+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IS AMIE course (Institution of Engineers India) valid for CANADIAN FSW program

gunjan shah

Jan 18, 2019
as per new rule of WES, the transcript should be sent to them directly by the institution only. so anybody knows how much amount of DD ( in Indian rupee ) we have to attach with the form ?
The fee for issuing transcript is Rs. 525/- per transcript, if you wish us to send the transcript(s) to any Indian address (whether to your address in India for onward despatch to the destination from your end or directly to the organisation / institution in India). If you wish us to send the transcript to any organisation / institution abroad directly then the fee is Rs 1050/- per transcript. In case of candidates residing abroad, the fee for the transcript will be USD50 (whether you wish us to send the transcript(s) to any Indian address or foreign address).

The amount is required to be sent by demand draft in favour of “The Institution of Engineers (India)”, payable at Kolkata, alongwith the filled-in form for TRANSCRIPT (which is being sent to you as an attachment or alternately you may down load the form from the website of this institution www.ieindia.org, under the tab “Academics” click “Downloads” and download it from “Application Form for Duplicate Marksheet/Certificate/Transcript”) and the photocopies of pass marksheets of Sections A & B Examinations, and the complete mailing address to which the transcript is required to be sent, to the following address:

Director (EEA)

The Institution of Engineers (India)

8, Gokhale Road

Kolkata 700 020

Thanks

Anshuman
i didnt found anywhere on the site the amont 1050 INR . and also when i call to institution of engineers they are saying all mentioned on the site. so is it confirm that we required only dd of 1050 INR to send trancript directly to WES from IE .

KGoel

May 15, 2018
as per new rule of WES, the transcript should be sent to them directly by the institution only. so anybody knows how much amount of DD ( in Indian rupee ) we have to attach with the form ?

i didnt found anywhere on the site the amont 1050 INR . and also when i call to institution of engineers they are saying all mentioned on the site. so is it confirm that we required only dd of 1050 INR to send trancript directly to WES from IE .
You need to attach a draft equivalent of 50 USD (approx Rs 3500) to send transcripts to International address. This is mentioned on their website, right beside where 525 is mentioned for India address

MAnkit

Dec 13, 2018
Guys ,
Am sharing my recent experience on this WES assessment for IEI India :

1. I got my WES assessment for AMIE in January 2019 . Had submitted documents to WES in October 2018. Contacted IEI in August. At that time applicants had an option of submitting sealed documents directly to WES. (NOTE : Policy has changed now.)
2. Contact below mentioned landline & email for additonal details in IEI :
Ph. No. 033-40106303
verification.noc@ieindia.org
3. I sent zerox and DD to below mentioned address :
Education, Examinations & Accreditation Department (EE&A)
8 Gokhale Road, Kolkata 700020

4. I had made a DD of INR 525 in order to get "Transcript of Sec A & B"
Available on below link :
https://www.amiestudycircle.com/download/duplicate_certificates.pdf
5. I have done Diploma and then Mechanical Engineering from AMIE.
WES gave following assessment :
Canadian Equivalency Summary : Diploma (2 years) and Bachelors Degree (4 years)
Canadian Equivalency in Credential analysis for diploma : Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
Canadian Equivalency in Credential analysis for AMIE : Bachelors Degree (4 years)

6. Overall process took 4 months as it was the first time WES cross verified with IEI and IEI took 45 days to respond on mail
7. I have applied as "Two or more certificates" based on my Visa Agent assessment.
Yet to get Visa. Applied Visa on March 11th. Visa expected by June/July end.
Will update if Two or More certificates accepted by ICCRC or not only when I receive VISA.
Based on WES assessment ; should not be an issue.
8. No need for going to IEI office in Kolkata ; all documentation can be done by correspondence.

NOTE : WES process has changed and documents needs to be sent by IEI directly now.
Please do not ask any additional questions as i do not have more information to share.
Will update status upon receipt of Visa.

Last edited:

kpunjabi28

Mar 14, 2019
India
Hey friends please resolve my query

What is the difference between associate certificate and associate member certificate

In 2016 when I passed my section B i got provisional certificate and mark sheet of section B and after few days i got amie degree certificate

Is it mandatory to apply associate member certificate first and then apply for transcripts

Ronav$12

Mar 29, 2019
Hey friends please resolve my query

What is the difference between associate certificate and associate member certificate

In 2016 when I passed my section B i got provisional certificate and mark sheet of section B and after few days i got amie degree certificate

Is it mandatory to apply associate member certificate first and then apply for transcripts
If you found your answer kindly tell me also.because I have similar case as you mentioned

s.gill

Aug 23, 2018
Hi Friends,

An update. WES assessment recieved!

