+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it really worth it?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
USCIS has started screwing people left and right with complex wage 1, specialty occupation, relevance of education to position held RFEs. They have also issued guidance that they won't be standing behind their previous approval and adjudicate every petition as fresh petition. I am already seeing many extensions,transfers, amendments getting denied irrespective of occupation (came across folks in healthcare), wage level, company (FTE or vendor based). Very scary!

Reactions: Lovely_Wings

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
USCIS has started screwing people left and right with complex wage 1, specialty occupation, relevance of education to position held RFEs. They have also issued guidance that they won't be standing behind their previous approval and adjudicate every petition as fresh petition. I am already seeing many extensions,transfers, amendments getting denied irrespective of occupation (came across folks in healthcare), wage level, company (FTE or vendor based). Very scary!
Yep, I have firsthand accounts too of ex colleagues. Their lawyers saying they have never seen this level of scrutiny in RFEs before. I hope its all just showbaazi for their sake, we will find out in a few weeks/months.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Yep, I have firsthand accounts too of ex colleagues. Their lawyers saying they have never seen this level of scrutiny in RFEs before. I hope its all just showbaazi for their sake, we will find out in a few weeks/months.
May be.. but another good reason to move to Canada.

Right now it is here and there.. what if they change some laws to stop allowing extensions after 6th year even with i140! We never know!

Reactions: thisworks

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo transferred to ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
13 nov, a day before the visa expires
See I heard from lot the business guys about the tax reform, they say it's good and it's good also for tech since they could get atleast 4 Trillion USD
from offshore, seriously it's $4 TN, in that bill there is a provision where Apple and Google and other tech companies wil get the money back, instead of paying 39% tax, the congress is making a deal to lower it to may be one time 15%. Watch what happens these companies get $4 TN back.
Corporate tax rates will be 20%...Right now it's 39%...
A lot of companies moved to Canada for 15% tax rate, like Burger King acquired Tim Hortons.
Tax heavens are made for companies like Apple and Google to park their money. Trump is coming and saying, bring the money back and spend it here. The stock market is $5.5 TN, up after the elections. Trump is a MF genius....
When the economy is great there will be also an immigration reform, it's the Republican agenda. (Immigration not for all, but for some)
Go back in history with Ronald Regan, he did the tax reform and the immigration.....
In all this will he help H1B's, I don't know.....only if there is a shortage there will be a reform for H1B's.
Look they started H1B in 1990....and there was tech boom 7-8 years down the line, every other dude from India, without much experience went to APTECH, NIIT....for tuitions....and with that certificate they came here.....
These people did not know much about IT or CS. Very few people, only in the Bay Area were involved....now it's all over.
The Congress will only do it, till there is a shortage or forthcoming shortage...
So what will all these tech companies do with $4 Trillion.....
AI, Flying cars, blockchain.....all the good stuff.
if US fucks up, like it's doing now, The next boom town is Canadian cities....I saw somewhere that Toronto created more tech jobs than Bay Area and NYC, for a particular month.....
If Canada seizes the opportunity, you could see million dollar houses and ferraris around Waterloo.....

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
See I heard from lot the business guys about the tax reform, they say it's good and it's good also for tech since they could get atleast 4 Trillion USD
from offshore, seriously it's $4 TN, in that bill there is a provision where Apple and Google and other tech companies wil get the money back, instead of paying 39% tax, the congress is making a deal to lower it to may be one time 15%. Watch what happens these companies get $4 TN back.
A lot of companies moved to Canada for 15% tax rate, like Burger King acquired Tim Hortons.
Tax heavens are made for companies like Apple and Google to park their money. Trump is coming and saying, bring the money back and spend it here. The stock market is $5.5 TN, up after the elections. Trump is a MF genius....
When the economy is great there will be also an immigration reform, it's the Republican agenda. (Immigration not for all, but for some)
Go back in history with Ronald Regan, he did the tax reform and the immigration.....
In all this will he help H1B's, I don't know.....only if there is a shortage there will be a reform for H1B's.
Look they started H1B in 1990....and there was tech boom 7-8 years down the line, every other dude from India, without much experience went to APTECH, NIIT....for tuitions....and with that certificate they came here.....
These people did not know much about IT or CS. Very few people, only in the Bay Area were involved....now it's all over.
The Congress will only do it, till there is a shortage or forthcoming shortage...
if US fucks up, like it's doing now, The next boom town is Canadian cities....I saw somewhere that Toronto created more tech jobs than Bay Area and NYC, for a particular month.....
If Canada seizes the opportunity, you could see million dollar houses and ferraris around Waterloo.....
So you mean to say Canada stands a chance to improve only if tax reform fails is it?

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
Only if the US does not get high skilled immigration right...
It does not meet the demand of the FANG, there would a lot of jobs send nearshore(Canada) and offshore.....
Tech will go where talent is and easy to hire rules exist in other countries as well.
I wish I was in tech, it would be much easier...to make the transition into Canada.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
And why do you think the money or jobs offshore would ever come back? How will Google get a top skilled American engineer for $30k per annum (20 lacs in India)

You seem to be staunch Trump supporter.. like a die hard fan for movie hero who would call even colossal flops of an actor as average grosser, and form a opinion only with all positive news of them in media.

