+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC written Authorization letter

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
Not yet, i am also waiting for a response. Since the restrictions are eased I am hoping it will be a postive response

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
thought I’ll share some positivity here
Got my travel authorisation approved under extended family member category
I have trv in progress where I’m asked for passport submission now
Applied on May 14
Received approval on June 1
Reason stated - for mental stability and apply marriage license in canada

Attached detailed reason for travel doc, fiancé passport, PR, my payslip

Had it mentioned in detailed reason for travel doc that I’d be staying at fiancé’s and I’m financially independent to take care of my own expenses
Hope it helps
Good luck and hope you will get yours soon
Did you apply using the webform?

Gset

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and seek some advise.
I am on a work permit and waiting for my PR in Quebec. I wanted to invite my single mother from India and thus needed written authorization from IRCC. She already has 10 yr visitor visa.
I already requested 4 times since Dec 2020 every 2 months and it’s always rejected stating that travel reason is optional.
Q1. Do you think that’s these rejections could impact the visitor visa? Maybe they get pissed and take adverse decision.
Q2. We had a baby last month here in Canada. As now she is a Canadian citizen, can our case fall into extended family member of Canadian? Minors can invite grandparents and travel reason doesn’t need to be justified if staying more than 15 days.
please advise. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and seek some advise.
I am on a work permit and waiting for my PR in Quebec. I wanted to invite my single mother from India and thus needed written authorization from IRCC. She already has 10 yr visitor visa.
I already requested 4 times since Dec 2020 every 2 months and it’s always rejected stating that travel reason is optional.
Q1. Do you think that’s these rejections could impact the visitor visa? Maybe they get pissed and take adverse decision.
Q2. We had a baby last month here in Canada. As now she is a Canadian citizen, can our case fall into extended family member of Canadian? Minors can invite grandparents and travel reason doesn’t need to be justified if staying more than 15 days.
please advise. Thanks.
1) No - this won't impact her existing TRV.
2) No harm in trying.

Reactions: Gset

Lkr92

Aug 11, 2018
It has been 50 days passed the time I applied for the Authorization letter (I do have VISA) should I resend a new request? The response to general follow up webform was just a general response to wait.
What is your visa category?

canadian14

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 20, 2014
AOR Received.
PER received: Sept. 10, 2014
Med's Request
April 30, 2015
Med's Done....
May 5, 2015 (3rd line in ecas): May 20, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 27, 2015 Decision Made: June 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Sept. 22, 2015
Hi everyone! I’m kinda new to this whole travelling thing during the pandemic. Here’s my situations..
I am a Canadian citizen and gave birth 11 months ago here in Canada. My husband is an American citizen. He is wanting to go here in Canada to visit me and our daughter as he hasn’t seen my daughter personally ever since she was born. He’s planning to come over on my daughter’s first birthday. I have read that for an immediate family of Canadian citizens and PRs, no need to request a letter from IRCC. Did my understanding serves me right?? Also, since my husband works as a doctor in the US, he can’t go on leave for over 14 days which the Canada requires the visitor to stay Atleast 15 days. Is visiting his daughter for the first time and reuniting with his family considered non discretionary?? I’m overly anxious that my husband will be denied entry. I’m hoping someone could shed a light on me. Thanks!

Lkr92

Aug 11, 2018
Hi everyone! I’m kinda new to this whole travelling thing during the pandemic. Here’s my situations..
I am a Canadian citizen and gave birth 11 months ago here in Canada. My husband is an American citizen. He is wanting to go here in Canada to visit me and our daughter as he hasn’t seen my daughter personally ever since she was born. He’s planning to come over on my daughter’s first birthday. I have read that for an immediate family of Canadian citizens and PRs, no need to request a letter from IRCC. Did my understanding serves me right?? Also, since my husband works as a doctor in the US, he can’t go on leave for over 14 days which the Canada requires the visitor to stay Atleast 15 days. Is visiting his daughter for the first time and reuniting with his family considered non discretionary?? I’m overly anxious that my husband will be denied entry. I’m hoping someone could shed a light on me. Thanks!
Hi, you are right, Citizens from US who are reuniting with family members does not require a letter of authorization, and i am certain your husband as a doctor might have got fully vaccinated therefore he may be excempt from the 14 day mandatory quarantine from July 5th. I am not sure whether they've changed the 15 days minimum stay rule, however, is there any possibility that your husband can at least get a leave of 21 days by explaining his situation ? So his chances will increase. Maybe if he explains the situation that as he is a doctor(he cant get long leaves) then probably they will understand at the POE, but it all depends on the agents decision at the border. I wish your husband gets to reunite with you and daughter very soon, i know how tough these separations are. Don't worry, chances are high that he can reunite with you.

