+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
I thought my case would be the easiest to process. I came to Canada 4 and half years ago and have only been to the US for about 7 days in total since that time. I have been under employment for over 95% of the 4 years, at a pretty well known Canadian company. Absolutely no criminal records.
I wonder why. Maybe because my case was sent to St Lawrence??
St Lawrence in which city ???? same boat here bro
check this out
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 28, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 16, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 28, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 16, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on February 21, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 13, 2017 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

wanchope

Mar 3, 2017
St Lawrence in which city ???? same boat here bro
check this out
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 28, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 16, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 28, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 16, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on February 21, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 13, 2017 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Toronto!

Your application still moves faster than mine. Almost 6 month passed, I'm still stuck at the finger printing step.

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Hi Guys, my sister conny just finished her exam yesterday. In terms of why have we not yet received any oath schedule (i did my exam last month, April 12, and still no oath sched); she asked;

Conny: When may we expect the oath taking schedule to be sent?
Immigration Officer: We are still waiting on a security clearance on our end, but you will receive your schedule accordingly.
Conny: is there anything I need to do on my end?
Immigration Officer: No, this is on our side. We just need to receive that from the immigration office, and you should be good to go.

PS: both myself and my sister werent requested for any finger prints before the exam. The delay is definitely on their end with whatever is required I suppose. We both did our exams in Scarborough.

Joe Joe

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Hi Guys, my sister conny just finished her exam yesterday. In terms of why have we not yet received any oath schedule (i did my exam last month, April 12, and still no oath sched); she asked;

Conny: When may we expect the oath taking schedule to be sent?
Immigration Officer: We are still waiting on a security clearance on our end, but you will receive your schedule accordingly.
Conny: is there anything I need to do on my end?
Immigration Officer: No, this is on our side. We just need to receive that from the immigration office, and you should be good to go.

PS: both myself and my sister werent requested for any finger prints before the exam. The delay is definitely on their end with whatever is required I suppose. We both did our exams in Scarborough.
Thats pretty normal, they did not ask me for fingerprint, and still the officer told me in the interviee that I have oassed secuity clearance so it happens with everyone, time required is different though

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Thats pretty normal, they did not ask me for fingerprint, and still the officer told me in the interviee that I have oassed secuity clearance so it happens with everyone, time required is different though

Exactly. It actually does not make much of a difference, because in reality they have indicated 12 month processing for citizenship. and we are all well under 12 months. :)

Does anybody have a clear idea if they are lowering the cost of the citizenship application soon and bringing back the 3 year requirement instead of the 4?? I tried to look for legit articles, but they only discuss the timeline, and nothing really recent. (Just curious)

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
i missed up with them bro big big time bro ,, on my test day I arrived late ,, so I am waiting a final retest ,,, sent 2 FP since the first one call center agents were not able to see it ,, on 04/20/2017 I applied for ATIP ,, so far I did not receive it ,,, I have a long way with them bro ,, wish all the best

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
After the ceremony I have been told to wait 2 business days to apply for passport. But you can request express service at the passport office as your trip is coming up.
It is required to wait for 2 business days to complete insertion of Citizenship Certificate number in the Passport System. So finally this over for me today. Applied for passport and wait for 2 weeks to receive. This forum was so much helpful for me. I had many doubts and questions before applying but this forum members are amazing to shoot with numerous various options and suggestions which helps me to complete this process in just 2 and 1/2 months. Kudos to all members. Saying Bye for now. Who knows when we cross path again with something else in future again. Good Luck to all of you with your Citizenship completion.

Reactions: paulvoyer

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
It is required to wait for 2 business days to complete insertion of Citizenship Certificate number in the Passport System. So finally this over for me today. Applied for passport and wait for 2 weeks to receive. This forum was so much helpful for me. I had many doubts and questions before applying but this forum members are amazing to shoot with numerous various options and suggestions which helps me to complete this process in just 2 and 1/2 months. Kudos to all members. Saying Bye for now. Who knows when we cross path again with something else in future again. Good Luck to all of you with your Citizenship completion.
Congrats Raj. Wish you all the best in your life

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flyingacotthie : could you tell us when your file stated the IP step , I am from Montreal as well

simonx

May 20, 2017
i applied Jan16 2017, test done mar 16th but till now my application status is still IP not DM, is it normal? Should I phone them? I am in Vancouver.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
i applied Jan16 2017, test done mar 16th but till now my application status is still IP not DM, is it normal? Should I phone them? I am in Vancouver.
I am not sure what is going on in Vancouver at the moment but nothing is moving. My application is in process since the 4th of April but no test invitation so far.
Somehow nothing is moving in Vancouver right now. Personally, I would not phone them as I cannot see what this would help you. The official timeline is a year and on their website, they clearly tell you not to bother them before this year is over. I would be worried that my application ends up at the bottom of the pile...

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
It sure is taking a long time to get oath notices. Still waiting on Scarboro office as its getting close to 2-month time since test.
CIC is damn slow this year. Even a early June oath looks difficult.
It's disappointing to see no updates for GTA applicants here since its been a while since everyone wrote their tests and passed and got DM.