+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issue with WES - Need help : University of Madras

Sahas84

Aug 8, 2018
Hi members,

I started my WES evaluation process a month ago. The university transcripts were accepted and the verification process began. Last night, I received an email stating the following :

"Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES). We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid.

Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents. This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to University of Madras. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.

Response times vary and can take just a few days or can extend to weeks. If we do not receive a response from them within seven weeks, we will automatically send another request. There is nothing that you need to do. This communication is strictly between WES and the institution."

My university- University of Madras.
Degree - BBA and MBA
Full time

Is there anyone else in the same boat or anyone experienced a similar response from WES? I am not sure how effective University of Madras is in responding to such verification requests. Please let me know your thoughts.

Reactions: Karthick Palani

kunalkhanna

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Request
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
Hi members,

I started my WES evaluation process a month ago. The university transcripts were accepted and the verification process began. Last night, I received an email stating the following :

"Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES). We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid.

Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents. This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to University of Madras. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.

Response times vary and can take just a few days or can extend to weeks. If we do not receive a response from them within seven weeks, we will automatically send another request. There is nothing that you need to do. This communication is strictly between WES and the institution."

Degree - BBA and MBA
Full time

Is there anyone else in the same boat or anyone experienced a similar response from WES? I am not sure how effective University of Madras is in responding to such verification requests. Please let me know your thoughts.
Hi

One of my friend also received the same response but for some other university in Delhi. So he called up WES and they advised him, that if the college did not receive any verification request then some one from the college/university must call WES and complete the verification over the phone.

arvinkumar

Aug 11, 2018
Hi members,

Degree - BBA and MBA
Full time

I m in same situation too..!! still waiting... I contacted University of Madras o and they said it would take 20 days for the document to be received which was sent by WES and i was told to come after some days

Sahas84

Aug 8, 2018
I m in same situation too..!! still waiting... I contacted University of Madras o and they said it would take 20 days for the document to be received which was sent by WES and i was told to come after some days
Hi arvin - Which university you from? Lets connect here or over phone to plan this out.

arvinkumar

Aug 11, 2018
Hi members,

Degree - BBA and MBA
Full time

Any update?

dpsk@depth

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hi guys,

After sending your transcripts, WES will take 22 working days to complete their internal cross verification with university through mail/fax/courier. It internal clarification between only WES and university, as informed by WES Canada as a student you no need to do anything here, just wait until you get confirmation from WES Canada, no need to approach your university because due to confidential may be they won't respond you.

vikas20

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Hi Arvin,
I am facing the same situation. Please advise if I contact WES for finding out which email id or postal address they had send the information.
I seriously doubt my university will send any postal communication to WES as it will cost them money.

Regards,
Vikas

arvinkumar

Aug 11, 2018
I even contacted them and they said Its confidential. Wes will not let us know. I was told to do nothing. And i thought i should sit back and watch. And few days back i got mail from wes requested me to go to University and make payment for verification process. When i contacted the University they said i have to make payment.
Hi Arvin,
I am facing the same situation. Please advise if I contact WES for finding out which email id or postal address they had send the information.
I seriously doubt my university will send any postal communication to WES as it will cost them money.

Regards,
Vikas

Reactions: vikas20

vikas20

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
ohk Thanks.I had observed my WES account message has been changed now.
It says "
Evaluation in Progress

Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time.
Your evaluation is due for completion on 9/21/2018
".

I had not been contacted by my university. Does it happened with you as well?

dpsk@depth

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
ohk Thanks.I had observed my WES account message has been changed now.
It says "
Evaluation in Progress

Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time.
Your evaluation is due for completion on 9/21/2018
".

I had not been contacted by my university. Does it happened with you as well?
Hi,

It means you documents has been accepted by WES and now they are processing your documents and it will three weeks to get complete the process.