+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<Jan 2018 applicants> after PPR.

Kad25

Jun 10, 2019
I got my Passport today. please let me know the documents required for landing ( passport , form cic sent me and my wrok visa ), no additional documents ?

Reactions: jnemiada

jnemiada

Feb 12, 2014
Quezon City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 04, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 04, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
January 27, 2014
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
March 22, 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
changed my mind, me and and my wife are heading to Carway tonight, any tips would be really much appreciated. thanks and goodluck to your future endevours!

jnemiada

Feb 12, 2014
Quezon City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 04, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 04, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
January 27, 2014
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
March 22, 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
Update:
Went to Carway Border last night, we arrive there at around 10pm.
US side they ask what is our purpose, told them flagpoling they ask for passports after 5min officer gave us the passport back together with the refusal letter.
Canada Side same thing ask whats the purpose, officer took our passport at window then ask us to go inside. another officer insdie ask us to hand her all of our work permits and the copr. ask us a bunch of question like if we have criminal records, why go there and not book an appointment at Harry Hays here in Calgary stuff like that. then ask us to wait. then after 10-15 minutes they called us and congratulated us.

so yeah me and my wife are officially a permanent resident now! congrats to all of us!

DAF644

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
I've been noticing this attitude from the officers based on so many other people's experience and my own. When I went to flagpole I clearly noticed the Canadian officer mumbling "Oh great..." when I told them I was there to land as an immigrant. Then I saw other people's testimonials in this forum about the officers in Emerson, MB being upset because they showed up there too.

This is extremely rude behaviour by these officers, and to anyone who still has to land as immigrant, please don't be intimidated by this. You have the choice and right to either book an appointment at an IRCC office or go to the border yourself. It's clearly indicated by the document provided by CIC when you receive your CoPR. They should not treat people like this, it's part of their job duties as an border officer and most people have been waiting for years and gone through so much to finally get their PRs.

Anyway, congratulations to all new permanent residents!

Reactions: drae and jnemiada

lazyguy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Landing done on 16th August at Peace Arch border BC. Contrary to other experiences in this thread, I had a very positive experience at the border and this was my 2nd time flag polling(1st one was for work permit). Both time the procedure was seamless and border officers behaved very normally to people coming to flagpole.

Can someone tell me how do you check PR status? Is it automatically linked to existing PR application online? or do I need to add something manually?

iaq07

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
I've been noticing this attitude from the officers based on so many other people's experience and my own. When I went to flagpole I clearly noticed the Canadian officer mumbling "Oh great..." when I told them I was there to land as an immigrant. Then I saw other people's testimonials in this forum about the officers in Emerson, MB being upset because they showed up there too.

This is extremely rude behaviour by these officers, and to anyone who still has to land as immigrant, please don't be intimidated by this. You have the choice and right to either book an appointment at an IRCC office or go to the border yourself. It's clearly indicated by the document provided by CIC when you receive your CoPR. They should not treat people like this, it's part of their job duties as an border officer and most people have been waiting for years and gone through so much to finally get their PRs.

Anyway, congratulations to all new permanent residents!
I did my landing on 8th august 2019 at coutts border from edmonton. The officers did not ask any question like that why not booked appointment at the office. I had US visa so they US side admitted me and what i felt for my both times for flagpoling US side was much more friendly officers than canadian side. Still my landing was smooth at coutts officers were great on both side. My first flagpole for work permit was at peace arch and at that time again US side were having more friendly people than canadian side. Its just i felt. But i have heard and experienced coutts is much better place than carway.

jnemiada

Feb 12, 2014
Quezon City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 04, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 04, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
January 27, 2014
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
March 22, 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
how long does it take to get the PR card after flagpoling?, does anybody here get their PR card already? please share your timeline. thanks

SimonWPG

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Landed on August 8.
Still no update on the PR card.

The Emerson Manitoba boarder officer was rude. His attitude ruined my first day as Permanent Resident.

DAF644

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Card hasn't arrived yet.
According to GCKey, it was issued on Aug 10 and mailed on Aug 13.
Hoping tomorrow is here (one week).
I guess they send through the cheapest option, regular mail without tracking. I wish there was at least tracking for such an important document.

rimpy91

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Card hasn't arrived yet.
According to GCKey, it was issued on Aug 10 and mailed on Aug 13.
Hoping tomorrow is here (one week).
I guess they send through the cheapest option, regular mail without tracking. I wish there was at least tracking for such an important document.
Hii ...within how many weeks they issued the card?