+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

FormaggioVolante

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Brazil
The response email I just got from Mr.Goodale (I sent him on August 3):

It is at the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton.

Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications are completed within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Criminality passed.

Eligibility was not met.

Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Jan 2020.
In my case, I came to know my eligibility “failed/not passed” as the words used by two agents I talked to on July 24.
Do you happen to know what might have caused your eligibility to be not met?

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Do you happen to know what might have caused your eligibility to be not met?
No, since I haven’t received my first notes ordered on June 12. And neither call agents or MP could answer me what the cause is. I only did submit 2 new LOE from my company and myself to explain more about the only part it might have confusion to the officer. But without notes, I couldn’t confirm my suspect and following action are right or not.

Reactions: PrasadK

ramandeep1780

Jan 5, 2019
Hello
I called CIC today. They said my eligibility is review required from July. But there is nothing required from me at this point of time. My visa office is Nova Scotia. Criminality being processed and security not started.
My employer didn't gave me reference letter and i provided other documents to prove my employment.
Note* (One of my friend from the same company did the same, aor Jan 18 2019 and got ppr July 30 2019)
My AOR JAN 23 2019. MED PASSED MAR 5 2019.
Is there anything to worry for?
Anyone with such experience please help.
Thanks

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
For all new joiners of this forum, reposting your options when your application is not moving forward and world seems unfair :) lol .. for people who already know these things, REPEAT :)

1. Start by taking control of your account incase you are running it through an agent. This way you could check your account yourself when you want.

2. Call CIC between 8am to 5pm Mon to Friday Canada time and ask for an update (free calls can be made to them using google hangouts app but only if you have uninterrupted and strong internet. Please expect a wait time of 15-30mins - REFER TO THIS PAGE 413 For the contact number) ask straight for status on Criminality, eligibility and security. Also, the visa centre where your file is being processed.

3.Email Ralph Goodale’s office (Email between Mon -Thurs during Canada working hours - revert should come the same day) draft pasted on page 375 by me :)

4. Order for your GCMS notes ( ask your agent to do this, cost will be 5CAD if ordered officially but you will need to know someone in Canada to or be based in Canada - timeline 30-60days) or you can also order from anywhere in the world from a website called getgcms.com for ₹1000INR OR $15 USD- same timelines

5. Raise a WEB QUERY ( ask your agent to do this or do it yourself - timeline for revert upto 10 working days)

People could start some of these steps much earlier then waiting till the end of 6 months

ABOVE ALL...Do not worry, you are not alone and it’s very temporary.. sooner or later your file will get cleared.

Ask your questions here and share the details of CIC reverts with us if you want us to explain. There are many who will be happy to help

Good luck and pls stay positive :)
Are there any benefits in emailing Ralph? I mean we can find the same details from the call center

Humayra

Jul 19, 2019
Bangladesh
200 days and counting since AOR January 18,2019. Rceived following mail in response to my query from CPC-CTD-Ottawa:
"
Good day,
Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Regards,
Stéphanie
"
Earlier received status as security and eligibility check not started, criminality passed by raising webform.

Reactions: vinayk

ginni14376

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
For all new joiners of this forum, reposting your options when your application is not moving forward and world seems unfair :) lol .. for people who already know these things, REPEAT :)

1. Start by taking control of your account incase you are running it through an agent. This way you could check your account yourself when you want.

2. Call CIC between 8am to 5pm Mon to Friday Canada time and ask for an update (free calls can be made to them using google hangouts app but only if you have uninterrupted and strong internet. Please expect a wait time of 15-30mins - REFER TO THIS PAGE 413 For the contact number) ask straight for status on Criminality, eligibility and security. Also, the visa centre where your file is being processed.

3.Email Ralph Goodale’s office (Email between Mon -Thurs during Canada working hours - revert should come the same day) draft pasted on page 375 by me :)

4. Order for your GCMS notes ( ask your agent to do this, cost will be 5CAD if ordered officially but you will need to know someone in Canada to or be based in Canada - timeline 30-60days) or you can also order from anywhere in the world from a website called getgcms.com for ₹1000INR OR $15 USD- same timelines

5. Raise a WEB QUERY ( ask your agent to do this or do it yourself - timeline for revert upto 10 working days)

People could start some of these steps much earlier then waiting till the end of 6 months

ABOVE ALL...Do not worry, you are not alone and it’s very temporary.. sooner or later your file will get cleared.

Ask your questions here and share the details of CIC reverts with us if you want us to explain. There are many who will be happy to help

Good luck and pls stay positive :)
Thanks dear for ur concern
We ordered gcms 40 days crossed no reply

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hi

I have an update saying the below

1. Criminality in progress - recommend pass
2. Eligibility and security not initiated

My file is OK and everything is on order

Does this mean my criminality is passed and I am moving forward?

Thanks
This is good.
Criminality and security are part of background checks

Eligibility later looks at the CRS score tally and it’s verification..

I wouldn’t worry much.. call CIC is 2 weeks again and look out for emails or Ghost updates :)

Cheers

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
200 days and counting since AOR January 18,2019. Rceived following mail in response to my query from CPC-CTD-Ottawa:
"
Good day,
Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Regards,
Stéphanie
"
Earlier received status as security and eligibility check not started, criminality passed by raising webform.
I have the same email. Don’t worry, these are generic reverts.

Only two things help the most.. calling CIC as that gives the most accurate update and GCMS notes. Order the GCMS notes asap if u haven’t .. refer to my post on page 414

Last edited:

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hello,

Anyone here whose file is at Montreal visa office and got any update...?

It seems empty building, only paperwork goes there and nothing come out...

AOR 22 Jan and waiting...
It’s actually funny when you say that cause sometimes I feel that about the entire IRCC :)

It’s slow these days but don’t worry, someone will look into your file soon. Look at my post on page 414 for help getting details on what you can do !

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
We came to know through mail from goodale
that eligibility was not met
Criminality processing security have not been initiated.
What does it mean.
Plz help iam so tensed
Before you jump to the worse conclusions.. please call CIC for a more solid update,. Order your GCMS notes asap.

Please note, First level of verification is done by novice temporary employees. The main visa officer will check your file again and he/she decides whether or not you meet the eligibility.. review your file personally and send in supporting documents for any thing you feel could possible give case officer a reasonable doubt.

The more people you ask, the more tensed u will get. Do the above before everything else :)

I am sure it’s nothing