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Only if the US does not get high skilled immigration right...
It does not meet the demand of the FANG, there would a lot of jobs send nearshore(Canada) and offshore.....
Tech will go where talent is and easy to hire rules exist in other countries as well.
I wish I was in tech, it would be much easier...to make the transition into Canada.
First of all, I hope you don't write like this in your 'biz-dev/marketing' job. Secondly, Canada is doing very well without the US. Its the fastest growing G7 country and the loonie is up 10% against the USD since the beginning of the year. All of this with record low oil prices! Imagine what will happen when oil goes back up to $100 per barrel (Canada has 3rd largest reserves after Saudi and Venezuela)

Trump is no genius, the markets have been going up non stop since 2009, this is still Obama's economy. A tax cut will no doubt make the stock market go even higher, but what does that mean for the common person? Forget the common person, what about you? If USCIS is serious, you will be discussing all these theoretical concepts sitting in India soon. You are talking about tax reform. What if the RAISE act passes and you don't have enough points, then what will you do?

A lot of desis forget while bashing Canada and glorifying the US, that they are NOT (and probably never will be) Americans. You are a guest worker who can be kicked out tomorrow.

Last edited:

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
I rarely write, I just talk... Make phone calls... and meet people and don't sit in front of the computer for 10-12 hours of the day....to code all day....Nor I have to wake up in the night to take a call from offshore... I can't even imagine how people in 40s and 50s on H1B
Work on computer all day......
Nor I have a boss sitting on my head 24/7. I work hard, I just have to exceed my target every year.......
Yes we are all workers and can be kicked out....But as I said, going to school here and getting a work permit for 5 years is not bad idea also....
Unsure how many of you are willing to do that and it also matters how close your PD is to where you really are in life...
It's good that USCIS is actually cracking down on people..... they shud have done that long time ago.....I say it bring it on... what are you scared of if u are legit.....
Once you take out the element of fear, no one can do anything to you....

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
If your bottom line is economic then places like Canada and Europe aren't appealing to you. It's all good in USA while the tide is in your favor. When it's not you have no society support.

I am reading a person in a h1b/gc limbo with no end in sight supporting trump that couldn't care less about the average person. Demagoguery is indeed powerful specially with the less educated.

If you're happy with the idea of carrying guns, let alone unconcealed I have to break it to you: Canada is not for you.

Reactions: Jakev and thisworks

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I rarely write, I just talk... Make phone calls... and meet people and don't sit in front of the computer for 10-12 hours of the day....to code all day....Nor I have to wake up in the night to take a call from offshore... I can't even imagine how people in 40s and 50s on H1B
Work on computer all day......
Nor I have a boss sitting on my head 24/7. I work hard, I just have to exceed my target every year.......
Yes we are all workers and can be kicked out....But as I said, going to school here and getting a work permit for 5 years is not bad idea also....
Unsure how many of you are willing to do that and it also matters how close your PD is to where you really are in life...
It's good that USCIS is actually cracking down on people..... they shud have done that long time ago.....I say it bring it on... what are you scared of if u are legit.....
Once you take out the element of fear, no one can do anything to you....
So do you think there are no qualified Americans in sales profession to do the work you are doing? I don't think so.

They are issuing that kind of RFEs now. They are asking employers to justify why the petitioned occupation is a specialty occupation. It doesn't matter someone is legitimate or have correct paper work etc or FTE or a contractor.

Reactions: Lovely_Wings

arun2633

Oct 17, 2017
This is still Obama Administration's work. Stock Market has been in the rise since 2008-09, after the worst economic conditions. Trump barely did anything.

On the tax cuts, take it from a guy in Kansas. This 'Republican Idea' of tax cuts ruined this state and bankrupted. Schools have no funds and all business are moving to neighboring Missouri. This Tax Cuts won't work and it has been proven by our Republican Gov Sam Brownback. So if you think this Tax Reform will businesses back, you are just buying into what Fox news is saying and you may want to stop it.

Besides, I don't understand why you are here, in this forum - no offense. Since you don't want to move to Canada and would rather be in US.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
So, today a physician reported RFE for mere location change amendment and a FTE based out of big MNC reported extension denial. Nice work USCIS. :(

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
Deepcur,
USCIS is getting tough.....and all we can do is watch.....i am going back to school....if anything happens...
as i said, you can get 5 years of work permit...after 9 months of schools and some start from day 1.
i have been out of school for 10 plus years, i feel the need to retrain myself...something constructive is better...

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Deepcur,
USCIS is getting tough.....and all we can do is watch.....i am going back to school....if anything happens...
as i said, you can get 5 years of work permit...after 9 months of schools and some start from day 1.
i have been out of school for 10 plus years, i feel the need to retrain myself...something constructive is better...
OPT/CPT is Trump admin radar too. What if they scrap it altogether like UK did? Hope you know their protectionist govt completely removed post graduate work permit.