+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
anyone here didnt manage to attend the oath taking due to not in Montreal on the scheduled date.
i already informed IRCC and sent proof as per advice. Do they accept those reason? and how long does it takes for them to reschedule and send you invites again.
thanks
you are playing with fire my friend ,, I don't know if you remember me ,, we did talk regarding montreal test ,, and I was the one who missed attending his test in time ,, let me update you ,, I waited till July with no move , nothing ,, so I had to withdraw my January application ,, and reapply in August ,, bottom line don't let them to re-schedule event for you ,, they will take their time

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
you are playing with fire my friend ,, I don't know if you remember me ,, we did talk regarding montreal test ,, and I was the one who missed attending his test in time ,, let me update you ,, I waited till July with no move , nothing ,, so I had to withdraw my January application ,, and reapply in August ,, bottom line don't let them to re-schedule event for you ,, they will take their time
ohh yeah thats too bad..
i hope my case will be different since its an oath taking ceremony and they email me back to send the reason and proof why i didnt manage to attend..
and also i contacted my local member of parliament and they contacted cic about my case.
anyway best of luck of us..

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
ohh yeah thats too bad..
i hope my case will be different since its an oath taking ceremony and they email me back to send the reason and proof why i didnt manage to attend..
and also i contacted my local member of parliament and they contacted cic about my case.
anyway best of luck of us..
I would not worry about this. It is a human error and they made their decision about you already. It will be easy to just give you a new date. I would not even have contacted the local MP.

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
I would not worry about this. It is a human error and they made their decision about you already. It will be easy to just give you a new date. I would not even have contacted the local MP.
i emailed my local MP due to i was away from canada. i learned it from a friend that the local MP can help you inquire/follow up your application rather than talking to there agents.

Reactions: Stef.

blessymay

Feb 1, 2017
thanks everyone. my family passed the exam on nov 1, 2017in the morning and had our citizenship ceremony in the afternoon.

hanKK

Sep 4, 2015
Hi All,

I received my oath invitation email on November 16 to appear for the ceremony on November 29. Following is from my ECAS:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 27, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on February 20, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on October 4, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 16, 2017 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on November 16, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 29, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Please update the sheet.

Thank you and good luck to everyone! :)

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Hi All,

I received my oath invitation email on November 16 to appear for the ceremony on November 29. Following is from my ECAS:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 27, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on February 20, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on October 4, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 16, 2017 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on November 16, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 29, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Please update the sheet.

Thank you and good luck to everyone! :)
congrats!!! sheet updated

adubey

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Did the officer kinda give you a firm answer as he knows your application was filed in Jan so it should be done within 12 months?
I guess so and now I noticed that my wife's application has been marked Decision Made while mine is still in process. Hope it turns DM in 2017 itself. There are only 3 more left in Scarborough for 2017

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
I guess so and now I noticed that my wife's application has been marked Decision Made while mine is still in process. Hope it turns DM in 2017 itself. There are only 3 more left in Scarborough for 2017
Cool. I am kind of the in the same boat. IP was Feb 20 but I was just invited to do the test on Nov 15. It turned to DM yesterday.
Yeah, hopefully the whole journey can be completed within 12 months as CIC promises.

Reactions: adubey