canadian14

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 20, 2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
April 30, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Sept. 22, 2015
Hi, you are right, Citizens from US who are reuniting with family members does not require a letter of authorization, and i am certain your husband as a doctor might have got fully vaccinated therefore he may be excempt from the 14 day mandatory quarantine from July 5th. I am not sure whether they've changed the 15 days minimum stay rule, however, is there any possibility that your husband can at least get a leave of 21 days by explaining his situation ? So his chances will increase. Maybe if he explains the situation that as he is a doctor(he cant get long leaves) then probably they will understand at the POE, but it all depends on the agents decision at the border. I wish your husband gets to reunite with you and daughter very soon, i know how tough these separations are. Don't worry, chances are high that he can reunite with you.
yes he is fully vaccinated with Pfizer. Since he is in a training program, my husband is only allowed to have a 14 days off in a year. We were actually surprised that he was granted 12 days. The only thing that we can think of right now is to ask a letter from his hospital about his allowed days off of work and that it is impossible for him to stay in Canada for 15 days. I have read that a visitor must stay in Canada Atleast for 15 days with a complete quarantine plan in case the swab result upon arrival came back positive. But I also read that for people staying for less than 14 days, should show proof that the travel was non discretionary. I don’t think family reunification is considered an essential travel based on what I read. I hoping for the a positive outcome on this. It’s just so hard specially we spent our lifetime together as an LDR couple and having our first child not being able to spend time as a family really breaks my heart.

Lkr92

Aug 11, 2018
yes he is fully vaccinated with Pfizer. Since he is in a training program, my husband is only allowed to have a 14 days off in a year. We were actually surprised that he was granted 12 days. The only thing that we can think of right now is to ask a letter from his hospital about his allowed days off of work and that it is impossible for him to stay in Canada for 15 days. I have read that a visitor must stay in Canada Atleast for 15 days with a complete quarantine plan in case the swab result upon arrival came back positive. But I also read that for people staying for less than 14 days, should show proof that the travel was non discretionary. I don’t think family reunification is considered an essential travel based on what I read. I hoping for the a positive outcome on this. It’s just so hard specially we spent our lifetime together as an LDR couple and having our first child not being able to spend time as a family really breaks my heart.
Yes, the best solution is for him to get a letter from his training , verifying that he is only granted leave for 14 days per year and that it is practically impossible to gain more, this might be useful at POE. I haven't looked into it much, but there is another clause for to let in someone under compassionate grounds, so probably you may qualify for that...also i assume, they may loosen up the restrictions further after July 5th, so there is lot to hope for than worry.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would be much easier for you to go to the US since I assume you are currently on mat leave if he can't stay for 15 days. Would add that it will raise quite a lot of red flags that you are not living together especially since you had a child. It wouldn't be that hard for you to join him in the US.

canadian14

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 20, 2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
April 30, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Sept. 22, 2015
Would be much easier for you to go to the US since I assume you are currently on mat leave if he can't stay for 15 days. Would add that it will raise quite a lot of red flags that you are not living together especially since you had a child. It wouldn't be that hard for you to join him in the US.
the only thing that’s holding us back from travelling is our daughter’s safety. We just want to make sure that she’ll be safe from this pandemic. Of course travelling with an infant is such a hard thing to do specially with the situation right now. Instead of just thinking about your own (proper sanitizing, not holding your face, etc), I might somehow overlook something. My daughter likes holding stuff and putting everything in her mouth.

canadian14

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 20, 2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
April 30, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Sept. 22, 2015
Yes, the best solution is for him to get a letter from his training , verifying that he is only granted leave for 14 days per year and that it is practically impossible to gain more, this might be useful at POE. I haven't looked into it much, but there is another clause for to let in someone under compassionate grounds, so probably you may qualify for that...also i assume, they may loosen up the restrictions further after July 5th, so there is lot to hope for than worry.
[/QUOTE

I’ll try to look into that. This whole thing just doesn’t have any assurance right now. Everything is so vague. Im just hoping things will get easier for everybody.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
the only thing that’s holding us back from travelling is our daughter’s safety. We just want to make sure that she’ll be safe from this pandemic. Of course travelling with an infant is such a hard thing to do specially with the situation right now. Instead of just thinking about your own (proper sanitizing, not holding your face, etc), I might somehow overlook something. My daughter likes holding stuff and putting everything in her mouth.
Assume your spouse wants to see his child and if you have plans to sponsor each other it would look much better to spend more time together. You mentioned this has always been a long distance relationship. Was he there for the delivery? You could have also moved to the US when you were pregnant or after you got married.