+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it normal that I have not received my CSQ until now?(Applied on November)

fyt724

Jul 2, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Hi there,

I sent out my documents to apply the CSQ on Nov.20, 2019. It has been 7 months but they said it is still pending. I am worried that am I the only few people who are in this situation. I heard today that dozens of people got the interview request by MIFI today. Here are some information about me so I wonder if anyone are in the same situation as me.

School: EMSB Rosemont Technology Centre
Program: Industrial drafting
Nationality: Chinese
French level: Tefaq B2 for listening and speaking
Application start date: Nov.20

I would be so appreciated if someone can reply me what you think or what you heard of. My friends told me that plenty of people who applied in November is still waiting but I was quite doubt about it.

Edit: Got the interview request by MIFI on July 2nd, 2020. Currently preparing for the upcoming interview. Will update more once it is done!

Last edited:

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi there,

I sent out my documents to apply the CSQ on Nov.20, 2019. It has been 7 months but they said it is still pending. I am worried that am I the only few people who are in this situation. I heard today that dozens of people got the interview request by MIFI today. Here are some information about me so I wonder if anyone are in the same situation as me.

School: EMSB Rosemont Technology Centre
Program: Industrial drafting
Nationality: Chinese
French level: Tefaq B2 for listening and speaking
Application start date: Nov.20

I would be so appreciated if someone can reply me what you think or what you heard of. My friends told me that plenty of people who applied in November is still waiting but I was quite doubt about it.
No, it's not normal. A few from November are still pending. People who applied in Feb/March have received values test mostly and some csq also. Situation is bad coz of covid-19. Wfh has slowed down all the process.

Put across complaint to citizens protector (Google for links)

Contact your local MP also.

jack20

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
21-10-2020
No, it's not normal. A few from November are still pending. People who applied in Feb/March have received values test mostly and some csq also. Situation is bad coz of covid-19. Wfh has slowed down all the process.

Put across complaint to citizens protector (Google for links)

Contact your local MP also.
Its not true that feb/march have received values test. I applied february PEQ workerand sznd already 2 email to MIFI theyre saying because of Covid-19 we cant process fast. My file is not open.
I see here that a lot from Arrima are taking the CSQ in record time after sending the documents but Quebec immigration unfortunately is the worst.

fyt724

Jul 2, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Has anyone here been called to conduct an interview with the MIFI?
Plenty of my Chinese friends. They applied in last November, December, and this January, respectively. Most of them have called or emailed to MIFI to complain the slow process of the CSQ. I don’t know if this is a factor of the interview but this is the truth. I am worried being conducted to interview too although I have not yet complained anything.

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Plenty of my Chinese friends. They applied in last November, December, and this January, respectively. Most of them have called or emailed to MIFI to complain the slow process of the CSQ. I don’t know if this is a factor of the interview but this is the truth. I am worried being conducted to interview too although I have not yet complained anything.
Did they do TEFAQ? If so, where did they do it? Thanks so much !

fyt724

Jul 2, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Did they do TEFAQ? If so, where did they do it? Thanks so much !
According to what they said, all of them have Tefaq b2 listening and speaking. And also some of them studied at EMSB and some of them studied at the French education program. So weird...

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
According to what they said, all of them have Tefaq b2 listening and speaking. And also some of them studied at EMSB and some of them studied at the French education program. So weird...
Thanks! I have always suspected that it depends on the test centre as well... Some places are, allegedly, corrupt. Is there any info on their test centres?

fyt724

Jul 2, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Thanks! I have always suspected that it depends on the test centre as well... Some places are, allegedly, corrupt. Is there any info on their test centres?
They didn’t provide any information on the test centres as far as I know. I think it is not relevant because in the past few months, the MIFI didn’t send any interview letters to anyone because of COVID-19. Only in these few days they began to do that. Some of the candidates even graduated from French training school which didn’t have to past any French tests. For me I took my test on both Canada college and ILSC Montréal. Have you heard of any of your friends received any interview requests? I wanna make sure that not only Chinese students received that. It seems like they plan on make many interviews in the following month and that is by far I am horribly worrying about.

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
I haven’t met anyone, personally, who have been invited to this interview. But that’s probably because I don’t know anyone who applied under the PEQ in general.

A friend of mine and I both applied in mid-May. We are both graduate students who have TEFAQ results from McGill. So far we haven’t heard back from MIFI.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Its not true that feb/march have received values test. I applied february PEQ workerand sznd already 2 email to MIFI theyre saying because of Covid-19 we cant process fast. My file is not open.
I see here that a lot from Arrima are taking the CSQ in record time after sending the documents but Quebec immigration unfortunately is the worst.
I said 'mostly' and not 'all'.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
If someone got B2 genuinely, they shouldn't be worried about interview. Seems MIFI found corrupt practices that some students indulge in at some centers. Just guessing.

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
They didn’t provide any information on the test centres as far as I know. I think it is not relevant because in the past few months, the MIFI didn’t send any interview letters to anyone because of COVID-19. Only in these few days they began to do that. Some of the candidates even graduated from French training school which didn’t have to past any French tests. For me I took my test on both Canada college and ILSC Montréal. Have you heard of any of your friends received any interview requests? I wanna make sure that not only Chinese students received that. It seems like they plan on make many interviews in the following month and that is by far I am horribly worrying about.
By the way, did anyone among the people you mentioned complain to the Protecteur du Citoyen?

jack20

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
21-10-2020
I said 'mostly' and not 'all'.
Yes i saw that. I have C1 and B2 almost to C1 and the last other 3 time that i did the Tefaq i always took the b2 but as i said before the Québec immigration is the worst.
Your right too for the cases when MIFI have doubts about some language center as they abuse...
Maybe is that we only know this...
They say 20 business day and after they hoes 4-6months and more and the worst here is that in my case i have to show proof of CSQ to IRCC with a date that they send.
The victim here all the time are the immigrants and this is not fair as if we dont respect the time and the conditions that they put were out...
And the worst part is that to them nothing happen they keep doing the job like nothing happen.
A country like Canada and a big province like Québec must have a office that for this cases when the Clients in this case us dont have to be victim of MIFI and to do complaints.
I dont know mutch about the other sector of Quebec but Immigration is disaster

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Yes i saw that. I have C1 and B2 almost to C1 and the last other 3 time that i did the Tefaq i always took the b2 but as i said before the Québec immigration is the worst.
Your right too for the cases when MIFI have doubts about some language center as they abuse...
Maybe is that we only know this...
They say 20 business day and after they hoes 4-6months and more and the worst here is that in my case i have to show proof of CSQ to IRCC with a date that they send.
The victim here all the time are the immigrants and this is not fair as if we dont respect the time and the conditions that they put were out...
And the worst part is that to them nothing happen they keep doing the job like nothing happen.
A country like Canada and a big province like Québec must have a office that for this cases when the Clients in this case us dont have to be victim of MIFI and to do complaints.
I dont know mutch about the other sector of Quebec but Immigration is disaster
I agree with you completely. I escaped from Quebec but my gf is still stuck there, just like you.

MIFI is a joke but some rich students have found ways to get B2 and because of them rest also suffer.

Hang in there.
All the best to you.