no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
13 nov, a day before the visa expires
I think I heard about UK, somewhere.
After reading trackitt, I see a lot of legit people are in trouble too.
This is new reality for Indians, unless you are ROW, it's very difficult to get GC
Deepcur, so what's ur plan, r u in Canada or US.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I think I heard about UK, somewhere.
After reading trackitt, I see a lot of legit people are in trouble too.
This is new reality for Indians, unless you are ROW, it's very difficult to get GC
Deepcur, so what's ur plan, r u in Canada or US.
I just got ppr. Landing only in first quarter of 2018, so I have time till 2021. I'll see how things go in immigration and make a call. By then there will be clarity on what is going to happen with GC system. If nothing happens and if they are sticking to current system, will definitely move. If something changes, will check my prospects with that before moving.

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo transferred to ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
i wish i had time.......
i follow the website OH LAW...they are coming up with HR170.
but all this needs to pass congress, firstly tech companies and universities and hospitals will object to this.
a lot of people work in non profit also....so such a salary is impossible....for schools and univ and if you live in
kentucky or texas or ohio or missouri....90,000 or 100,000 salary is impossible to come up with.....for a lot of them.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjZ7NP387HXAhWpzIMKHdOnA0EQFgg2MAI&url=http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/immigration-canada-2018-1.4371146&usg=AOvVaw29gUluO4dK6r3F2fmOJ08I

(1 million immigrants under Trudeau)

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
i wish i had time.......
i follow the website OH LAW...they are coming up with HR170.
but all this needs to pass congress, firstly tech companies and universities and hospitals will object to this.
a lot of people work in non profit also....so such a salary is impossible....for schools and univ and if you live in
kentucky or texas or ohio or missouri....90,000 or 100,000 salary is impossible to come up with.....for a lot of them.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjZ7NP387HXAhWpzIMKHdOnA0EQFgg2MAI&url=http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/immigration-canada-2018-1.4371146&usg=AOvVaw29gUluO4dK6r3F2fmOJ08I

(1 million immigrants under Trudeau)
That 1 million for 3 years, and there is very minuscule change year on year. They are already letting 250k to 300k since last few years. It is just water is wet claim for the sake for headlines reporting.

But good thing is 60% of that is economic skilled immigration. Compare that with US immigration.. They issue 1 million green cards every year out of which only 140k alone is issued for employment based immigration (mere 14%). Rest of the 86% is given to family, refugee blah blah.

The only problem with Canadian merit based immigration as compared to US immigration is that Canadian immigration does not mandate job offer for getting permanent residency. People like social scientists, civil engineers, chemical engineers, health care professionals etc easily get PR, but jobs for such professions are very hard to come by in any country. Job are either limited or require tough exams to be passed. Even if US allows merit based system without a job offer, we could see plenty of Phd s and doctors driving cabs in US too.

Canadian immigration is in fact lot strict than US in except for this job offer thing.

- Parents sponsorship is uncapped in US, Canada caps them at 10k or so.
- They had kids age for sponsor to be 18, they just made it 22. US already had it as 21.
- No sibling sponsorship in Canada where as US has a quota for it enabling chain migration
- Most importantly on country based discrimination in any stream

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
So I packed everything at home, I still havent made the decision so probably Sunday or Monday, I will make a decision....
When something does not work for so many years, just gotta take a pause and see.....
I will be in US 2-3 times a week in buffalo for school.... Or probably in Seattle, mostly day trips....
So if I can complete my school and get a job around border cities that would be perfect...then I don't mind traveling till I get a citizenship..... hopefully by then they will do something about H1B.
I can get a student loan from Ontario or BC to study in US....so works out....
So not a bad deal, since I wanted to go back to school for masters...
I just have to make that final decision to go there......

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But all the restrictions you mentioned are currenlty being scrutinized. I applied for PR for my parents and we got in 10 months. Also Canada provides full medical coverage to seniors prescription included. US doesn't provide that....not sure if medicaid applies to everyone.

Medical coverage is quite expensive in US. Even for skilled H1B people, it takes years...I had my second stage of Green Card approved and had to wait for another 10 yrs to get my 3rd stage approved. I would be old by then...couldn't handle the stress and decided to go to canada. Being in IT, i had no issues finding a job. Had 3 offers and had to select one.

No appeal that US is the best country but it has its own cons. I never felt included in the society but unlike in canada where people accept you as them...any ways my few cents.

That 1 million for 3 years, and there is very minuscule change year on year. They are already letting 250k to 300k since last few years. It is just water is wet claim for the sake for headlines reporting.

But good thing is 60% of that is economic skilled immigration. Compare that with US immigration.. They issue 1 million green cards every year out of which only 140k alone is issued for employment based immigration (mere 14%). Rest of the 86% is given to family, refugee blah blah.

The only problem with Canadian merit based immigration as compared to US immigration is that Canadian immigration does not mandate job offer for getting permanent residency. People like social scientists, civil engineers, chemical engineers, health care professionals etc easily get PR, but jobs for such professions are very hard to come by in any country. Job are either limited or require tough exams to be passed. Even if US allows merit based system without a job offer, we could see plenty of Phd s and doctors driving cabs in US too.

Canadian immigration is in fact lot strict than US in except for this job offer thing.

- Parents sponsorship is uncapped in US, Canada caps them at 10k or so.
- They had kids age for sponsor to be 18, they just made it 22. US already had it as 21.
- No sibling sponsorship in Canada where as US has a quota for it enabling chain migration
- Most importantly on country based discrimination in any stream

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
But all the restrictions you mentioned are currenlty being scrutinized. I applied for PR for my parents and we got in 10 months. Also Canada provides full medical coverage to seniors prescription included. US doesn't provide that....not sure if medicaid applies to everyone.

