28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She applied for PR Last week.
In that case there's a good chance she will not have PR by November.

It's possible travel restrictions will be lifted by November and you won't need authorization to travel.

Apr 26, 2021
“You and your spouse will qualify for a travel exemption if your daughter and the host in Canada meet the definition of common-law partners. If that is the case, please provide us with documentary evidence of the common-law relationship before you travel.” Once the high commission in Colombo official wrote to us. Then they asked me to request for authorization by email. As it is too early I didn’t request yet.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
“You and your spouse will qualify for a travel exemption if your daughter and the host in Canada meet the definition of common-law partners. If that is the case, please provide us with documentary evidence of the common-law relationship before you travel.” Once the high commission in Colombo official wrote to us. Then they asked me to request for authorization by email. As it is too early I didn’t request yet.
So you need written authorization to travel since you need to apply via email for a travel exemption.

TillieBentley

Apr 6, 2021
Hi everyone. I have an approved work permit and job offer. My wife's Covid authorization letter for travel is approved one week ago and in her request she clearly stated that we will bring our two dependent children with us. However, we got no response for our three year old twin children's individual requests, we sent them separately because the web form fields were indicating a request could be sent per one individual.

Do you know, separate written authorizations are necessary for three year old dependent children? We are losing hope that we will ever get a response, it has been three weeks. Thanks.

soheil_sb

May 4, 2021
Hi everyone. I have an approved work permit and job offer. My wife's Covid authorization letter for travel is approved one week ago and in her request she clearly stated that we will bring our two dependent children with us. However, we got no response for our three year old twin children's individual requests, we sent them separately because the web form fields were indicating a request could be sent per one individual.

Do you know, separate written authorizations are necessary for three year old dependent children? We are losing hope that we will ever get a response, it has been three weeks. Thanks.
May I ask how long it took for your spouse to get the letter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Everyone needs written authorization to travel. It has only been 3 weeks as some people wait weeks or months. You can raise a webform.

soheil_sb

May 4, 2021
We applied for my wife and children at the same time, my wife's was approved in two weeks, our childrens' are still waiting.
I am just suspecting if they really care to send response for refusal or not which in case of your kids doesn't even make sense to refuse!!!

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
I'm on a study permit in Canada. I have applied for an authorization letter for my wife and kid to travel to Canada to reunite with me. We have received authorization letter both for my wife and child. They both are having valid TRV/Visitor visa and my wife doesn't have an open work permit.

However, recently I have read some post on FB/Twitter that some people were denied boarding in India even if they had valid authorization letter and TRV. Is it true? Would there be any problem for my wife and kid to travel?

I really appreciate your advice.
Hi Rahul, I am student here in Canada and applied for my husbands visit visa and waiting for the visa, mean while I applied through the IRCC webform for immediate family member whose visa application in process in the cic portal. May I know how many days it took to receive the approval. please help thank you