+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hello
I called CIC today. They said my eligibility is review required from July. But there is nothing required from me at this point of time. My visa office is Nova Scotia. Criminality being processed and security not started.
My employer didn't gave me reference letter and i provided other documents to prove my employment.
Note* (One of my friend from the same company did the same, aor Jan 18 2019 and got ppr July 30 2019)
My AOR JAN 23 2019. MED PASSED MAR 5 2019.
Is there anything to worry for?
Anyone with such experience please help.
Thanks
This situation is not uncommon and we are quick to jump to worse conclusions.. take a minute and evaluate.. what documents could you give? Reference letter isn’t the only thing, appointment letter, confirmation letter, all salary slips, client testimonial emails, ex work colleagues still working in the old office could also give a reference only if they still work there, preferably someone you reported to or senior to your last designation..make the arrangements

Coming to the RR.. until and unless, you get an official communication from CIC, it’s not all over. Read my post above to understand what it means. Give it some time and don’t worry

ihthisham.mubarak

Jun 12, 2019
This is good.
Criminality and security are part of background checks

Eligibility later looks at the CRS score tally and it’s verification..

I wouldn’t worry much.. call CIC is 2 weeks again and look out for emails or Ghost updates :)

Cheers
Hi thanks

Eligibility verification do you mean my wes, ielts, work experience and proof of funds?

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
Before you jump to the worse conclusions.. please call CIC for a more solid update,. Order your GCMS notes asap.

Please note, First level of verification is done by novice temporary employees. The main visa officer will check your file again and he/she decides whether or not you meet the eligibility.. review your file personally and send in supporting documents for any thing you feel could possible give case officer a reasonable doubt.

The more people you ask, the more tensed u will get. Do the above before everything else :)

I am sure it’s nothing
Too good @rushi.gada .. best reply to RR posts ... though at one point of time it shook us but if that is the case we should confirm from call centre and review our ourself so that we can locate any discrepancies else ask @legalfalcon once for better insight. Sharing my experience I wasted my full one month continuously thinking what to answer in statutory question” have ever you got any visa refusal “ actually my mom had Canada visa refusal back in 2011 but I was minor and dependant. It was refused because of eligibility problem. I googled everything , asked many on this forum and finally answered NO . Then suddenly one hero member was answering someone that he need to mention his parents refusal too . Otherwise it’s misrepresentation. Omg it gave me sleepless nights . Many famous ppl on this forum asked me to order notes just after applying.. one was kinda rude (who cares) then I asked legalfalcon. His explanation was to the point and legal . Then I searched all case law he mentioned .. imagine .. best is to seek advice , confirm then coming to any conclusion ( (sorry for TMI)

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hello,

Anyone here whose file is at Montreal visa office and got any update...?

It seems empty building, only paperwork goes there and nothing come out...

AOR 22 Jan and waiting...
Hey there,

I am from Montreal Office.

Category : CEC Inland
AOR : 1st February, 2019
Criminality : In Progress
Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started

Not sure what they are upto but when called CIC today they said to wait till 21st August and then call back so they can send a reminder to the case officer.

Wish everyone gets PPR soon!

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Too good @rushi.gada .. best reply to RR posts ... though at one point of time it shook us but if that is the case we should confirm from call centre and review our ourself so that we can locate any discrepancies else ask @legalfalcon once for better insight. Sharing my experience I wasted my full one month continuously thinking what to answer in statutory question” have ever you got any visa refusal “ actually my mom had Canada visa refusal back in 2011 but I was minor and dependant. It was refused because of eligibility problem. I googled everything , asked many on this forum and finally answered NO . Then suddenly one hero member was answering someone that he need to mention his parents refusal too . Otherwise it’s misrepresentation. Omg it gave me sleepless nights . Many famous ppl on this forum asked me to order notes just after applying.. one was kinda rude (who cares) then I asked legalfalcon. His explanation was to the point and legal . Then I searched all case law he mentioned .. imagine .. best is to seek advice , confirm then coming to any conclusion ( (sorry for TMI)
Thanks buddy. It’s not TMI, our forum is build with experience sharing and people like you who take out the time matter the most!

Thanks for sharing your learning’s. I have learnt something new too.

But as a little addition to your point, when In doubt, best to come honest and clean.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hey there,

I am from Montreal Office.

Category : CEC Inland
AOR : 1st February, 2019
Criminality : In Progress
Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started

Not sure what they are upto but when called CIC today they said to wait till 21st August and then call back so they can send a reminder to the case officer.

Wish everyone gets PPR soon!
Two more weeks isn’t that bad buddy, live your life and let this process move on at its pace.

Sadly we cannot control anything .. but we can track.. keep calling for GCMS notes every 30 days to be updated is my advice

SohamReddy

Mar 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
19-01-2019
200 days and counting since AOR January 18,2019. Rceived following mail in response to my query from CPC-CTD-Ottawa:
"
Good day,
Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Regards,
Stéphanie
"
Earlier received status as security and eligibility check not started, criminality passed by raising webform.
Same here still waiting my AOR is 18th Jan :(. This wait is getting frustrating day by day

Reactions: Humayra

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
Thanks buddy. It’s not TMI, our forum is build with experience sharing and people like you who take out the time matter the most!

Thanks for sharing your learning’s. I have learnt something new too.

But as a little addition to your point, when In doubt, best to come honest and clean.
Cheers to you friend ... exactly we cannot hide anything from ircc . If refusal of my mom was significant to my PR case today I would have mentioned without any doubt... but I was minor dependent.. I left no stone unturned.. even read definitions of dependent and PA on cic site lol . That time passed . Thanks to legalfalcon. Now waiting for mail . What is your next step buddy? Any plan to call cic ? After GU there should be PR for u now.. will pray we all get through this soon xx :)

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
So two nights in a row I dreamt of getting the PPR golden email.. extremely surreal! I still have the image of an email I've never even seen in my mind. And then I suddenly wake up to face the extreme disappointment. How messed up (and incredible at the same time)!

Last edited:

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Cheers to you friend ... exactly we cannot hide anything from ircc . If refusal of my mom was significant to my PR case today I would have mentioned without any doubt... but I was minor dependent.. I left no stone unturned.. even read definitions of dependent and PA on cic site lol . That time passed . Thanks to legalfalcon. Now waiting for mail . What is your next step buddy? Any plan to call cic ? After GU there should be PR for u now.. will pray we all get through this soon xx :)
I am going to hold back any further contact until I get another GU or until the end of August with a hope that my GCMS notes also come in by then!