yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hey,

Usually how long does it take for Re-medical results to be updated?
It usually means that your file is approved in principle and they just need the medical results to finalize it and issue you a passport request.

Regards

AKINYEMZY

Oct 10, 2019
LAGOS NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-01-2019
AOR Received.
10-01-2019
Congratulations Akin... What month did you do your first medicals and when was it supposed to expire?
I had my First Medical 28/11/2018, and therefore should expire November ending 2019.

Tom0712

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Please don't wait for a rejection... That's a terrible approach. Appeals usually go in the applicant's favor only when IRCC clearly made an error.
When I found out about my eligibility not met situation and ordered GCMS notes, I found out that was the status for THREE MONTHS and I still hadn't received any rejection. At least find out what's wrong and try to get your application corrected..

Webforms not working is also a terrible excuse. It works for everyone else.. figure out what you're doing wrong. Be proactive here and good things will happen!
From my understanding (and I might be wrong), they're legally obligated to consider all follow up communication as part of the application, although it does indeed come down to the individual officer's mood..
PrasadK is quite right here
1. Who says webform does not work? I have sent my inquiries 3 times by webform: add work permit in canada, change address, and US visa refusal and IT WORKED. Just send the webform, they will send you the receipt of receiving. Keep that for yourself and after two weeks if you don't have an confirmation from an agent that the document you submitted has been transferred to the visa office processing your case, call cic hotline.

2. And, don't wait for the refusal, order GMCS notes to find out why and act accordingly to it

WunmiofLagos

Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
PrasadK is quite right here
1. Who says webform does not work? I have sent my inquiries 3 times by webform: add work permit in canada, change address, and US visa refusal and IT WORKED. Just send the webform, they will send you the receipt of receiving. Keep that for yourself and after two weeks if you don't have an confirmation from an agent that the document you submitted has been transferred to the visa office processing your case, call cic hotline.

2. And, don't wait for the refusal, order GMCS notes to find out why and act accordingly to it
I think he means the webform link from mycic account (where you see your estimated processing timeline). That link doesn't work but if he navigates the cic website, he'll find a webform link that actually works.
@Uncle_Iroh you can also use this link below
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.241344459.873947521.1399486767

WunmiofLagos

Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
Please can anyone in Canada call IRCC? I just tried calling with dingtone but it says they are closed or something like that.

Emma 2019

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
Tunisia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-01-2019
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
I think he means the webform link from mycic account (where you see your estimated processing timeline). That link doesn't work but if he navigates the cic website, he'll find a webform link that actually works.
@Uncle_Iroh you can also use this link below
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.241344459.873947521.1399486767
change the langage of your navigation into french and try to click on link, it would work

Reactions: Uncle_Iroh

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Thanks. What is their appeals process like? Hire your own legal representation or DIY?

I think I’ll wait for an official rejection before any such step (and GCMS notes to diagnose the refusal). But if the appeals process helps with the diagnostics, and isn’t as expensive as reapplying, I might do that in parallel.
You can hire your own legal rep but like others have said - don't go that far!

Order GCMS and try to figure out what's wrong with your application. Many people have their application approved even after eligibility not met.

PM me if you want to discuss anything sensitive offline or if you need to revalidate your ref letters.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrasadK

Kcanada0119

Jul 29, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
Hey guy, so I got a ghost update on Oct 9 and I did'nt know what happened so I raised a webform and also emailed Erin Weir. My application has been in CIO Sydney and had RR for Employment verification. I got the following response but I'm not sure what exactly it means.

1) The eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on October 9, 2019.
2) The medical examination results are on file and valid until January 2, 2020. As per notes on file dating from October 10, 2019, the responsible office is reviewing a possible extension of the medical results.
3) The criminality verifications are currently valid.
4) The security verifications are currently valid.

Does this means my eligibility and security is passed?

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hey guy, so I got a ghost update on Oct 9 and I did'nt know what happened so I raised a webform and also emailed Erin Weir. My application has been in CIO Sydney and had RR for Employment verification. I got the following response but I'm not sure what exactly it means.

1) The eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on October 9, 2019.
2) The medical examination results are on file and valid until January 2, 2020. As per notes on file dating from October 10, 2019, the responsible office is reviewing a possible extension of the medical results.
3) The criminality verifications are currently valid.
4) The security verifications are currently valid.

Does this means my eligibility and security is passed?
Yes it seems everything is passed. Either you will get PPR email soon or re-medical request followed by PPR email.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Uncle_Iroh

Jul 20, 2019
Eligibility has multiple aspects. When they check your eligibility, they are actually evaluating you based on:
1. Min Entry Criteria - this is gfor you to score 67 pts in the FSW grid
2. CRS score validation.

