+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IS AMIE course (Institution of Engineers India) valid for CANADIAN FSW program

AmarPR

Oct 15, 2019
Update on AMIE equivalency for Canada PR application - 25th August 2019
Guys ...I received my PR today
I had applied AMIE as - " Two or more certificates" since my WES gave feedback - " Diploma (2 years) and Bachelors Degree (4 years) "
This is an excellent news for all AMIE guys as this would give you points equal to PG candidates (additional 7 points as compared to Graduate ones)
All the best to you guys. Go ahead with confidence and apply for WES assessment.
(I wish I had this clarity when I had applied a year back )
Please do not ask additional questions as I do not have any more information to share.
Hello MAnkit,
I have a Small query as that has not been mentioned/answered by you or anyone in this thread. How did you sent IEI & Diploma transcripts to WES..? Since last December, wes is accepting transcripts only sent by institute directly. MSBTE denies to sent any documents to abroad but IEI agreed to sent them to wes. What should I do in this case.? Shall I get transcripts from both institutes to my address & then send to WES..?? I mean both the transcripts should reach there at same time in same envelope.. correct..?? Please guide on this...

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi what to fill in the type of university
Wether to fill as professional or university course
If it was a Graduate or post graduate degree then university else technical institute name

Sreejith mhn

May 12, 2020
No need to send any envelopes. They put sealed transcript in their envelope and put that packet in another envelope of IEI and despatch it to you.
Sir.i am willing to study in canada.i am not having semester wise certificate of amie sec a and sec.b.i have consolidate certificate of both a and b. Is Sem wise certificate is required for canada student visa? Pls reply.my numberbis 9745513681.my e mail id sreejithmhn08@gmail.com..pls send ur number or pls reply to this comment..

Sreejith mhn

May 12, 2020
Guys ,
Am sharing my recent experience on this WES assessment for IEI India :

1. I got my WES assessment for AMIE in January 2019 . Had submitted documents to WES in October 2018. Contacted IEI in August. At that time applicants had an option of submitting sealed documents directly to WES. (NOTE : Policy has changed now.)
2. Contact below mentioned landline & email for additonal details in IEI :
Ph. No. 033-40106303
verification.noc@ieindia.org
3. I sent zerox and DD to below mentioned address :
Education, Examinations & Accreditation Department (EE&A)
The Institution of Engineers (India)
8 Gokhale Road, Kolkata 700020

4. I had made a DD of INR 525 in order to get "Transcript of Sec A & B"
Available on below link :
https://www.amiestudycircle.com/download/duplicate_certificates.pdf
5. I have done Diploma and then Mechanical Engineering from AMIE.
WES gave following assessment :
Canadian Equivalency Summary : Diploma (2 years) and Bachelors Degree (4 years)
Canadian Equivalency in Credential analysis for diploma : Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
Canadian Equivalency in Credential analysis for AMIE : Bachelors Degree (4 years)

6. Overall process took 4 months as it was the first time WES cross verified with IEI and IEI took 45 days to respond on mail
7. I have applied as "Two or more certificates" based on my Visa Agent assessment.
Yet to get Visa. Applied Visa on March 11th. Visa expected by June/July end.
Will update if Two or More certificates accepted by ICCRC or not only when I receive VISA.
Based on WES assessment ; should not be an issue.
8. No need for going to IEI office in Kolkata ; all documentation can be done by correspondence.

NOTE : WES process has changed and documents needs to be sent by IEI directly now.
Please do not ask any additional questions as i do not have more information to share.
Will update status upon receipt of Visa.
Hi..can u pls tell what are the documents should i used to getting a canadian student visa.? Pls reply sir..my number is 9745513681, id : sreejithmhn08@gmail.com

Sreejith mhn

May 12, 2020
Hi pls msg to me..9745513681.pls..help
To all who look for WES Canada assessment,

You have to obtain attested and sealed copies of all your certificates and marksheets from IEI kolkata & send it to WES Canada.

However, it looks like WES doesn't consider those who don't have their Associate Membership (AM).
Though I had sent attested and sealed copies of AMIE certificate ( the one describing that you have passed sections A & Section B) and all individual marksheets, they accepted only marksheets and asked me to submit copy of Associate Membership (AM) certificate. IEI didn't tell me this either, when I asked for attested and sealed documents for WES assessment. Recently, I have became AM (2005 passed out) and heard that we have to apply for it separately. So applied for it. Now I have to send the copy of it to WES after receiving it (according to my understanding, as I haven't got any information from others). (Had to make two up & down journeys between kerala & kolkata to understand this much !)

Good luck !

