+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 AOR Join here

Rohit_S

Feb 3, 2018
Your job/education are part of eligibility check buddy.
They would be check more on things like police report, your travel history and other aspects related to your govt job
I do have a fair bit of travel history but mostly for tourism and some educational. Police report was latest, so again back to my government job. Any idea what they might be looking for and how they might be going about it?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I do have a fair bit of travel history but mostly for tourism and some educational. Police report was latest, so again back to my government job. Any idea what they might be looking for and how they might be going about it?
You should please call up and find out the status with IRCC call center agent, ask question as:

-Eligibility met or not met,
-BGC completed or not yet.
They are not always updating the online account all the time

This will help you get an indication where your application really stands

If you are calling from Canada use this# ‭+1 (888) 242-2100‬
If you are calling from outside Canada use this# +1 613 944-4000
Call them between 8:00am -3:30pm, EST, keep your application number, UCI number handy.
You may have to dial multiple times because of the high volume of call they receive

Reactions: manish12

Rohit_S

Feb 3, 2018
Hi
I spoke to an agent yesterday. He was very cordial and confirmed that it has been in BGC which is the last step for 3 months but it can take longer. He said all I could do was wait and if any additional information was required an officer would reach out to me.
You should please call up and find out the status with IRCC call center agent, ask question as:

Call them between 8:00am -3:30pm, EST, keep your application number, UCI number handy.
You may have to dial multiple times because of the high volume of call they receive

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi
I spoke to an agent yesterday. He was very cordial and confirmed that it has been in BGC which is the last step for 3 months but it can take longer. He said all I could do was wait and if any additional information was required an officer would reach out to me.
Okay, and what about your eligibility ?
Did you also order GCMS notes ?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hi Everyone
Since I'm in the 6th month of my application having spent last 4 in "processing background check", can someone please tell me what it is they check in this last stage so I may sense why I'm stuck?

I mean I guess they would check my job roles and education and perhaps do the same for spouse but specifically what? And how do they go about doing whatever they do? I'm not claiming any points from my spouse so only showed her education and work experience in personal history and nowhere else in the application. This leads me to imagine they found some problem with me. Going by the fact that they sent an ADR for one of my government jobs, I wonder if they haven't been able to validate that. Mind you the government job does not align with my skill code so that again was in my personal history section and not the work experience section. Any thoughts?

I am waiting for my gcms notes also.
Buddy, I have a government job work experience as well. What was the ADR about?

Rohit_S

Feb 3, 2018
Buddy, I have a government job work experience as well. What was the ADR about?
Just wanted details about my roles and responsibilities since I only included it in personal history and didn't submit any certificates originally. For the ADR response I included the relieving letter also.

Rohit_S

Feb 3, 2018
Okay, and what about your eligibility ?
Did you also order GCMS notes ?
Yes, I've ordered the notes on May 26th -still to receive. The eligibility on the website says reviewing but I didn't ask the agent. I assumed eligibility would be done by now since he said this is technically the last step.

sashiv20

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Guys please help me, I have not received an ITA yet but posting in post ITA forum as it will enhance the chances of someone with same experience as mine. I created an express entry profile with all my accurate credentials and did submit that. However, a friend of mine wanted to check his crs and he was doubtful that online crs calculator is not showing him accurate score as it was varying several times. So he wanted me to swap my work experience with his just for once to see if his crs is accurate or not. He didn't have eca so he couldn't create his profile, so i removed my experience put his experience as we did study together and have the same degree, i didn't change that and i was sure that bcoz of a low score of 410 I will not receive ITA soon and will put my experience back again. After checking his crs i put my experience back again after removing his experience but i was than told by a friend that cic will consider this as misrepresentation. I deleted that profile and created a new one with all accurate information and now i am in pool. But my doubt is that, will that change in work experience be considered?
What matters certainly to CIC is the profile at the time of ITA and not the changes you have made. However, the gcms notes will clearly show the changes you made to your account, which means the visa officer can see that you have modified your profile and be prepared for an explanation it they really dig into it, which is extremely unlikely though. It is certainly bad on your part to allow your "friend" to swap his work experience on your profile. The CRS calculator on the canada.ca is the only legit one and the rest are all not. Deleting the profile and creating a new one will also create problems if I understand correctly, because when you submit a completed application, IRCC does the complete check against your details on their database and it might pop up. Don't worry about it, you should be good but never do these kind of mistakes again.

Reactions: luisalbert

sashiv20

Star Member
May 2, 2018
I got this info from my GCMS notes that they are still determining my eligibility.
Raise a CSE at the end of 6 months. Things will get faster after that. You have mentioned that they were not able to determine your 3 years work experience with one of the employer. Check back with the employer to see if IRCC has contacted them by any means. It is likely they tried to communicate and your previous employer never responded. Also your Gcms notes are minimum one month old so things could have changed after that.

Reactions: PB_TX_BC

Emergentsky

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-01-2018
AOR Received.
14-01-2018
Did they ask you for additional documents? they request me travel history document on january 30th...but after that on Additional Documents just say "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided" ...no more updates since then.
Nope. They didn't ask for any additional docs.

Last edited:

manish12

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018

Hey, how do you get to speak to an agent? It just plays the messages of your current application status..

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hey, how do you get to speak to an agent? It just plays the messages of your current application status..
I am based in Canada and have spoken a few time with the agent. I use the number I quote above for applicable for Canada. You have to keep trying a few times before you get through an agent tbh...

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Just wanted details about my roles and responsibilities since I only included it in personal history and didn't submit any certificates originally. For the ADR response I included the relieving letter also.
Thanks, I think they'll ask for my relieving letter as well. I didn't submit it (I think). So far they haven't asked anything yet.

favbless

Oct 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
October 2016
AOR Received.
4-5-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon in JN
Med's Request
soon in JN
Med's Done....
soon in JN
Interview........
Waived in JN
Passport Req..
soon in JN
VISA ISSUED...
2018 hallelujah
LANDED..........
2018 Amen
Happy to say i got my ppr...Hello all please do i have to fill this? I got this in my ppr and my family remain the same.

UPDATED FAMILY INFORMATION: You must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM008 and AdditionalFamily Information forms

Thank you.