Go through your application one more time to see if there is anything there that doesn't fit the above. Check education, workex, funds - everything.
There have also been people who were told the wrong thing by CIC/Ralph.

USe the webform link to confirm or call again later to double confirm.
Let's see - I was 29 years old at the time of applying. My IELTS converts to CLB 9. WES educational report says "Master's degree". And I have worked for over 6 years (continuously since 2011 graduations minus one year for master's degree). This alone translates to 24+23+15+12 = 74 FSW points, totally indisputable.

As for CRS, my calculation put me comfortably over the cutoff also. I got reference letters for all of the jobs. NOC is the only thing they could debate or disagree with me. NOC codes don't really have an exact match to job descriptions. I have been data analyst, software engineer, data scientist. So all jobs between NOC codes 2171 to 2174. I don't think one code is "preferred" over the other in their CRS system. So regardless of any debate over NOC misclassifications, work experience should carry the same weightage. Please correct if I'm wrong about this.

For funds I showed over 300,000 USD liquid in various money market and brokerage accounts. It was a royal pain in the ass to put together. If they couldn't understand these documents, they should have asked me through ADR to simplify.

Intention is not to brag but to say that I was comfortably above their cutoffs, whatever they were. I am living in US right now with another year left on the current H1-b visa. My options were to renew that or move to Canada next year with a significant pay cut traded off for more freedom. I applied to express entry because I heard so many good things about Canada and how much better/easier it is than US. In practice, US has never hassled me, not even once. No RFEs for 4 H1-b petitions so far, not even for PERM/I-140. So while not desperate to get this PR sorted out, I have "sunk" a lot of cost+time in it, and want to see this through the end whether it is official refusal or change of mind. Sorry for venting.

Thanks everyone! You have been great and very helpful.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Let's see - I was 29 years old at the time of applying. My IELTS converts to CLB 9. WES educational report says "Master's degree". And I have worked for over 6 years (continuously since 2011 graduations minus one year for master's degree). This alone translates to 24+23+15+12 = 74 FSW points, totally indisputable.

As for CRS, my calculation put me comfortably over the cutoff also. I got reference letters for all of the jobs. NOC is the only thing they could debate or disagree with me. NOC codes don't really have an exact match to job descriptions. I have been data analyst, software engineer, data scientist. So all jobs between NOC codes 2171 to 2174. I don't think one code is "preferred" over the other in their CRS system. So regardless of any debate over NOC misclassifications, work experience should carry the same weightage. Please correct if I'm wrong about this.

For funds I showed over 300,000 USD liquid in various money market and brokerage accounts. It was a royal pain in the ass to put together. If they couldn't understand these documents, they should have asked me through ADR to simplify.

Intention is not to brag but to say that I was comfortably above their cutoffs, whatever they were. I am living in US right now with another year left on the current H1-b visa. My options were to renew that or move to Canada next year with a significant pay cut traded off for more freedom. I applied to express entry because I heard so many good things about Canada and how much better/easier it is than US. In practice, US has never hassled me, not even once. No RFEs for 4 H1-b petitions so far, not even for PERM/I-140. So while not desperate to get this PR sorted out, I have "sunk" a lot of cost+time in it, and want to see this through the end whether it is official refusal or change of mind. Sorry for venting.

Thanks everyone! You have been great and very helpful.
No one is questioning your experience or assets, or your abilities. When an officer looks at your application, they are going to evaluate it based on the very specific criteria they have. They don't care about where you're from or what you've done.

You say you have different work experience and different NOCs - they all have the same weightage that's true enough but what you wrote on your application is important.

What did you select as your Primary NOC? For qualifying in FSW, did you show a min of 1 year work experience in this NOC and is your reference letter exactly supportive of this?

Do your reference letters accurately support the 6 years of work exp to give you max points under FSW?

Coming to CRS - same question - do your letters accurately support your NOC and did you choose it correctly?(Assuming this is where the issue is)

It's super nice to have $300k - and it's ok to double check that you've showed it in accounts accessible to you. Well, atleast $13k atleast (assuming you're applying alone)

Many, many of us are in the same situation with regards to US/Canada - they way USCIS processes H1 applications is very different from how Canada does it. Just because you never had an RFE means nothing here.

No matter how "cool" you think Canada is or how easy their process seems, they have some criteria that you should meet - if you didn't meet it for whatever (silly) reason, and you have an option to correct it - you should.

Reactions: Uncle_Iroh