+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it worth cancelling FSW and resubmitting as CEC?

zhroc

Nov 14, 2021
Hey guys,

Hope you all are safe and healthy. I submitted my EE under FSW in Jan, 2021 and have been waiting ever since. I'm now eligible as CEC since I've been working in Canada for over a year with my PGWP. Now is it worth canceling my FSW application and starting a new one as CEC? Or would it help if I contact IRCC and let them know my situation in hope that they would process my FSW application earlier? Any insights or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

My current FSW application:
ITA: Nov 21, 2020
AoR: Jan 18, 2021
Medical passed: Feb 9, 2021
Ghost update: Nov 14, 2021 (Yes, I just saw this today, not sure if it's the 1st GU tho)

Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

miguelca

May 6, 2021
Contacting IRCC will be useless. They will not expedite your application.
For CEC take in consideration there has not being any CEC draw since sept 14… nobody know when they will resume.
also, you are not guaranteed to be invited in the next CEC draw.

Reactions: zhroc

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
You have completed the major stages (ITA, AOR, and Medical). At this point, I fail to understand how withdrawing from this application to a fresh CEC will benefit you in any way, unless IRCC decides that it will simply drop all FSW applications regardless of which phase they are in. And as the post above states, there hasn't been any CEC since September anyways.

I would think that a qualified consultant or lawyer would suggest the same thing. Have you considered contacting IRCC?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
You have completed the major stages (ITA, AOR, and Medical). At this point, I fail to understand how withdrawing from this application to a fresh CEC will benefit you in any way, unless IRCC decides that it will simply drop all FSW applications regardless of which phase they are in. And as the post above states, there hasn't been any CEC since September anyways.

I would think that a qualified consultant or lawyer would suggest the same thing. Have you considered contacting IRCC?
I agree on the point that since CEC draws are not being done right now, cancelling FSW and waiting for a CEC would be a bad idea. So I completely agree with your recommendation.

I do not agree, however, on the point that since all the major stages are completed you are fine. All these stages were completed in March/April 2020 for my application and at this point I do not know how much longer I will have to wait. Probably another 6 months at least. This does not mean that FSW applications will be cancelled (that is not happening), but it may take a very long time before having an answer.

Reactions: Jazkh and zhroc

Usagisan

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hey guys,

Hope you all are safe and healthy. I submitted my EE under FSW in Jan, 2021 and have been waiting ever since. I'm now eligible as CEC since I've been working in Canada for over a year with my PGWP. Now is it worth canceling my FSW application and starting a new one as CEC? Or would it help if I contact IRCC and let them know my situation in hope that they would process my FSW application earlier? Any insights or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Ghost update: Nov 14, 2021 (Yes, I just saw this today, not sure if it's the 1st GU tho)

Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
FYI, many CEC applicants are still waiting for any sorts of updates. My bf is a Sep 2020 CEC outlander applicant. He's still waiting for any sort of updates, not to mention the COPR. I don't understand at all how IRCC are processing things. There's no transparency, no accountability for whatsoever. CEC candidates usually get a response within 3 months, and my bf has been waiting for almost 15 months... and many people who applied in June 2020 are still waiting for A decision.

zhroc

Nov 14, 2021
Thanks very much guys for the reply. Apparently, I had no clue of the pause of the draw for CEC.. Given that situation, I guess I have no better option but to wait for my FSW to be processed.

Hope everyone could get some good news soon!

Usagisan

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Thanks very much guys for the reply. Apparently, I had no clue of the pause of the draw for CEC.. Given that situation, I guess I have no better option but to wait for my FSW to be processed.

Hope everyone could get some good news soon!
hang in there... I really hope for the best for everyone. It's very frustrating to see what's going on. I've contacted my MP and plan to ask him to help check my bf's case. It just doesn't make sense at all.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hey guys,

Background check
Final decision
I donno if you had already taken a decision, but here is my 2 cents.

If you withdraw your application, you will definitely get an invite as you got one in the no class specific draws in 2020. But do you have any idea when there will be another draw? Would that be a CEC draw or No class-specific draw? Is your life hanging while waiting for the PR?
Suppose there is a draw next week for CEC, you will reapply and the entire process may take 4 months (worst case) which would be on March 20 or something. Are you willing to take that risk believing that a CEC draw or no class specific draw would magically happen soon?