Medical coverage is quite expensive in US. Even for skilled H1B people, it takes years...I had my second stage of Green Card approved and had to wait for another 10 yrs to get my 3rd stage approved. I would be old by then...couldn't handle the stress and decided to go to canada. Being in IT, i had no issues finding a job. Had 3 offers and had to select one.

No appeal that US is the best country but it has its own cons. I never felt included in the society but unlike in canada where people accept you as them...any ways my few cents.

It can be stressful 10 years of wait and that too unsure of the future
atleast you could come back on TN or L-1 since you are in IT.
Or work for Canadian company in US, so they could transfer you.
I want to be in the business side of IT, i dont understand IT or CS, nor got the patience
to sit in front of a computer for 10-12 hours......it could be startups and SME, thats the jobs
i am looking for Canada if I dont go to school....in seattle or buffalo.
I still would have to train myself for little tech knowledge.
People keep saying Canadian experience thats all baloney....its the way to put u down......
Ofcourse if you know someone, then its much easier, to get a job.

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
Medical expenses are the worst in US. Just this year we had a baby, so all in all the cost was 10k, which includes... monthly insurance premium and hospital charge....
So 10k is the out of pocket with the monthly premiums.....
The actual bill is almost 40-50k...
All this for US passport for baby.
A lot of lose their house, since they can't afford to pay the premium and insurance.

sahiljain22

Sep 10, 2016
Is it worth it, leaving the life of 14 years in US and moving to Canada
Not sure when GC will come, but definitely don't want to move to India.
Also if the wife is pregnant, would she get any benefits right away or have to wait for few months.
I forgot to mention we have Canadian PR.
When we landed we did not fill out goods to follow form, we actually did but did not include any details
Like what we were going to bring to Canada when we come back the next time.
So we got a car after we did the landing, do you think they will ask us to pay any tax while importing to canada and a lot of other taxes, for which we did not report. (Tv, laptops, furniture)...
Canada has lot of bloody and unnecessary taxes, so just wanna make sure, before I take the step...
It really hurts to leave something u dreamt of since u were a kid.
Is it really worth it?...
I moved to Canada for good after being a PR for 10 years. Took a decent pay cut. Still go to the US a few times a year to shop since the same things are a whole lot more expensive. I also moved when wife was pregnant and paid for the pregnancy and delivery out of pocket. I proudly identify myself as a Canadian - that's what counts!

No one cares about the goods. Customs cracked a few jokes when we finally moved our stuff after many years.

Taxes you gotta live with.

If you dreamt of being an American, don't move here. If Canada is your compromise, you will never be happy here.

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
If you dreamt of being an American, don't move here. If Canada is your compromise, you will never be happy here.[/QUOTE]

I never got what I always wanted, it's been always a sacrifice or compromise....but it has never been a bad one....
Also I need to have a peace of mind, this H1B is ruining everything for me.
It's just becoming tougher and tougher to live here in US, and Trump's new policies are not helping either. My only hope is if Trump makes any changes to the current immigration system, then all H1B have a chance...or else the same VB they keep publishing every month, with back logged dates of 2008 for EB2. The date has not moved much since 2013 ( I am not 100% accurate) on this one.....I guess it will be 2025 till I get the GC. I was expecting in 22 or 23......
Canada is definitely peace of mind when it comes to jobs transferability and growth or career change.

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
I am not able to make it to Canada and will complete 3 years out of the country.
Is there anyway we could apply for H&C, since my wife when she was pregnant, she was considered high risk by Doctors, due to her previous medical issues ( we have doctors letter for high risk), since unsure what treatment she would need, we decided to stay back in Chicago.
We now have the baby born on 29 September and she does not have all vaccinations needed, plus she is so tiny, I am so afraid to move her around like that....US to Canada....It was in the best interest of the daughter to not go and travel and unsure of getting the right medical help or doctor immediately.
Would this make an H&C condition?

Humanitarian and compassionate grounds

People who would not normally be eligible to become permanent residents of Canada may be able to apply on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

Humanitarian and compassionate grounds apply to people with exceptional cases. We assess these applications on a case-by-case basis. Factors we look at include:

• how settled the person is in Canada
  • general family ties to Canada
  • the best interests of any children involved, and
  • what could happen to you if we do not grant the request.

email.6633

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
The first and the foremost reason why i applied for PR is because I saw a family when I was in US who was in H1B and waiting for GC for past 12 years. This guy is 49 and still undergoing stress and cannot switch job & company is utilizing his situation to possible extend. Their elder daughter turned 21. Hence she moved from H4 to F1. Now she will have to follow the entire F1>H1>EAD>GC process. Too much stress for a family.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
The first and the foremost reason why i applied for PR is because I saw a family when I was in US who was in H1B and waiting for GC for past 12 years. This guy is 49 and still undergoing stress and cannot switch job & company is utilizing his situation to possible extend. Their elder daughter turned 21. Hence she moved from H4 to F1. Now she will have to follow the entire F1>H1>EAD>GC process. Too much stress for a family.
"waiting for GC for past 12 years"

How is that even possible? The current priority date for EB3 India is Ooctober 2006 and 2008 for EB2. Assuming he filed in 2005, he should be current by now.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
"waiting for GC for past 12 years"

How is that even possible? The current priority date for EB3 India is Ooctober 2006 and 2008 for EB2. Assuming he filed in 2005, he should be current by now.
I presume he meant 12 years in US including visa time before initiating GC.

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
We have to see who gets the PR first, 49 yr old guy or all of us.That's sucks man, I feel bad for his daughter, she has to go thru the same route like all of us, I guess after living in US for 12 years. Kids aging out is the worst thing happening to h1b, that's the reason I left that miserable country 15 years ago and had my child here, atleast one generation learnt from another and didn't do the same mistake.