+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issue with WES - Need help : University of Madras

maddie2019

Feb 13, 2019
Hai ,

This is Madhavan. I have same problem. I have sent documents two times (one in July and another in Nov 2018) to WES and they have received too, inturn they have sent mail to Madras university for confirmation through mail. Last week I went to verification department one of the staff told that they will not send any mail confirmation and again they told to pay fees, asked to submit photocopy of my degree marksheet and certificate with envelope duly affix with stamps (Rs. 1400).

I thought that there is some confusion in staff level.

Please help me if you know any alternative way. Did you get confirmation?

my email id is sun_madhavan@hotmail.com

regards,
Madhavan

Hi friends
Today i got an email from USAB director (madras university) about they completed my canada wes secondary verification(before i send email to their different email id with my wes status screen shots).i think my wes status will change soon.i think its better to contact USAB director office for solving this issues.From wes they send verification email after 7 weeks.university staff said they are not responding to these verification via checking or sending documents via postal services(it is very slow) they sending response only through emails.
For your reference :usabdirector@gmail.com.
Anyway after a long struggle and patience my problem is going to solve:).

venkats

Feb 14, 2019
Hai ,

This is Madhavan. I have same problem. I have sent documents two times (one in July and another in Nov 2018) to WES and they have received too, inturn they have sent mail to Madras university for confirmation through mail. Last week I went to verification department one of the staff told that they will not send any mail confirmation and again they told to pay fees, asked to submit photocopy of my degree marksheet and certificate with envelope duly affix with stamps (Rs. 1400).

regards,
Madhavan
Hi Friends,

I too received the mail from WES stating the same reason and my degree is from Madras university,Requesting assistance from the forum members,thanks in Advance

sudeep05

Jan 21, 2019
Hai ,

regards,
Madhavan

Hi Madhavan.,
Please mail to USAB director - usabdirector@gmail.com with your WES reference number and your student ID. He will check the status and provide you with the proper procedure. Then you can take a print out of that mail and check with concerned department head. Please dont check with any staffs over there, as they are not clear of the procedure. Check only with the department heads.

This is the procedure for Distance education MBA as stated by the USAB Director.

WES -->
  • Verification Section -->
  • Controller of Examination ( centenary building, head is a lady, not sure of her name, most of the times, the mail is stuck here. So if you could meet her and ask her to forward the mail to the director, then the director will immediately mail to WES) -->
  • USAB Director ( sends confirmation mail to WES)

Hope it helps

venkats

Feb 14, 2019
Hi Madhavan.,
Please mail to USAB director - usabdirector@gmail.com with your WES reference number and your student ID. He will check the status and provide you with the proper procedure. Then you can take a print out of that mail and check with concerned department head. Please dont check with any staffs over there, as they are not clear of the procedure. Check only with the department heads.

This is the procedure for Distance education MBA as stated by the USAB Director.

WES -->
  • Controller of Examination ( centenary building, head is a lady, not sure of her name, most of the times, the mail is stuck here. So if you could meet her and ask her to forward the mail to the director, then the director will immediately mail to WES) -->

Hope it helps
Hi Sudeep,

Thanks a ton for your resposne,will be grateful if you could provide your comments for the following queries

1, Is there any processing fees to be paid for the university
2, any documents to be carried while visiting the university
3,can any representative visit on behalf of the applicant(currently am not in India)

maddie2019

Feb 13, 2019
Thanks for the consolation words bro. I intend to be prepared for all scenarios, just in case if something goes bad. ;)

And regarding your Other Post about the tracking of Package, I still believe WES accepts one form of verification be its electronic or through courier. Courier might take a long gap. I'd suggest to engage just like aishwarya and get the electronic verification completed i.e, through email.

Are you guys looking for Canada migration through EEP? Do you happen to complete the IELTS exam by any chance? I have my exam scheduled this Saturday. May we can be contact and have a group or community to help each other. ;)

Thanks
Shaanoh
Hai Sharon,
This is Madhavan. I am also waiting for second verification from Madras university. I have sent documents twice to WES. In turn WES has sent mail to University for confirmation through mail. But the staff in verification department said that they will not respond though email again they want me to pay fees, docs photo copies and stamped envelope cover. I am fed up with their response.

Have you got second verification confirmation? How is your IELTS score? Already I have appeared in last year July but didn't score well.

Please do share your process so that we may put our efforts collectively and can help each other. My email id: sun_madhavan@hotmail.com.

maddie2019

Feb 13, 2019
Thanks for the consolation words bro. I intend to be prepared for all scenarios, just in case if something goes bad. ;)

And regarding your Other Post about the tracking of Package, I still believe WES accepts one form of verification be its electronic or through courier. Courier might take a long gap. I'd suggest to engage just like aishwarya and get the electronic verification completed i.e, through email.