Some of us have patience, but if I had been in your situation I wouldn't withdraw unless I know for sure there will be a draw soon and that it would be processed asap. Given how shameless IRCC is, it's up to you to take that risk. Also, I strongly believe you had missed the TR to PR train (if you are eligible). Maybe you would get the PR processed by now.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
If I may add a note: keep in mind of all the documents that expired in the meantime (such as IELTS, Police Certificate etc). Most of them were locked when you applied for FSW, but if you were to re-apply as CEC you would need to provide new ones for sure.

Reactions: zhroc and RSub

zhroc

Nov 14, 2021
I donno if you had already taken a decision, but here is my 2 cents.

If you withdraw your application, you will definitely get an invite as you got one in the no class specific draws in 2020. But do you have any idea when there will be another draw? Would that be a CEC draw or No class-specific draw? Is your life hanging while waiting for the PR?
Suppose there is a draw next week for CEC, you will reapply and the entire process may take 4 months (worst case) which would be on March 20 or something. Are you willing to take that risk believing that a CEC draw or no class specific draw would magically happen soon?

Some of us have patience, but if I had been in your situation I wouldn't withdraw unless I know for sure there will be a draw soon and that it would be processed asap. Given how shameless IRCC is, it's up to you to take that risk. Also, I strongly believe you had missed the TR to PR train (if you are eligible). Maybe you would get the PR processed by now.
Hey thanks for the advice. yeah so I wasn't aware that the draw had been stopped.. And yes, I missed the TR to PR train too :) I decided not to take it because I wasn't aware FSW would take so long. But despite all the regrets, I guess I can blame no one but myself for not doing enough research.

I see you are waiting too. Best of luck!

Reactions: RSub

Thirty30

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
I see people celebrating on Facebook groups every day to have received their PPR. You could be next any day now. dropping out at the stage of "Just wait" to the beginning of creating, waiting, and hoping to get ITA makes no sense whatsoever.

zhroc

Nov 14, 2021
I see people celebrating on Facebook groups every day to have received their PPR. You could be next any day now. dropping out at the stage of "Just wait" to the beginning of creating, waiting, and hoping to get ITA makes no sense whatsoever.
haha thanks, but if the CEC draw were normal, I would consider reapplying actually. Because people told me that FSW had been completely stopped for over a year now, while CEC would typically take about 3 months even during covid.

prakashperam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Hey! What’s your profile?? I’m on study permit finishing college in April’21. I have all the documents ready to apply for express entry. However, I’m not sure if 1 year work permit is sufficient or take another course. I m standing at 440crs and will have 490+ with Canadian degree. Please advise

zhroc

Nov 14, 2021
Hey! What’s your profile?? I’m on study permit finishing college in April’21. I have all the documents ready to apply for express entry. However, I’m not sure if 1 year work permit is sufficient or take another course. I m standing at 440crs and will have 490+ with Canadian degree. Please advise
Hi, given that EE is only accepting PNP at the moment without a clear plan of getting back to normal, I'd say it's safest to make your PGWP as long as you can so that even without PR, you can still legally live and work here. In regards to CRS, I can share that I was invited with CRS 481 back in Nov 2020, but things can be different now. You'll need to compare with recent draws and current pools, to see how much CRS you'll need to be invited. The information can be found on IRCC's website.

zhroc

Nov 14, 2021
Hey channel, just to update, I received my PR confirmation portal email yesterday (Dec 20, 2021) :) So it turned out to be much faster than I expected and is also proof of IRCC working on approving FSW applications. A friend of mine who applied outland 1 month earlier than me also received his final step emails just 2 weeks ago. So hang in there guys! Best of luck with your applications and happy holidays.

Oh btw, I did reach out to IRCC (about 2 weeks ago) to let them know that I'd been working in Canada for over a year and thus asked for possibilities of faster processing. I'm not sure if that really worked or is it just a coincidence given that I saw my first ghost update in Nov already.

Last edited: