File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No.I don't have any family members in Canada, just a couple of friends there. It is such a bad news for me as I planned to do it in next month.
I am thinking to make claim in US.but I am poor and sick,and deparately need money aid,which US government does not provide for asylum seekers. Also I know nobody in US. I don't know how I am going to survive there.
Unfortunately Canada is no longer an option for you. You'll need to make the claim in the US. The following US immigration forum has a very active asylum/refugee section. You may find information there which is helpful to you. Good luck.

https://forums.immigration.com/forums/political-asylum-in-usa.117/

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
people think if they can enter canada then they can live the rest of their life with governments money lol
This

This year my financial advisor gave me a heads up I’ll have to cut a cheque roughly five figures in taxes to the Government . I’m fine with that. I’m fortunate . It helps support the social safety net in this country . What I don’t agree with is that if my money is being taken advantage of . As stated the individual knew that in the United States there’s isn’t financial support as in Canada, and that was their reason to arrive in Canada : Economic
And if one person thought that , more than likely others think that as well .

Last edited:
Reactions: itzdrmac

Alice778

Feb 22, 2023
Please do not jump into your conclusion and show your pride.What do you know I have experienced? do you kow what caused my sickness and poverty?

I wouldn't care less to use your money.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please do not jump into your conclusion and show your pride.What do you know I have experienced? do you kow what caused my sickness and poverty?

Focus on your US asylum claim, and research the services you will need. Canada is not an option.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Calm down

YOU posted you required financial aide

YOU did
I didn’t pull that out of thin air “ Alice. “
And you posted your situation on a public forum . Show my “ pride ?”
Haven’t the faintest clue what you’re going on about . Why do you think the Government stopped taking asylum seekers at Roxham?
You may not have wanted my money ,but you probably wouldn’t have turned your nose up at others

Frozen11

May 3, 2021
I am glad that they closed Roxham Road....as I have been waiting 10 months to bring my girlfriend of 5 years and our 16 month old son up from Colombia whilst others just walz across the border!! I actually though of having them go to Roxham Road now as it could fall under family "reunification". Any suggestions??

Reactions: Kaibigan

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am glad that they closed Roxham Road....as I have been waiting 10 months to bring my girlfriend of 5 years and our 16 month old son up from Colombia whilst others just walz across the border!! I actually though of having them go to Roxham Road now as it could fall under family "reunification". Any suggestions??
They would need to make a refugee claim at a port of entry / land border. They would qualify under the Safe Third Country Agreement exception provided you are either common law or married to your girlfriend.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Frozen11

May 3, 2021
We have been together for 5 years..had an apartment in Bogota for 2 of those years...survived Covid apart..LOL...and I have probably been there..not kidding..about 35-40 times in those 5 years. Our son was born in September '21.

For me it is just frustrating with the wait while others get preferential treatment. My son is Canadian by birth through me. I was born here. He wasn't a child soldier throwing grenades at our allies. He has done absolutely nothing wrong except that he was born in Colombia. Maybe I should sue as his rights as a Canadian are being violated. In the meantime, I pay out of pocket for his healthcare which I wouldnt have an issue with if it was temporary.

Like I said...it's just frustrating. But why would my son need to make a refugee claim?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the info BTW..as I said, am just getting frustrated with this whole situation.
Your son is Canadian so cannot claim asylum. All your son needs is a passport. Assume you started the process in 2021, so why would you sue. Was he denied Canadian citizenship? If Canadian and common law then you would have applied for spousal sponsorship too.

Reactions: Simba112

Frozen11

May 3, 2021
It's just taking forever. He is almost 2. We are still waiting for his proof of citizenship. Can't get a passport without that according to the government.