Are you guys looking for Canada migration through EEP? Do you happen to complete the IELTS exam by any chance? I have my exam scheduled this Saturday. May we can be contact and have a group or community to help each other. ;)

Thanks
Shaanoh
Hai Shanoh,
This is Madhavan. I am also waiting for second verification from Madras university. I have sent documents twice to WES. In turn WES has sent mail to University for confirmation through mail. But the staff in verification department said that they will not respond though email again they want me to pay fees, docs photo copies and stamped envelope cover. I am fed up with their response.

Have you got second verification confirmation? How is your IELTS score? Already I have appeared in last year July but didn't score well.

Please do share your process so that we may put our efforts collectively and can help each other. My email id is sun_madhavan@hotmail.com

maddie2019

Feb 13, 2019
Hi Madhavan.,

WES -->

Hope it helps
Hai,
Thanks for your reply. Can you please help to reach for regular course verification. I have finished MBA regular.

venkats

Feb 14, 2019
Hi Forum members,

Can anyone help us with some clarification for the secondary verification in Madras university.

1, Is there any processing fees to be paid for the university
2, any documents to be carried while visiting the university
3,can any representative visit on behalf of the applicant

Thanks

Shaanoh

Nov 2, 2018
Hai Shanoh,

Please do share your process so that we may put our efforts collectively and can help each other. My email id is sun_madhavan@hotmail.com
Apologies for responding late. Did you mean you sent the docs twice to WES? Institutes should send the docs. This new rule is from DEC. However, did you visit the university? You had to visit the university and inquire. They do it two ways.

1) usab director responding to email from WES ( which they did in my case).
2) They do it by sending the docs again physically to the WES again. In this case, You have to Pay 1100 twice through online or take DD for 1100 twice.

a)Take the Mark Certificate copy, DD of 1100 ( or online payment receipt), envelope with WES address mentioned, visit the post office opposite to USAB office and take postage stamps of 2400 and attach it on the envelope and give it to the counter 16 I believe where we get seal for the payments we make.
b) One more DD or online payment receipt, convocation certificate copy, envelope along with Stamp for 2400. This should also be dropped at Counter 16.

The reason for two receipts are Convocation and Mark Certificates are verified by two different departments. The envelopes you submit is then sent to the respective department for verification and they verified and sign it again and send it to the WES through Post. This procedure is time taken and might take 2-4 weeks for the docs to reach WES. Email response are the best if you could get it done somehow. But you need to visit the University personally. Emailing usab director helps. If you have questions, please reach out me @ shaanoh1@gmail.com

And in between, I have cleared my IELTS early FEB. Got the desired score. Now waiting for the draw to happen to get the ITA. CRS stands at 449.

Cheers
Shan

Reactions: maddie2019

Shaanoh

Nov 2, 2018
Hi Forum members,

Can anyone help us with some clarification for the secondary verification in Madras university.

1, Is there any processing fees to be paid for the university - If they do through email no fees are required. However, if they do it physically you will need to spend close 7K to get the Sec Verification done. ( 2440*2 for Stamps and 1100*2 for Secondary verification to Univ)

2, any documents to be carried while visiting the university - Again, if email response, none to be carried. If physical, you have to carry copy of all the docs you sent to WES and also two envelopes.

3,can any representative visit on behalf of the applicant - Yes, they can. He/She should carry the WES email. Infact, this email copy is must for everyone who visits Univ for Sec Verificaiton.

Cheers
Shan

Thanks

maddie2019

Feb 13, 2019
Apologies for responding late. Did you mean you sent the docs twice to WES? Institutes should send the docs. This new rule is from DEC. However, did you visit the university? You had to visit the university and inquire. They do it two ways.

1) usab director responding to email from WES ( which they did in my case).
2) They do it by sending the docs again physically to the WES again. In this case, You have to Pay 1100 twice through online or take DD for 1100 twice.

a)Take the Mark Certificate copy, DD of 1100 ( or online payment receipt), envelope with WES address mentioned, visit the post office opposite to USAB office and take postage stamps of 2400 and attach it on the envelope and give it to the counter 16 I believe where we get seal for the payments we make.
b) One more DD or online payment receipt, convocation certificate copy, envelope along with Stamp for 2400. This should also be dropped at Counter 16.

The reason for two receipts are Convocation and Mark Certificates are verified by two different departments. The envelopes you submit is then sent to the respective department for verification and they verified and sign it again and send it to the WES through Post. This procedure is time taken and might take 2-4 weeks for the docs to reach WES. Email response are the best if you could get it done somehow. But you need to visit the University personally. Emailing usab director helps. If you have questions, please reach out me @ shaanoh1@gmail.com

And in between, I have cleared my IELTS early FEB. Got the desired score. Now waiting for the draw to happen to get the ITA. CRS stands at 449.

