21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Hey,
Congratulations.. btw what does GU stands for.

Thanks
Ghost update = “Application updated” shown on account’s status, but nothing is actually changed when you open the profile.

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Bas ek "PPR" ke intezaar mein saari raat guzar jaayegi,
ab toh uljhan hain saath mere neend kaha aayegi,
Subah ki pehli kiran na jaane kaunsa sandes laayegi,
"GOLDEN EMAIL" si gungunaegi ya "PPR" ki pyaas adhuri reh jaayegi!

Sorry for the regional language folks I just mean the wait for PPR every single night is agonizing.

I wish this new week brings "PPR" flood.

I wish all the best to everyone waiting.

@rushi.gada so so so so happy for you literally.

All the best for your new life in Canada!

syedzafferullah

Jun 12, 2017
Hi everyone who is waiting,
I am August 2018 applicant, I just received PPR after a year. I would suggest stay patient and stay busy, it will come in time. I have seen more cases taking > 6 months,especially if you have a ADR. It will come, if you meet all requirements.
Congratulations, well deserved
Can you please let me know what ADR s did you get and other details like stream and country

RC...!!!

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Bas ek "PPR" ke intezaar mein saari raat guzar jaayegi,
ab toh uljhan hain saath mere neend kaha aayegi,
Subah ki pehli kiran na jaane kaunsa sandes laayegi,
"GOLDEN EMAIL" si gungunaegi ya "PPR" ki pyaas adhuri reh jaayegi!

Sorry for the regional language folks I just mean the wait for PPR every single night is agonizing.

I wish this new week brings "PPR" flood.

I wish all the best to everyone waiting.

@rushi.gada so so so so happy for you literally.

All the best for your new life in Canada!
Haha.. Ghajini 2 :cool: well said Bunny. We all feel the same everyday. Really praying hard to receive PPR this week. May God shower his kindness in the form of PPR on everyone anxiously awaiting.

Anusha1990

Jul 23, 2019
Hey guys!

I have a situation. I am Jan 26 AOR and still no updates on my PPR. My brother lives in Canada and I have an important family function to attend in Canada in mid September. I obviously thought that I would get my PR mail by mid August and would accordingly book tickets and leave for Canada asap but god had different plans for me. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I have a visitor visa.
So after I get the passport request, can I submit my passport inside Canada for PR visa stamping? Is that possible?
Or do I have to leave and re-enter again in Canada for PR entry.

Let me know! Thanks!

lina_ballerina

May 17, 2018
Hey guys!

I have a situation. I am Jan 26 AOR and still no updates on my PPR. My brother lives in Canada and I have an important family function to attend in Canada in mid September. I obviously thought that I would get my PR mail by mid August and would accordingly book tickets and leave for Canada asap but god had different plans for me. :rolleyes:
So after I get the passport request, can I submit my passport inside Canada for PR visa stamping? Is that possible?

Let me know! Thanks!
I could be wrong but I believe you can only get stamped in your country of residency. You should call and ask.

Reactions: Anusha1990

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Guys, our shepard @rushi.gada has moved on... So I'd like to chime in instead, and wish everyone a happy progressive week! May it rain PPRs !!
I came to notice that you got a similar AOR to me but with different office ( CPC-Ottawa) in my case.

Since Sydney candidates are known to have more ghost updates than Ottawa (which normally don't have any updates in the online account till a PPR is immanent), how many have you got so far and what is the status of your eligibility and background thus far ?

Regards

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
I came to notice that you got a similar AOR to me but with different office ( CPC-Ottawa) in my case.

Since Sydney candidates are known to have more ghost updates than Ottawa (which normally don't have any updates in the online account till a PPR is immanent), how many have you got so far and what is the status of your eligibility and background thus far ?

Regards
I didn't know the concept of ghost updates till I found this forum, but in hindsight, I remember getting at least one, maybe two. My eligibility is problematic because I picked the wrong NOC code (but I've followed up with a LOE using the webform) even though my CRS is already calculated to be above the cutoff so if they accept the NOC code change then I'm eligible, criminality passed, security not started and info sharing in progress (as of the GCMS notes ordered on July 8th)

Last edited:

rajat20786

Jul 21, 2017
Hi All,
Had been trying to contact CIC and after 8-10 mins wait they say no agents are free at the moment.
Is there an other contact no.??? I am dialing +1 613 960 1000, +1 613 944 4000, +1 888 242 2100
Please suggest.

hossaina

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hey brother @vinayk

I vaguely remember you sending a reminder and it worked for you.

What are your thoughts on agent sending a reminder to the concerned office does that will have the decision sooner.

I am a CEC Inland AOR 1st Feb 2019 with Criminality : In progress
Security & Eligibility : Not Started

I completed 6 months on 1st August 2019 and the reminder was sent on 21st August 2019.

I called back on 22nd August 2019 just to double check whether the agent really sent a reminder and the other agent confirmed yes the reminder was sent as discussed and the best part Montreal office replied as well saying file is open and in progress and is waiting for the officer to be assigned.

Can I expect a Golden Email coming week?

Phewww.

I would appreciate your reply on this brother.

Thanks!
May I know what is ur Background Status showing:- Is it showing "your application is in progress" or "We are processing your Background check"

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

hossaina

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
Brother,

My file is at Montreal but no progress.

AOR : 1st Feb, 2019
Category : CEC Inland
Criminality : In Progress
Security : Not Started
Eligibility : Not Started

Reminder sent by an agent on 21st August to which they replied saying Case Officer will be assigned soon for my application.

So in short they are saying its still in progress but said looks positive and no review or red flags.

I will hear from them soon.

Hope we all get PPR soon!

Cheers!
May I know what is ur Background status showing?? Is it showing "your application is in progress" or "we are processing ur background check"

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
I didn't know the concept of ghost updates till I found this forum, but in hindsight, I remember getting at least one, maybe two. My eligibility is problematic because I picked the wrong NOC code (but I've followed up with a LOE using the webform) even though my CRS is already calculated to be above the cutoff so if they accept the NOC code change then I'm eligible, criminality passed, security not started and info sharing in progress (as of the GCMS notes ordered on July 8th)
Did you call to follow up on the eligibility assessment?

Regards

kum152007

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Hey guys!

Let me know! Thanks!
how long you plan to stay there? , it depends , if you feel that your PPR will come during that time then u need to raise a webform and give change of address , phone etc. . Hope your tile is still in canada and not in your home country