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY:
Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

This for for my 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering + AMIE in mechanical engineering.
Thanks for sharing the report with us it's really helpful , could you please let us know when did you pass out AMIE both sec -A & B since post 2013 AMIE recognition is not confirmed with AICTE,

Your response will be highly appreciated !

s.gill

Aug 23, 2018
Guys ,

1. I got my WES assessment for AMIE in January 2019 . Had submitted documents to WES in October 2018. Contacted IEI in August. At that time applicants had an option of submitting sealed documents directly to WES. (NOTE : Policy has changed now.)
Ph. No. 033-40106303

Canadian Equivalency in Credential analysis for diploma : Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
Canadian Equivalency in Credential analysis for AMIE : Bachelors Degree (4 years)

6. Overall process took 4 months as it was the first time WES cross verified with IEI and IEI took 45 days to respond on mail
7. I have applied as "Two or more certificates" based on my Visa Agent assessment.
Will update if Two or More certificates accepted by ICCRC or not only when I receive VISA.
8. No need for going to IEI office in Kolkata ; all documentation can be done by correspondence.

NOTE : WES process has changed and documents needs to be sent by IEI directly now.
Please do not ask any additional questions as i do not have more information to share.

Thanks for sharing the information , it means a lot to us. could you please let us know when did you completed AMIE as we all know AMIE is recognized with AICTE till 2013 after that it's recognition case is pending in Delhi high court , my only query is whoever would be pass out after 2013 , WES recognize their degrees ?

s.gill

Aug 23, 2018
Thanks for sharing the information , it means a lot to us. could you please let us know when did you completed AMIE as we all know AMIE is recognized with AICTE till 2013 after that it's recognition case is pending in Delhi high court , my only query is whoever would be pass out after 2013 , WES recognize their degrees ?
Can anybody confirm??

MAnkit

Dec 13, 2018
Thanks for sharing the report with us it's really helpful , could you please let us know when did you pass out AMIE both sec -A & B since post 2013 AMIE recognition is not confirmed with AICTE,

Your response will be highly appreciated !
S.gill - Please stop spreading panic/rumors without having much understanding. AMIE is still recognized. WES still has a direct option of selecting AMIE as one of the options of Graduation from India.
All is well with AMIE as far as WES assessment and Canada immigration is concerned
(I completed AMIE in 2008)

Reactions: avtar5366

MAnkit

Dec 13, 2018
Guys ,

Ph. No. 033-40106303

Update on AMIE equivalency for Canada PR application - 25th August 2019
Guys ...I received my PR today
I had applied AMIE as - " Two or more certificates" since my WES gave feedback - " Diploma (2 years) and Bachelors Degree (4 years) "
This is an excellent news for all AMIE guys as this would give you points equal to PG candidates (additional 7 points as compared to Graduate ones)
All the best to you guys. Go ahead with confidence and apply for WES assessment.
(I wish I had this clarity when I had applied a year back )
Please do not ask additional questions as I do not have any more information to share.

punit1183

Sep 30, 2019
Guys ,

Ph. No. 033-40106303

While filling in the form for the evaluation, what did you fill in the "Years Attended" tab?

sujaiganesh

Oct 2, 2019
Update on AMIE equivalency for Canada PR application - 25th August 2019
Guys ...I received my PR today
I had applied AMIE as - " Two or more certificates" since my WES gave feedback - " Diploma (2 years) and Bachelors Degree (4 years) "
This is an excellent news for all AMIE guys as this would give you points equal to PG candidates (additional 7 points as compared to Graduate ones)
All the best to you guys. Go ahead with confidence and apply for WES assessment.
(I wish I had this clarity when I had applied a year back )
Please do not ask additional questions as I do not have any more information to share.

Really useful. Thanks for the details. I am also holding Diploma in ECE and AMIE degree, I would like to apply for WES . Can any one advise the procedure ? For only AMIE I got clarity to approach IEI to send our transcript to WES directly, but for adding Diplamo what is the procedure ?

Jun 15, 2018
After High School & Intermediate i completed my 3 years full time Diploma in Civil Engineering and started my job. With my job i completed my part time Associate degree AMICE(I) from The Institution of Civil Engineers (India) in 2017 (admission in summer 2014)...now i have 7 years work experience in civil engineering works...i want to move Canada on PR Express Entry Programme...Whether my degree AMICE(I) will be considered or not because it is an Associate degree & part time education with job. One another thing i want to know whether i will have to also submit my High School & Intermediate document besides sending my diploma & degree only for ECA process...WES is not considering AMICE whether IQAS and some other programme have option for Associates degee for ECA. after submitting document WES removes AMICE for document to be sent list...my age is 29 & i am single and i have permanent job in India...what is the advice for me for immigration or carrier in Canada.