+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

May24th

Nov 16, 2017
No. She did the exam in mid-May and heard nothing ever since then. status still shows IP.
Me and my husband did the exam on May 24th from Scarborough. DM since then . They asked for finger print for us before test invite though. Did u call Cic ? What do they say. It’s really getting frustrating .

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Me and my husband did the exam on May 24th from Scarborough. DM since then . They asked for finger print for us before test invite though. Did u call Cic ? What do they say. It’s really getting frustrating .
We did call a few times but every time you get the same message. We were told initially they were waiting on security clearance, then we were told the clearance is done and we should expect oath ceremony soon. But the status now is still showing IP

Umair

Jul 28, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
Hi Seniors,

Just wanted to know are we supposed to get plastic Citizenship card as we had PR one. We got the paper citizenship certificate. if we get plastic cards, How long it take to get after citizenship ceremony..

Thanks

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Hi Seniors,

Just wanted to know are we supposed to get plastic Citizenship card as we had PR one. We got the paper citizenship certificate. if we get plastic cards, How long it take to get after citizenship ceremony..

Thanks
Don't think they're issuing "card" anymore, it's only the citizenship certificate paper now.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship/documents.html

Citizenship cards and commemorative certificates
Before February 2012, we gave out plastic wallet-sized cards and commemorative certificates. These cards are still valid as proof of Canadian citizenship. The date on your citizenship card is not the date you became a Canadian citizen. It is the date we produced the card.

The commemorative certificates are not proof of Canadian citizenship, even though they have the date you became a Canadian citizen on them.

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
Folks
When you go for test do you take all your expired passports as well or only the ones that were used after you became a PR?

adubey

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
looks like wrong information was updated in the list. Hers is also still in DM status. I dont think at this stage they will send any invites for Dec 2017. So I guess we will be in next year's batch.

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
looks like wrong information was updated in the list. Hers is also still in DM status. I dont think at this stage they will send any invites for Dec 2017. So I guess we will be in next year's batch.
No worries. I've removed the status on this row.
Let me know when you get the good news and I'll update. :)