June 28,2019
Med's Done....
July 3,2019
Interview........
No

leolea

Apr 8, 2017
Thanks for your info.

My temporary visa expired last month, but I have valid work permit. not sure I could still come back to Canada when I am doing my landing....
when you are in front of Canadian Border Officer for landing,
they will take your all permit.
that’s why we have to bring all permit from the first one to present permit.

That’s means If you are eligible to do landing, you can be welcomed to enter.

ivsyw0415

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
when you are in front of Canadian Border Officer for landing,
they will take your all permit.
that’s why we have to bring all permit from the first one to present permit.

That’s means If you are eligible to do landing, you can be welcomed to enter.
Thanks for your details!
Just wondering do we have to bring all permits? I think I had 2 study permits before but after I got the work permit, I don’t know where I put those study permits...

DAF644

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hi guys,
I landed this Thursday (Aug 01) and became a PR finally.

My experience to share with you all (you can see full timeline in my signature too).

After I got approved on CIC in the morning of July 31, I checked my tracking number for return package and it was activated on same day! (note: once CoPR was in my hands, I noticed the date of issue was Jul 23, so it took a whole week for them to approve on GCKey even though the documents were ready) Showed 6:33 pm Ottawa time package in transit, so maybe check your numbers at the end of the day, seems to be true that Canada Post will pickup the packages around that time.

The package only took one day to arrive from Ottawa to Calgary, and I had the passport delivered to my mailbox at 9 am. I used a small envelope, so if you used the bigger ones, maybe it will be delivered to parcel box or nearest Canada Post.
Inside the envelope there was my passport with a visa stamped "immigrant" on it, similar to a regular Canadian visa, 2 copies of CoPR (one with picture one without) and an additional letter with instructions about the landing process.

At 3 pm I departed toward the US border, and arrived in Coutts, AB around 7 pm. Made a few stops along the way to enjoy the scenery.

Got to the US border and the American officer asked me what my intentions were, I just said I'm here to do the flagpole and finalize my PR process. He took my passport and told me to park in the lot at the US side and come into the building. Inside the building an American officer gave me my passport back and a document saying I was rejected entry into US. Don't worry about this, it's just a silly document to prove I left Canada and came back, it doesn't mean anything other than that. After handing me the document and passport, he told me to make a u-turn and drive back into Canada and present everything to the Canadian officers.

At the Canadian booth, the Canadian officer asked me if I was carrying anything (guns, food, marijuana, lots of money etc) all that typical customs stuff, and after saying no to everything they also asked me a few more questions like my address, where do I work, what do I do etc. Then they gave me a yellow slip and passport back.

Now I parked in the Canadian side of the parking lot, and went inside the building again. I waited for officer to call me and handed in all my documents. He also asked similar questions as the officer in the booth, then made me sign both copies of the CoPR, gave me back the one without picture, kept the one with the picture. Also gave me a letter with explanations about what to do as permanent resident (get your permanent SIN, wait for PR card etc).

After about 15 minutes of waiting, the officer finished the paperwork and told me Congratulations, you're now a permanent resident!

While I was getting back to my car to head back home, this nice American family, who overheard my talk with the officer, also congratulated me!

And then I drove back lol, arrived home at 11 pm. What a day!

It's finally done guys, now with the CoPR signed by me and the officer in hand I'm officially a permanent resident in Canada. Once I get the PR card, then I'm 100% free to travel as well.

Wishing everyone all the best and a good life in Canada.

edit: forgot to mention, I surrendered my work permit to the officer, and in my case they didn't ask for fingerprints. Oh, and had to pay nothing while at the border.

Last edited:

SimonWPG

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Passport delivered to Ottawa July 16
Application approved (in CIC website) August 2
It shows I have a "document: counterfoil", not sure what is it?

Canadapost return mail not activated yet

SimonWPG

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Hi guys,
I landed this Thursday (Aug 01) and became a PR finally.

My experience to share with you all (you can see full timeline in my signature too).

After I got approved on CIC in the morning of July 31, I checked my tracking number for return package and it was activated on same day! (note: once CoPR was in my hands, I noticed the date of issue was Jul 23, so it took a whole week for them to approve on GCKey even though the documents were ready) Showed 6:33 pm Ottawa time package in transit, so maybe check your numbers at the end of the day, seems to be true that Canada Post will pickup the packages around that time.

The package only took one day to arrive from Ottawa to Calgary, and I had the passport delivered to my mailbox at 9 am. I used a small envelope, so if you used the bigger ones, maybe it will be delivered to parcel box or nearest Canada Post.
Inside the envelope there was my passport with a visa stamped "immigrant" on it, similar to a regular Canadian visa, 2 copies of CoPR (one with picture one without) and an additional letter with instructions about the landing process.

At 3 pm I departed toward the US border, and arrived in Coutts, AB around 7 pm. Made a few stops along the way to enjoy the scenery.

Got to the US border and the American officer asked me what my intentions were, I just said I'm here to do the flagpole and finalize my PR process. He took my passport and told me to park in the lot at the US side and come into the building. Inside the building an American officer gave me my passport back and a document saying I was rejected entry into US. Don't worry about this, it's just a silly document to prove I left Canada and came back, it doesn't mean anything other than that. After handing me the document and passport, he told me to make a u-turn and drive back into Canada and present everything to the Canadian officers.

At the Canadian booth, the Canadian officer asked me if I was carrying anything (guns, food, marijuana, lots of money etc) all that typical customs stuff, and after saying no to everything they also asked me a few more questions like my address, where do I work, what do I do etc. Then they gave me a yellow slip and passport back.

Now I parked in the Canadian side of the parking lot, and went inside the building again. I waited for officer to call me and handed in all my documents. He also asked similar questions as the officer in the booth, then made me sign both copies of the CoPR, gave me back the one without picture, kept the one with the picture. Also gave me a letter with explanations about what to do as permanent resident (get your permanent SIN, wait for PR card etc).

After about 15 minutes of waiting, the officer finished the paperwork and told me Congratulations, you're now a permanent resident!

While I was getting back to my car to head back home, this nice American family, who overheard my talk with the officer, also congratulated me!

And then I drove back lol, arrived home at 11 pm. What a day!

It's finally done guys, now with the CoPR signed by me and the officer in hand I'm officially a permanent resident in Canada. Once I get the PR card, then I'm 100% free to travel as well.

Wishing everyone all the best and a good life in Canada.

edit: forgot to mention, I surrendered my work permit to the officer, and in my case they didn't ask for fingerprints. Oh, and had to pay nothing while at the border.
congrats! your post is really helpful!
Hopefully I get my passport back this weekend and finish landing too.

All the best to your future Canadian life!

Reactions: DAF644

DAF644

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Passport delivered to Ottawa July 16
Application approved (in CIC website) August 2
It shows I have a "document: counterfoil", not sure what is it?

Canadapost return mail not activated yet
The counterfoil is the immigrant visa they stick to your passport. That's part of the package when you receive your passport back and the CoPR.
Once you land, the officer will cross that visa and you use the CoPR as proof of PR until you get your PR card.

Vicky sidhu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
Feb 5,2018
AOR Received.
March 7,2018