January 2017-Citizenship applicants

naikabhay11

Jan 30, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys,
we received DM 2-3 weeks back and i just checked my ecas and it says that our oath is scheduled for NOVEMBER 23 2017.
can somebody please update my details on track sheet.

thanks and good luck to all waiting for update.

abhay

zedodo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
hey guys,
we received DM 2-3 weeks back and i just checked my ecas and it says that our oath is scheduled for NOVEMBER 23 2017.

abhay
congrats!!! which office?

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
hey guys,

abhay
Congrats!!! Updated.

Your total journey is 315 days...
There are lots of people from Jan/Feb are still waiting for oath or even test and hopefully we'll get to the end of this soon.

naikabhay11

Jan 30, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!!! Updated.

Your total journey is 315 days...
There are lots of people from Jan/Feb are still waiting for oath or even test and hopefully we'll get to the end of this soon.
yup thats right.
i happen to talk with one IO staff and she told me that all IMMIGRATION OFFICERS had to go for training/update as per new processing rule came in effect,that might caused the delay.

but at the end it's all good.

smoha3

May 5, 2015
Hi ,
Can any one update the spread sheet . Ecas updated to decision made on OCT 6th and still waiting for the oath letter.

adubey

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Hi Adubey, Thanks! This is a very important information. I suspect a bunch of people are in this situation, esp. for Jan/Feb applicants.
Mind telling me where in ATIP notes you see the cancellation notes? Is it a note like "clearance cancelled" or?

Thanks!!
Open ATIP notes and go to the section named Clearances>Security, under sub activities it shows details like Create date, UCI# etc including Type: CIT CSIS Screening and next line you have Status which in my case was Cancelled. So check for Create date and Update Date. Create date would be the date CIC sent the request to CSIS and update date would be the last update that was made to this request. It also has a due date field which CIC was given by CSIS or CIC itself set it up to review.

adubey

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
And finally I
Open ATIP notes and go to the section named Clearances>Security, under sub activities it shows details like Create date, UCI# etc including Type: CIT CSIS Screening and next line you have Status which in my case was Cancelled. So check for Create date and Update Date. Create date would be the date CIC sent the request to CSIS and update date would be the last update that was made to this request. It also has a due date field which CIC was given by CSIS or CIC itself set it up to review.
BTW I finally received the test invite on Oct 27. The test is on Nov 16 at Scarborough.

dikshab

Jun 20, 2017
Hi Dikshab, There were two citizenship ceremonies held in Victoria BC in October (18th - in Butchart Gardens, and 20th- at Pearson College). I attended the one at Pearson College where about 80 new citizens took the oath. I am a Jan 2017 applicant, took the test on May 26, and My status changed to decision made on May 29. I had a similar feeling like you when some applicants were invited for the ceremony in Jul, and also in Aug 2017 in Victoria BC, and I was not invited. but after making enquiries from those who attended those ceremonies, I SUSPECT that applicant in DM status are being invited for ceremonies based on the dates their application went to IN PROCESS, For example the status of my application changed to IN PROCESS on Jan 23, and again to DM on May 29 after my test (May 26), but I know of another applicant whose application went to IN PROCESS in the first week of Jan 2017 but only took the test on June 30 (just like you) and that applicant was invited for the Aug 16, 2017 citizenship ceremony before me. I stayed on DM for about 5 months. During my ceremony, I checked with some people during the roundtable discussion, and many of them mentioned that their application status actually changed to DM shortly before, or around the same time with mine. I am taking this time to make this explanation just to provide some levels of encouragement, and to let you know that there seems to be a queue where several DM applicants are made to follow while being processed for the ceremony (at lease for Victoria BC). This queue in my opinion is based on the date your application changed from received to IN PROCESS. Considering that your application status changed to DM in Feb 2017, I encourage you to just be patient, and have the firm belief that it is going to happen very soon, and hopefully you will among the next batch to be invited for the ceremony.
Quote them the following information on CIC site:
"Losing your permanent resident status
You don’t lose your permanent resident status when your PR card expires. You can only lose your status if you go through an official process."

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp
Thanks guys. Since the coordinator at my university is a jerk, I have decided to involve an immigration lawyer. Hopefully, she'll be able to help me out. Will keep you updated. Also, I wanted to get over with this fast as I need to submit my citizenship certificate by Dec 15.

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
anyone here didnt manage to attend the oath taking due to not in Montreal on the scheduled date.
i already informed IRCC and sent proof as per advice. Do they accept those reason? and how long does it takes for them to reschedule and send you invites again.
thanks