+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this IP1 or IP2

gmichelli

Star Member
May 10, 2017
The question is, was your background check like this since medical pass, or was it something else then changed back to Not applicable and then changed to this current one.
Hi,

I'm not sure. It changed from background not started I think. But I didn't see "not applicable" yet.

Thanks for your reply.

gmichelli

Star Member
May 10, 2017
No, you are not in IP2. You can call and ask, but I had the exact same thing happen and they hadn't even started looking at R10 or eligibility yet. Apparently inland applications are processed differently from outland applications with the background earlier in the sequence. Good luck!
Thank you!!

novabound

Aug 1, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottowa
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Hey! My application skipped NA. It was stuck in IP1 for 30 days (we will let you know when we start) until it just changed to IP2 yesterday (we are currently processing). And I JUST got the PPR. So apparently that does happen. Best of luck!

Reactions: Miracle2018

sharma.tarundeep

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
United States
You can always identify your application status by looking at background check wording.
IP1: (Background check) Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
IP2
: (Background check) We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

gmichelli

Star Member
May 10, 2017
You can always identify your application status by looking at background check wording.
IP1: (Background check) Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
IP2: (Background check) We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Hi, mine said before "we will let you know when we start your background check" and now it says "we are processing your background check" does that really mean I'm in the IP2 stage? I didn't see if the BGC went to N/A before going to "we are processing". I was checking every single day, more than once. I've seen people saying it's still IP1 and that the processing is different for FSW Inland.

Thank you!!

chpegasusiu

Aug 22, 2017
From what I've seen, the wording difference alone was not enough to determine whether an application is in IP1 or IP2...My BG check was saying "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." the entire time after med passed. I believe the additional document status: "We do not need additional documents" along with the typical IP2 wording would indicate true IP2 status of one application, i.e. everything passed and awaiting final review and PPR

Reactions: gmichelli

gmichelli

Star Member
May 10, 2017
The wording on my profile is like this:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Based on that I would assume I'm still on IP1, since the additional documents are being reviewed.

Thanks!

nov11

Star Member
Jan 12, 2014
Hello,

My status is as below. I am FSWO. Is this IP1 or IP2? Meds and BG status updated on the same day.

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. (This is same since AOR)
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Aali005

May 5, 2017
Hello,

My status is as below. I am FSWO. Is this IP1 or IP2? Meds and BG status updated on the same day.

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. (This is same since AOR)
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
It's IP2

Reactions: nov11

chpegasusiu

Aug 22, 2017
Hello,

I wouldn't call it IP2..given your status of additional documents.

chpegasusiu

Aug 22, 2017
Right, but isnt that the default status since AOR?
Yes it was. Then it would change to "uploaded" or "reviewed" before it changes back to that status "we don't need additional documents". Again, this is from my experience and what i've seen on this forum.
Also, IP2 would most likely not happen on the same day that med passed

Reactions: nov11