+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this IP1 or IP2

nov11

Star Member
Jan 12, 2014
Yes it was. Then it would change to "uploaded" or "reviewed" before it changes back to that status "we don't need additional documents". Again, this is from my experience and what i've seen on this forum.
Also, IP2 would most likely not happen on the same day that med passed
Thanks for the clarification.

gmichelli

Star Member
May 10, 2017
And mine changed to IP2 today! So anxious to get the golden e-mail! Does anyone know about the process for FSW inland? I've seen people here in the forum talking about the different processing stages between FSW-Inland and FSW-Outland.

Thank you!

Abide3000

Dec 16, 2017
i got AOR 23/11/2017
below is my current condition i am IP1 or IP2 medical is still not appoved i am FSWO
Also my background was application in progress and changed on 11/12/2017 to we are processing your background checks

Application/profile details
Where is this application? Details Help
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

saha_pritam

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It is usually assumed that the wording of Background Checks are:

IP1: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
IP2: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need your information.

I am FSW-Inland applicant, AOR date is 25th January.

My profile on 6th Feb at 8.58 PM looked like this:

And my profile on 9th Feb at 8.52 PM looked like this:

The wording of BG seems like this is in the IP2 stage. But isn't it pretty unusual to jump from NA1 to IP2 within a day? Or is there any other catch?

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
It is usually assumed that the wording of Background Checks are:

IP1: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
IP2: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need your information.

I am FSW-Inland applicant, AOR date is 25th January.

My profile on 6th Feb at 8.58 PM looked like this:

And my profile on 9th Feb at 8.52 PM looked like this:

The wording of BG seems like this is in the IP2 stage. But isn't it pretty unusual to jump from NA1 to IP2 within a day? Or is there any other catch?
There is nothing unusual. You can not predict when or how it will change. For me, this happened on the same day. Nothing to worry here.

Rezwan08

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
PNP Inland , AOR February 8 , 2018
BG :N/A
Medical:You do not need a medical
Docs:Additional document you provided are being reviewed

kevkek

Mar 31, 2018
Hi,

I have Jan 27 AOR and the medicals were passed on Feb 8. I m stuck in background check ever since. Is this Ip1 or Ip2?
Any clues what could be the problem or what I can do to get out of this stale mate.

This is the exact status in the website

Application status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview - Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

saha_pritam

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,

I have Jan 27 AOR and the medicals were passed on Feb 8. I m stuck in background check ever since. Is this Ip1 or Ip2?
Any clues what could be the problem or what I can do to get out of this stale mate.

This is the exact status in the website

Application status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview - Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I have the same status. My AOR was on Jan 25 and MEP was on Feb 07. Background check says, "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" since then. I called IRCC about a week ago and according to them my file is with Ottawa VO and background check is being conducted by an external agency (I assume, it's CSIS). They will take the final decision once they get the background check report. So, I guess I am in IP2.

By the way, are you an inland applicant?

kevkek

Mar 31, 2018
I have the same status. My AOR was on Jan 25 and MEP was on Feb 07. Background check says, "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" since then. I called IRCC about a week ago and according to them my file is with Ottawa VO and background check is being conducted by an external agency (I assume, it's CSIS). They will take the final decision once they get the background check report. So, I guess I am in IP2.

By the way, are you an inland applicant?
No I am FSW applicant. I am Indian residing in USA. May I know what number you called?. I might do the same. Did they gave any indication about how long the background check might take?. Thanks a lot for responding.

saha_pritam

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
No I am FSW applicant. I am Indian residing in USA. May I know what number you called?. I might do the same. Did they gave any indication about how long the background check might take?. Thanks a lot for responding.

1-888
-242-2100, this number is for inside Canada only. But I know people were able to call this number from outside using Google hangout dialer or Skype. You might need to try a couple of times because the call center is often very busy and they may hang up on you before connecting to an actual agent.

There is another number of Global affairs Canada, which is not restricted to inside Canada only. You can call there and by following their automated direction, you can eventually reach to IRCC. The number is: 1-343-203-0100

Sks69549

Mar 8, 2018
Guys can anyone please advise what status is this? Thanks a lot!

AOR: 22nd March
Med Passed and ADR: 29th March
ADR submitted : 31 March
Background Status: Your application is in progress. We will let you know when we start. : 22nd March- 11th April
Background Status: We are processing your background check. We will let you know if we need anything. : 12th April