+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC written Authorization letter

shamly

Jun 15, 2019
Hi,
I have COPR and immigration visa, issued on Dec 2020, I have no immediate family in Canada and I'm starting to work remotely with a company in Canada. Is there any way for me to get an AL?
I have same situation. I applied for AL and it got rejected. I have canada company all job letter everything. Still they refused.

Thiru2020

Nov 6, 2020
Hello all, on Feb 27th, I sent an email for written authorization for my wife and baby. More than 40 days have been finished. Till now did not get any reply. As we are not getting for many days, a week back, I alone came to Canada (I have the closed work permit and TRV). I want to enquire about the status. Please let me know if anyone has an idea to enquire, can I send reminder or webform.

Actually I sent an email for authorization. But in the site it is mentioned that a Visa holder should send a webform and, if the Visa in processing should send an email. Although my wife and baby have visas, I have applied through the email instead of sending webform. Does it cause for the delay in reply. Please let me know if anybody has an idea, it would be great help for me. Whom should I contact? Can I reapply again?

Thiru2020

Nov 6, 2020
Yes, I attached the ticket in my email and I didn't send them again any email because I was afraid that may delay the process. Instead of that, I tried to contact through several ways like I contacted IRCC tool-free number and Canada border services but they said they don't have any information and it's a separate department that is dealing with this request. We also contacted the embassy in our country but that also didn't work or maybe they sent them a reminder or not we are not sure.
You are in the same condition we were but I wish you may receive a letter on time.
Thank you for your response. Our flight is on dec 9th early morning. I have sent them reminder emails as well and also attached tickets in the latest email. Did you try sending tickets in the email as well ? Also I read that sending multiple emails is going to delay the process.
Thank you for your response. Our flight is on dec 9th early morning. I have sent them reminder emails as well and also attached tickets in the latest email. Did you try sending tickets in the email as well ? Also I read that sending multiple emails is going to delay the process.

Thiru2020

Nov 6, 2020
Hi, where did you sent reminder email, can you please share the email id. I applied for written authorization for my wife and kid 40 days before. Till now did not get any reply.

Gdeep3124

Oct 13, 2016
Hi All,we have a valid CoPR for whole family and I am principal applicant. My brother-in-law is on work permit in Canada. Am I eligible for AL as a extended family category?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,we have a valid CoPR for whole family and I am principal applicant. My brother-in-law is on work permit in Canada. Am I eligible for AL as a extended family category?
No. He is not a citizen or PR. Only immediate family (spouse, children, parents) are eligible for AL for temporary workers.

Apr 26, 2021
I and my husband would like to visit our daughter and her common law partner in November to attend their wedding. Do we need authorization letter to visit them? We visited them in 2019. Will we be considered as immediate family?

Hope to get some advice. Thanking you in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I and my husband would like to visit our daughter and her common law partner in November to attend their wedding. Do we need authorization letter to visit them? We visited them in 2019. Will we be considered as immediate family?

Hope to get some advice. Thanking you in advance.
What is your daughter's status in Canada. Do you have a visitor visa with biometrics?

Apr 26, 2021
My daughter has a student visa she is a PhD student in Calgary university. We have valid visit visa obtained in 2019 and we visited Canada once in 2019.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She has applied for PR. We have visitor visa with biometrics.
If she is not yet PR (applied) then you need written authorization to travel and show your visit is essential. FYI - a wedding is not an essential visit. It is on the immigration website the forms to fill out and email for authorization. You can’t board a a plane without authorization. If she becomes PR by November then you can travel without authorization.