Cheers
Shan
Hai Shan,

Glad to see your message. First of all, my hearty congratulation for the score level you have achieved. I have done the same process in July 2018 and again Nov 2018 (gave all the docs with Posal cover in Counter no: 16). The cover has been dispatched from University on 27th Dec 2018. WES has got the cover and they have sent email to Madras University on 25-01-2019. After a week, I have met the personnel in Verification department, mentioned my WES reference number. He told that he has received the email from WES. But he said that there is no practice for them to give reply through email. They said that they will respond only through Post (the same process which I had done earlier). I asked them " sir, you are asking me to do the same process which I did earlier twice". But they are very rigid in their word and asked me to repeat the same process for third time and may get succeed in five or six times.

I was fed up in this process and in confusion. I cannot find any way to move this to the next level.

Can you give me a suggestion or help in this regard?

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Madhavan
email: sun_madhavan@hotmail.com

biplab_84

Apr 18, 2019
Hi members,

I started my WES evaluation process a month ago. The university transcripts were accepted and the verification process began. Last night, I received an email stating the following :

"Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES). We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid.

Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents. This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to University of Madras. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.

Response times vary and can take just a few days or can extend to weeks. If we do not receive a response from them within seven weeks, we will automatically send another request. There is nothing that you need to do. This communication is strictly between WES and the institution."

My university- University of Madras.
Degree - BBA and MBA
Full time

Is there anyone else in the same boat or anyone experienced a similar response from WES? I am not sure how effective University of Madras is in responding to such verification requests. Please let me know your thoughts.
It has been 6 months my status is showing on hold. has anyone completed their evaluation from Netaji Subhas Open University, Kolkata? Whenever I contact WES they reply that they have sent an email to the University and whenever I call my University they say they have not received any email or hard copy related to this. I am feeling helpless and frustrated. Can anyone help me please

Onshid3

Apr 20, 2019
Hi members,

I started my WES evaluation process a month ago. The university transcripts were accepted and the verification process began. Last night, I received an email stating the following :

"Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES). We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid.

Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents. This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to University of Madras. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.

Response times vary and can take just a few days or can extend to weeks. If we do not receive a response from them within seven weeks, we will automatically send another request. There is nothing that you need to do. This communication is strictly between WES and the institution."

My university- University of Madras.
Degree - BBA and MBA
Full time

Is there anyone else in the same boat or anyone experienced a similar response from WES? I am not sure how effective University of Madras is in responding to such verification requests. Please let me know your thoughts.
Hi
I also recieved such type of messages, I called University whether they send reply or not. University said that they replied, but WES not accepted their reply, WES resend again for verification twice to University. I called WES customer care and asked that why they are not accepting University reply, WES said that University not sending in specified format.
Does anyone have idea what is the format expecting by WES, they are not disclosing the format to me. I’m not what type of reply was university given to WES.

Shaanoh

Nov 2, 2018
Hi
I also recieved such type of messages, I called University whether they send reply or not. University said that they replied, but WES not accepted their reply, WES resend again for verification twice to University. I called WES customer care and asked that why they are not accepting University reply, WES said that University not sending in specified format.
Does anyone have idea what is the format expecting by WES, they are not disclosing the format to me. I’m not what type of reply was university given to WES.

When my University replied to WES, the person did tell me what he did. WES sends the soft copies of the transcripts in pdf format to the university. They have to download and take prints of the copy again and then stamp it( attest) confirming the authenticity of the certificates and then mail to WES for verification. or atleast thats what my university did.

Hope this helps.

Shan

EE_Square

May 30, 2019
When my University replied to WES, the person did tell me what he did. WES sends the soft copies of the transcripts in pdf format to the university. They have to download and take prints of the copy again and then stamp it( attest) confirming the authenticity of the certificates and then mail to WES for verification. or atleast thats what my university did.

Hope this helps.

Shan

Thanks Shan for your valuable response in this forum.

Do you know to which email ID does WES sends the soft copies of the transcripts ? Since the folks sitting in the USAB office in Madras University doesn't even entertain any questions ask for to them and sad to see they work very mechanical without any emotions.

My application status also says its waiting for the University's return response, when I contacted Madras University for my MBA re-verification, I was Causally asked to pay 1000 Rs for the genuineness certificate and 1400 for the postal Stamp with an envelop each for Mark list statement and the Convocation/degree certificate for MBA with "smilingly the official says who monitors the mailbox.

Its been a couple of week never had a chance to revisit university and its been 6 weeks WES has placed my application on hold for re verification awaits Madras university to respond.

I dont understand why the applicant should bear the cost of re verification and hassle of following up with irresponsible official after paying a hefty amount for ECA and necessary transcript charges.