+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

flyingscottie

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Hi all,

I applied in January, got IP on Feb 20 - then I went out of the country for 3 months - I wrote to them and said I'm gone Feb 1 to Apr 30, please don't process me until then as I am unable to attend an interview or test.

NOW WHAT???

Do I assume they will start moving? Do I need to write to them again?

They requested an additional document while I was gone, I had a friend send it and I know they received it as I have the tracking, but the system still says "we sent you a request for additional information on Feb 20" and no update since.

Thoughts?

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Hi all,

I applied in January, got IP on Feb 20 - then I went out of the country for 3 months - I wrote to them and said I'm gone Feb 1 to Apr 30, please don't process me until then as I am unable to attend an interview or test.

NOW WHAT???

Do I assume they will start moving? Do I need to write to them again?

They requested an additional document while I was gone, I had a friend send it and I know they received it as I have the tracking, but the system still says "we sent you a request for additional information on Feb 20" and no update since.

Thoughts?
I guess you would need to update them ,,,, you can use the online web form ,,, or even writ a letter to your local cic office

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Still waiting for oath notice for wife. Scarboro is so damn slow, already over a month since test done and DM.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
I received a response to the inquiry that I sent to CIC using the web communication tool in Apr 3rd.

-------------
Hello:

The case status of your application is currently pending clearances. Fingerprints result has been received at the local office, you do not need to re-submit any copies/original of the fingerprints at this time. If additional information is required, you will be contacted.

Sincerely,

Citizenship Official
-------------

Any ideas what does that mean? Pending clearance ??
can I ask one more question my friend ,, we are trying to understand how cic people are working right ...
me too I was asked to do FP ,,, and when I called later they said my security check completed ,, at your case did they did not ask additional requests ??? somewhere here I read they ask FBI check ,, like they did not ask you any additional request ???
by the way my time line matching with yours ,,, except my office is Montreal check this out
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 28, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 16, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 28, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 16, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on February 21, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 13, 2017 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
can I ask one more question my friend ,, we are trying to understand how cic people are working right ...
me too I was asked to do FP ,,, and when I called later they said my security check completed ,, at your case did they did not ask additional requests ??? somewhere here I read they ask FBI check ,, like they did not ask you any additional request ???
by the way my time line matching with yours ,,, except my office is Montreal check this out
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 28, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 16, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 28, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 16, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on February 21, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 13, 2017 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
The only thing they asked for is the FP results.
It was sent to them in Mar 9th and as per the call centre my criminal record was Passed in Mar 17th.
And that is it. I am still waiting for the 5th line. The test invitation

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
The only thing they asked for is the FP results.
It was sent to them in Mar 9th and as per the call centre my criminal record was Passed in Mar 17th.
And that is it. I am still waiting for the 5th line. The test invitation
you know since while ago I asked for ATIP ,, so far I did not hear from them ,,, good thing that they answered on free tool ,, do you mind if I ask what is you local cic office

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
you know since while ago I asked for ATIP ,, so far I did not hear from them ,,, good thing that they answered on free tool ,, do you mind if I ask what is you local cic office
ATIP takes exactly one month. You will get it soon.
My office is Saskatoon

Reactions: paulvoyer

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
Guys...I have a question: I'm going to take the OATH this Tuesday. Will I be able to apply for passport right after next day? I need to viist USA on early June. Most of my friends told me that I can apply for passport right after the day I get citizenship certificate but in the cic web site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-ceremony.asp
it is written: "As a new citizen, you must wait at least two business days after your ceremony before you can apply for services, such as applying for a passport."
Anyone can vet this?

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
if ur going in june its a lot of time . u get your passport in a week time

just wait 2 days after citizenship to apply

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys...I have a question: I'm going to take the OATH this Tuesday. Will I be able to apply for passport right after next day? I need to viist USA on early June. Most of my friends told me that I can apply for passport right after the day I get citizenship certificate but in the cic web site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-ceremony.asp
it is written: "As a new citizen, you must wait at least two business days after your ceremony before you can apply for services, such as applying for a passport."
Anyone can vet this?
If you are close to the passport office and you have the oath ceremony in the morning you could try the next day. it has worked for many on here.

aarvi

May 10, 2017
Anyone can vet this?
Hi, I think you can apply for pp anytime after you get your citizen certificate , not to worry.