+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

CaCal

Jul 9, 2019
So the most appalling thing happened.
As of last Friday, 3 hours before the close time my security and eligibility had not started. The IRCC agent sent a reminder.
Today after 2 hours from open time my file is in queue for review required by an officer.
Did they even open my file or just straight to senior officer as the times up and the first officer couldn't be bothered. My file is super easy to understand unless she just gave it away. I am so sure nothing was done on it.
BTW How much time this review? Indefinite?
Anyone experienced with the same?should I call and ask them?
Please advice
Thanks

Dhanoa32

May 9, 2019
Just called call centre the information they provided was very basic .she said they doing background check Nd also police certificates . Everything looks good, your file is on track if everything goes same you will hear something by 24 October.
Timeline
Aor -23 April
MED- 3/4 June
Cec stream
Any comments like Wht stage is this ? Please and thanks

darth_wader_12180

Aug 29, 2018
How does one raise webform (or CSE, as some call it, if I am not wrong)? Can I ask them status of my app using webform? Also can I ask them to send a reminder to whoever is working on my file using webform?

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Did you call to follow up on the eligibility assessment?

Regards
Yes, they always give me the standard 'eligibility in progress, don't need anything from you right now' crap

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
How does one raise webform (or CSE, as some call it, if I am not wrong)? Can I ask them status of my app using webform? Also can I ask them to send a reminder to whoever is working on my file using webform?
Try this link below otherwise in IRCC website, under Help Center you can search for Case Specific Inquiry. In results one of the option is to submit one. It will ask to submit Application number and other file details, so that it is specific to case.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Mostly you will get generic replies after a week or more than that. But no harm in submitting one and asking them to send a reminder.

Reactions: darth_wader_12180

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hey guys!

I have a situation. I am Jan 26 AOR and still no updates on my PPR. My brother lives in Canada and I have an important family function to attend in Canada in mid September. I obviously thought that I would get my PR mail by mid August and would accordingly book tickets and leave for Canada asap but god had different plans for me. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I have a visitor visa.
So after I get the passport request, can I submit my passport inside Canada for PR visa stamping? Is that possible?
Or do I have to leave and re-enter again in Canada for PR entry.

Let me know! Thanks!
Stick to getting it stamped in home country. As application would have been processed there only

Reactions: Anusha1990

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Dear All,

I just came to know about this forum and how helpful it can be. I am quite amazed by it. So I am writing this to get some advice from you guys.

I got invitation to apply on 21st dec,2018 and i applied my file on 21st january,2019. My medical passed on 22nd january 2019. That was my last update.

Today is 23 august,2019 and there is no update. It still shows we are reviewing your eligibility same as of january 21.I called them few days back and the agent said he will pass on he message to the officer.
And today when i called again, the another agent said the officer needs more time to evaluate and there is no update. It still under review. Everything is left from pcc to background. They also said it seems we dont need extra doc right now.

So what does this mean ? Since 7 months they havent started the file?

Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated.
Please guys i really need it as i am getting tensed.
You are not alone. There are so many such people. As mentioned, get GCMS notes and see the update. It takes at least 31 days to get GCMS notes even.

Everyone is waiting for updates on files and the process is not transparent. Best way is gettign GCMS to really see if there is any update. Most of the cases files were last touched in March-April timelines when Analyst did initial assessment. After that they are in officer's queue for updates!

Reactions: kzeed12

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Nope...cannot send the reminder! You can ask the status but you would get same reply. Best update is using GCMS notes but that is a month delayed. even in that if you see the GCMS notes will almost be prep in 2-3 days after your request but it takes a month to be sent to you! So the information you get is really stale!

Reactions: darth_wader_12180

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
Ideally, IRCC should update the PR processing time which is more reflective of the reality. Based on the forums I see 6 month is not the time which they have completed 80% of the applications.

That will at least give people some less anxiety.
I think they process 80% of the files whose deadline is approaching and just move on to the following month's 80%, leaving 20% in the dust somewhere.

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
Does anybody have an idea of how long it takes for security to clear?
I called an agent and she said they're waiting for a "3rd party" to send the security results, and it's been about 3 weeks since that happened

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Official 7 months since AOR. At this moment maybe I should just withdraw my application and reapply again to see if my case will be picked up by someone sooner next time.
New application means you go to the beginning of the queue and might need to do medicals again.

Can you submit a new application under a new account if there is an existing application? Do mention there that there is an existing application. Start the process, maybe get the ITA and wait till almost the deadline before you apply! I don't think there is much benefit but God knows!

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Does anybody have an idea of how long it takes for security to clear?
I called an agent and she said they're waiting for a "3rd party" to send the security results, and it's been about 3 weeks since that happened
Nice! that means you are most likely at the last step. All the best.

Reactions: kzeed12

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
Nice! that means you are most likely at the last step. All the best.
Unfortunately, no.
She said, "eligibility and security hasn't started, but we're waiting on a '3rd party' to give us the results of security."
I guess they don't consider security check to have begun unless they get the results.
I've been on this status since beginning of August, so I was wondering how long it takes for it to get done.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Unfortunately, no.
She said, "eligibility and security hasn't started, but we're waiting on a '3rd party' to give us the results of security."
I guess they don't consider security check to have begun unless they get the results.
I've been on this status since beginning of August, so I was wondering how long it takes for it to get done.
That sounds odd that your eligibility has not started because of security. Because for others in the forum had to wait for security at last while eligibility and other items were completed!