January 2017-Citizenship applicants

naikabhay11

Jan 30, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,
Me and my wife passed our test on March 16 2017, since then nothing moved.i called CIC 3 times in between to check the status and always got the reply "background check are in progress".the last time i called i got a very rude agent and didn't share any info ,just that its in process..that i can see online...so i ordered the ATIP/GCMS notes.i received it after 35 days and from that prohibition and criminal check has been passed before i appeared for test.since then they my security check was pending.

now few days back i checked my ecas and it says "DM" for me and my wife,while my son who is 10 yrs ,his file is still in process

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,
Me and my wife passed our test on March 16 2017, since then nothing moved.i called CIC 3 times in between to check the status and always got the reply "background check are in progress".the last time i called i got a very rude agent and didn't share any info ,just that its in process..that i can see online...so i ordered the ATIP/GCMS notes.i received it after 35 days and from that prohibition and criminal check has been passed before i appeared for test.since then they my security check was pending.

now few days back i checked my ecas and it says "DM" for me and my wife,while my son who is 10 yrs ,his file is still in process
Thats how it is for underage kids. Don't worry, you will get your oath letter soon.

hanKK

Sep 4, 2015
Hi All,

My citizenship status changed to Decision Made on October 19. I took my test on October 16. I did not receive the notice for the test/interview by mail and it was only sent to me by email, which later I found out it was in my spam folder. So check your spam folder frequently since you might receive the notice there.

Below is my timeline again with the new line added. Please update the sheet. Thank you! Waiting for the next step, hopefully the oath letter I assume. Best of luck to you all.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 27, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on February 20, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on October 4, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 16, 2017 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Last edited:

Mood

Sep 10, 2017
Hi Everyone.

Any Jan applicants in Edmonton waiting for oath invitation.

Kindly share your timeline.

Thanks

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Hi All,

My citizenship status changed to Decision Made on October 19. I took my test on October 16. I did not receive the notice for the test/interview by mail and it was only sent to me by email, which later I found out it was in my spam folder. So check your spam folder frequently since you might receive the notice there.

Below is my timeline again with the new line added. Please update the sheet. Thank you! Waiting for the next step, hopefully the oath letter I assume. Best of luck to you all.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 27, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on October 4, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 16, 2017 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congrats, updated.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Hi All,

is there any reason to have ur file being late bit ??? it took them 8 month to move from in process into test ,, was this normal ???

dikshab

Jun 20, 2017
Chill Dikshab!! I am still waiting for test invite.. you are nowhere near ;)
It would've been fine if I had been waiting for the test date or the from In Process to DM, but I'm stuck on DM since 3 months. And the people at the test centre told that we should receive oath ceremony between August and October. This is what is making me impatient

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Chill Dikshab!! I am still waiting for test invite.. you are nowhere near ;)
wow. we're in the same boat. I am still waiting for test invite since IP on Feb 20.
Did you call CIC to figure out why? like stuck on security clearance?

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
wow. we're in the same boat. I am still waiting for test invite since IP on Feb 20.
Did you call CIC to figure out why? like stuck on security clearance?
sorry to interrupt ,, but have u called them ??? did you ask to get ATIP ??? what u did ????