31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
MrPineappleHead said:
Why does it take CIC such an eternity to process these applications. In the UK and most EU countries, spousal PR applications take no longer than 90 days. Okay, rant over!
Well ranted! And yes I can confirm it's 90 days MAX for France for example. France! The country of normally horrendous bureaucracy, and THEY can make it happen in civilized processing times...WTF? PLUS you can reach someone at their Embassy in Manila almost anytime to ask questions, imagine that!

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Gumper said:
Well ranted! And yes I can confirm it's 90 days MAX for France for example. France! The country of normally horrendous bureaucracy, and THEY can make it happen in civilized processing times...WTF? PLUS you can reach someone at their Embassy in Manila almost anytime to ask questions, imagine that!
It only takes 90 days to emigrate to France? I know where we're moving if our application gets delayed at all, lol!

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Zarilenth said:
It only takes 90 days to emigrate to France? I know where we're moving if our application gets delayed at all, lol!
It's a good plan B for sure!

Canadian_belle1

Nov 30, 2013
North Bay, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2014
Doc's Request.
March 4, 2014 - Rescinded on March 7, 2014
AOR Received.
March 10, 2014
File Transfer...
March 10, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 27, 2013
Interview........
Aug 11, 2014
Passport Req..
Aug 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 11, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug 18, 2014
MrPineappleHead said:
I know I shouldn't complain too much as it has only been around 5 months since I submitted my application. However, it's just so frustrating having to stop working in my dream job and career here in Canada while I wait for my PR to come through. It almost seems absurd that there is no way to get a bridging visa through the Common-Law application process to carry on working until I hear the outcome of my application. Economically, it makes no sense for Canada to stop future permanent residents to stop working and become unemployed while they wait for the outcome. Fortunately my employer is holding my job for me, but if this process drags on into the Autumn, I'm not sure how patient they will be.

Why does it take CIC such an eternity to process these applications. In the UK and most EU countries, spousal PR applications take no longer than 90 days.

Okay, rant over!
Big picture perspective: at least you're with your spouse as you wait. Some of us don't even have that possibility.

Look on the bright side!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
MrPineappleHead said:
I know I shouldn't complain too much as it has only been around 5 months since I submitted my application. However, it's just so frustrating having to stop working in my dream job and career here in Canada while I wait for my PR to come through. It almost seems absurd that there is no way to get a bridging visa through the Common-Law application process to carry on working until I hear the outcome of my application. Economically, it makes no sense for Canada to stop future permanent residents to stop working and become unemployed while they wait for the outcome. Fortunately my employer is holding my job for me, but if this process drags on into the Autumn, I'm not sure how patient they will be.

Why does it take CIC such an eternity to process these applications. In the UK and most EU countries, spousal PR applications take no longer than 90 days.

Okay, rant over!
That would be perfect for people from countries where waiting times are 2 years, just pay $1040 and you have a work permit for two years. If denied, apply again and work for another 2 years.

Think about it...

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrPineappleHead said:

Okay, rant over!
Answer is: THE CONSERVATIVE GOVERNMENT!! They made immigration into Canada through anything other than work visa very difficult. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against them, I don't even care about politics but it is true that work visa takes considerably less time than any other catagory. The other reason why it takes CIC longer to process these applications is that more people are trying to immigrate into Canada for various reasons than any one country in Europe. In fact, Canada had over 257,000 new immigrants in 2012. All of Europe combined probably didn't have that many.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Actually there were close to 194,000 new arrivals in France alone in 2012 (http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2013/03/29/le-nombre-d-immigres-entres-en-france-en-2012-est-reste-stable_3150336_3224.html), 52,000 of which were spousal/family visas. Germany, UK & others surely rival those stats, so Canada not that unique. Granted these countries have bigger bureaucracies than Canada to handle it, but I think the big difference especially in spousal areas is the basic right in EU law of family reunification for all its citizens. There is more "benefit of a doubt" as it were, and they leave some of the "proving" and other bureaucratic hoops to be carried out from within the country. So at least you can be with your loved one(s) while doing it. Visa processing fees are much less than Canada's but getting set up (health insurance, driver's licence etc.) involves greater expenditure and bureaucracy so maybe that dissuade scammers? And the only requirement to being allowed to immediately look for work is mandatory completion of French training (paid by the state) that is really basic level stuff. Of course it's also tougher to find a good job without a decent level of French but if you're at least there you're going to learn (is maybe how they see it?). Don't understand how we cannot do the same kind of thing in Canada - assuming couples are 'real' until proven 'fake' rather than the inverse, it often seems. And yes immediate expulsion for anyone who does try to cheat the system. Since embarking on this adventure I've often said this could be a great subject for someone's university thesis, how did it get to this? Just look back to 2012 on this forum, processing times were easily 50% shorter in many cases, that's not right.