Arun.K.K
Kerala

TaniyaB

Jan 29, 2021
Update on AMIE equivalency for Canada PR application - 25th August 2019
Guys ...I received my PR today
I had applied AMIE as - " Two or more certificates" since my WES gave feedback - " Diploma (2 years) and Bachelors Degree (4 years) "
This is an excellent news for all AMIE guys as this would give you points equal to PG candidates (additional 7 points as compared to Graduate ones)
All the best to you guys. Go ahead with confidence and apply for WES assessment.
(I wish I had this clarity when I had applied a year back )
Please do not ask additional questions as I do not have any more information to share.
Hey Ankit,
Many Congratulations. Just had a query that if you pursued your diploma after 10th? Also, from where your diploma was.?

May 24, 2021
Dear sir i m completed Diploma in civil engineering 3 year after completed AMIE in 2019 now i want do my WES assessment for diploma certificate & AMIE certificates . i have some query about that;
1. Its mandatory to send Two transcript (diploma & AMIE ) in one courier? because IEI send directly to WES office address & MSBTE Not send diploma transcript in WES Office.
2. So what document required to send (IEI) KOLKATA.?
3. Now i m living in dubai please give me any contact number person who are completed AMIE transcript successfully send in WES assesment body
4. My Email id- tusharv1311@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2021
Hii I have three year diploma in electrical and have completed my amie in June 2020 and want to apply for ECA from WES could anyone suggest me that with my amie transcript of section A and B the original associate member certificate have to be attached or copy of associate member certificate to be attached bcoz there is not any option of transcript of associate member certificate in form of application applied for transcripts.

Jun 17, 2021
What I had sent to WES:

1. Package received from Institute of Engg ( transcript in sealed envelope)
2. Section A & B completion certificate (not mandatory)
3. Associate certificate (mandatory)

[Along with my diploma transcript set]

All this put in a big envelope.

Hope this helps
Have you sent original associate member certificate or attested copy separately.

MAnkit

Dec 13, 2018
Guys,
Answering some queries in the thread :
1. I had got my transcripts from both IEI and from Diploma institute to my home. Then clubbed both and sent out to WES.
2. I did diploma after 10th

I see about 8 to 10 people have added comments after mine. All have only asked questions. Am assuming all have got WES assessment by now. Be courteous to people in pipeline and share your experiences here. Will make their life easier. I wish I had my predecessors sharing info when I started my process

MAnkit

Dec 13, 2018
Guys.
Golden tip for people who want to pursue P.Eng certification after landing in Canada.
Do not apply for PEO or Alberta. Try BC instead.
I tried PEO and they assigned me 10 subjects OR Interview. I got this information after spending 18 months in process (longer due to COVID)
I then applied EGBC and they assigned me 5 subjects OR Interview. ( NOTE : Non - CAEB Engineers usually get minimum 5 subject option only)
EGBC application website even has an option of choosing IEI/AMIE.
This message might save you at least 1 year of waiting and subsequent heart burn.

NOTE : My interview with EGBC is still to be scheduled. Will update progress in 6 months. Will share my P.Eng journey ( If I become successful)
NOTE 2 : People who are not yet in Canada and have not researched about P.Eng should not waste everyone's time by asking basic questions. Please do some research online before asking others.

May 27, 2022
Guys ,

1. I got my WES assessment for AMIE in January 2019 . Had submitted documents to WES in October 2018. Contacted IEI in August. At that time applicants had an option of submitting sealed documents directly to WES. (NOTE : Policy has changed now.)
Ph. No. 033-40106303

Canadian Equivalency in Credential analysis for diploma : Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
Canadian Equivalency in Credential analysis for AMIE : Bachelors Degree (4 years)

6. Overall process took 4 months as it was the first time WES cross verified with IEI and IEI took 45 days to respond on mail
7. I have applied as "Two or more certificates" based on my Visa Agent assessment.
Will update if Two or More certificates accepted by ICCRC or not only when I receive VISA.
8. No need for going to IEI office in Kolkata ; all documentation can be done by correspondence.

NOTE : WES process has changed and documents needs to be sent by IEI directly now.
Please do not ask any additional questions as i do not have more information to share.
Guys ,

Ph. No. 033-40106303

Dear bro,
Please share your contact number to me.
Send your number to my number. 8919107372... Please help me

NikhilK

Mar 14, 2024
Hi Ankit,

I applied for ECA from WES for AMIE.
status says "we are analyzing and evaluating your documents."

I need some serious help kindly share me your WhatsApp number on this number-+971-567891663.
I will only take 15mins of your time. It would be a huge help.

Last edited: