+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
sorry to interrupt ,, but have u called them ??? did you ask to get ATIP ??? what u did ????
I called CIC every couple of weeks and i have been getting the same answer - WAIT.
The recent call and ATIP I got shows that security clearance has been completed in July and I should expect the test coming very soon, but it's still not happening yet. :mad:

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
I called CIC every couple of weeks and i have been getting the same answer - WAIT.
The recent call and ATIP I got shows that security clearance has been completed in July and I should expect the test coming very soon, but it's still not happening yet. :mad:
best of luck bro

hanKK

Sep 4, 2015
is there any reason to have ur file being late bit ??? it took them 8 month to move from in process into test ,, was this normal ???
In the CIC website the processing time is 12months, so whenever I called CIC in the past 8months they said "everything looks fine and they don't need any additional documents, just be patient, there might be too many files in your area." My impression so far is that it really depends on the officer who has your file, if he/she is available, not on vacation, in the mood etc. These are all speculations of course, but based on the day I was interviewed I could see the difference between my interviewer and the interviewer of another applicant (our test/interview was done in a hotel and the interviews were done in the hotel cafeteria and you can see other interviews from a distance). You can see that one officer asks more questions the other wants to get to the next applicant faster. And for sure it also depends on your file as well. But when there are files that during the process didn't require any additional info by CIC and seemed to be normal based on your call with CIC, the reason that comes to mind for the delay based on my impression is what I mentioned earlier.

dikshab

Jun 20, 2017
A little bit off the topic. My PR expired in August and I haven't received my citizenship yet. Does that make me an international student ?

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
In the CIC website the processing time is 12months, so whenever I called CIC in the past 8months they said "everything looks fine and they don't need any additional documents, just be patient, there might be too many files in your area." My impression so far is that it really depends on the officer who has your file, if he/she is available, not on vacation, in the mood etc. These are all speculations of course, but based on the day I was interviewed I could see the difference between my interviewer and the interviewer of another applicant (our test/interview was done in a hotel and the interviews were done in the hotel cafeteria and you can see other interviews from a distance). You can see that one officer asks more questions the other wants to get to the next applicant faster. And for sure it also depends on your file as well. But when there are files that during the process didn't require any additional info by CIC and seemed to be normal based on your call with CIC, the reason that comes to mind for the delay based on my impression is what I mentioned earlier.
and during this waiting period ,, they did not ask you to do Finger Print ??? you did not ask to get ATIP report ,, ??? what type of info that you used to have during this period ,, i am sorry i am asking you with so many questions

hanKK

Sep 4, 2015
and during this waiting period ,, they did not ask you to do Finger Print ??? you did not ask to get ATIP report ,, ??? what type of info that you used to have during this period ,, i am sorry i am asking you with so many questions
No problem, I'm happy to help. No, they didn't ask for any finger prints and I did not ask for ATIP. To be honest, the only info I got during this period was whatever I saw in my ECAS. I did not receive any new info other than my updates on ECAS. Calling CIC didn't provide any new info, they only said that your file looks ok and doesn't require any additional documents or finger prints. They said you are still within the 12months processing period, so be patient, there might be a lot of applicants in your area that is causing the delay.

Reactions: paulvoyer

adubey

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
wow. we're in the same boat. I am still waiting for test invite since IP on Feb 20.
Did you call CIC to figure out why? like stuck on security clearance?
I first ordered ATIP notes for my wife and myself. It showed criminality cleared and security was cancelled. So I reached out to MP in my area. The MP's office called up IRCC and apparently the reason for first cancellation in May was due to the an apparent glitch in which IRCC made the request to CSIS but CSIS never received the request in their files. So a second request has been made now and they are waiting for clearance.

I would also recommend you to order ATIP notes and in parallel send a request for appointment with your MP. In my case MP took almost 2 weeks to respond and needed 2 reminders.

adubey

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
wow. we're in the same boat. I am still waiting for test invite since IP on Feb 20.
Did you call CIC to figure out why? like stuck on security clearance?
I first ordered ATIP notes for my wife and myself. It showed criminality cleared and security was cancelled. So I reached out to MP in my area. The MP's office called up IRCC and apparently the reason for first cancellation in May was due to the an apparent glitch in which IRCC made the request to CSIS but CSIS never received the request in their files. So a second request has been made now and they are waiting for clearance.

I would also recommend you to order ATIP notes and in parallel send a request for appointment with your MP. In my case MP took almost 2 weeks to respond and needed 2 reminders.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
No problem, I'm happy to help. No, they didn't ask for any finger prints and I did not ask for ATIP. To be honest, the only info I got during this period was whatever I saw in my ECAS. I did not receive any new info other than my updates on ECAS. Calling CIC didn't provide any new info, they only said that your file looks ok and doesn't require any additional documents or finger prints. They said you are still within the 12months processing period, so be patient, there might be a lot of applicants in your area that is causing the delay.
thank you so mch for your care and your answer ,, i wish you all the best for the remaining of the process bro

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017

Hi Adubey, Thanks! This is a very important information. I suspect a bunch of people are in this situation, esp. for Jan/Feb applicants.
Mind telling me where in ATIP notes you see the cancellation notes? Is it a note like "clearance cancelled" or?

Thanks!!

HolyPope

Sep 29, 2017
It would've been fine if I had been waiting for the test date or the from In Process to DM, but I'm stuck on DM since 3 months. And the people at the test centre told that we should receive oath ceremony between August and October. This is what is making me impatient
Hi Dikshab, There were two citizenship ceremonies held in Victoria BC in October (18th - in Butchart Gardens, and 20th- at Pearson College). I attended the one at Pearson College where about 80 new citizens took the oath. I am a Jan 2017 applicant, took the test on May 26, and My status changed to decision made on May 29. I had a similar feeling like you when some applicants were invited for the ceremony in Jul, and also in Aug 2017 in Victoria BC, and I was not invited. but after making enquiries from those who attended those ceremonies, I SUSPECT that applicant in DM status are being invited for ceremonies based on the dates their application went to IN PROCESS, For example the status of my application changed to IN PROCESS on Jan 23, and again to DM on May 29 after my test (May 26), but I know of another applicant whose application went to IN PROCESS in the first week of Jan 2017 but only took the test on June 30 (just like you) and that applicant was invited for the Aug 16, 2017 citizenship ceremony before me. I stayed on DM for about 5 months. During my ceremony, I checked with some people during the roundtable discussion, and many of them mentioned that their application status actually changed to DM shortly before, or around the same time with mine. I am taking this time to make this explanation just to provide some levels of encouragement, and to let you know that there seems to be a queue where several DM applicants are made to follow while being processed for the ceremony (at lease for Victoria BC). This queue in my opinion is based on the date your application changed from received to IN PROCESS. Considering that your application status changed to DM in Feb 2017, I encourage you to just be patient, and have the firm belief that it is going to happen very soon, and hopefully you will among the next batch to be invited for the ceremony.