SarahRuiz

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2014
File Transfer...
06-03-2014 ( AOR from VO OFFICE )
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
PPR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

YAY !

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gumper said:
Actually there were close to 194,000 new arrivals in France alone in 2012 (http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2013/03/29/le-nombre-d-immigres-entres-en-france-en-2012-est-reste-stable_3150336_3224.html), 52,000 of which were spousal/family visas. Germany, UK & others surely rival those stats, so Canada not that unique. Granted these countries have bigger bureaucracies than Canada to handle it, but I think the big difference especially in spousal areas is the basic right in EU law of family reunification for all its citizens. There is more "benefit of a doubt" as it were, and they leave some of the "proving" and other bureaucratic hoops to be carried out from within the country. So at least you can be with your loved one(s) while doing it. Visa processing fees are much less than Canada's but getting set up (health insurance, driver's licence etc.) involves greater expenditure and bureaucracy so maybe that dissuade scammers? And the only requirement to being allowed to immediately look for work is mandatory completion of French training (paid by the state) that is really basic level stuff. Of course it's also tougher to find a good job without a decent level of French but if you're at least there you're going to learn (is maybe how they see it?). Don't understand how we cannot do the same kind of thing in Canada - assuming couples are 'real' until proven 'fake' rather than the inverse, it often seems. And yes immediate expulsion for anyone who does try to cheat the system. Since embarking on this adventure I've often said this could be a great subject for someone's university thesis, how did it get to this? Just look back to 2012 on this forum, processing times were easily 50% shorter in many cases, that's not right.
Good post and interesting read. Yes, I agree with what you said about "assuming couples are 'real' until proven 'fake' rather than the inverse, it often seems." But I think the reason CIC takes longer time to process spouse sponsorship applications than European countries is not just one reason, several reasons contribute. Again, I think one of those reasons is the Conservative Government. Liberals seem to be the friendlier party when it comes to immigrating into Canada. The fact that the Liberals just recently won majority government in Ontario points to this fact (after all, Ontario has the highest 'new' immigrant population in Canada). The Conservatives made the waiting time longer for anyone applying to come to Canada under all categories except work visa.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SarahRuiz said:

YAY !
huertdiaz said:
We got PPR too!!!!

;D ;D
Folks are getting PPR within 6 months of submitting the application. This is very encouraging sign. I hope this rate doesn't slow down in the next couple of months.

MrPineappleHead

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-04-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
Graihn said:
That would be perfect for people from countries where waiting times are 2 years, just pay $1040 and you have a work permit for two years. If denied, apply again and work for another 2 years.

Think about it...
Well, I'm talking about if you are already in Canada, it seems ridiculous that I even need to apply 'outland' (I've been here for two and a half years) because it so much 'faster'. They could easily give you a provisional acceptance with the right to work if all looks in order up until you get your PR. But at the moment with inland PR you have to wait at least 9 months before being granted a work visa up and then another 9 for proper PR. If denied, you'd have to leave the country anyway so wouldn't be able to reapply inland.

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
SarahRuiz said:

YAY !
huertdiaz said:
We got PPR too!!!!

;D ;D
Congrats huertdiaz and SarahRuiz!!! What's the date you received your PR, so we can update it on the spreadsheet?

On the other topic, CIC also has to ensure that people don't come to Canada just to abuse the system. In most European countries, even if you get your residence permit, it doesn't guarantee you social assistance, good health care, etc. Since the volume of immigrants is huge, it's obvious they cannot take everyone like that. For example, in Finland we also have the social assistance system, but we also don't get so many immigrants so it would become an issue. I think the government of Canada should consider not giving a permanent residence right of the bat, but a temporary one for couple of years (in Finland it's 4) in the beginning. If the marriage breaks before the four years that you have to wait for the PR, your residence permit gets canceled.

huertdiaz

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Thanks Aniabella!!
We hope all of you get positive news very soon!!

We received Passport Request yesterday June-17-2014.
ECAS is still showing "In Process". I will update the date as soon as it changes.
Interview Requested: Waived :)

mrsjamie

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEManila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-14
AOR Received.