushagr21

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney & CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
Med's Done....
12-03-2019
Hello everyone, i got the remedial request today morning as my medicals are valid till 14th Dec. Received IMM1017E and it says to complete the medical assessments within next 30 days.
Is there anything else i need to know?

Kcanada0119

Jul 29, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
Hi Guys, I got another ghost update today.
Earlier I got a ghost update on Oct 9 so emailed Erin W and he told me that my eligibility is finally complete and my application is waiting for the medical officer for "The medical examination results are on file and valid until January 2, 2020. As per notes on file dating from October 10, 2019, the responsible office is reviewing a possible extension of the medical results",
Today I got a ghost update and my medical result changed from "February 27, 2019 You passed the medical exam." to "October 17, 2019 You passed the medical exam."

sokile

Aug 16, 2019
Guys, could anybody give more details about Erin Weir(erin.weir.c1b@parl.gc.ca). Is the process of requesting information about application processing the same as for Ralph?

If I mailed Ralph 2.5 month ago can I just write Erin or I need to wait another 2 weeks?