+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Testing New Permanent Resident Confirmation Portal

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
cool. thanks.
My agent said I can expect COPR in next few days and I can use that for SIN etc, is that still the case?
Or I have to wait for PR card?
You can use your COPR to get a new SIN and renew your health card.

Fair_Enough

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Thanks. my application got approved in CIC account on 11th jan when i got ecopr...
Any update for you?
Nothing from my end. I called them for the first time and was told that everything has been approved. But not a single movement on the portal yet.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I can't agree more. I have been waiting for IRCC to verify my address since December 4. It's been 2 months.

Perfect innovation. Congrats.
This is insane, 2 months already and no COPR in sight?? Is there even a way to follow up?

deebur

Aug 7, 2019
I can't agree more. I have been waiting for IRCC to verify my address since December 4. It's been 2 months.

Perfect innovation. Congrats.
This is what I'm wondering.

They've asked us for 3 things:

1) Address
2) Photo
3) Confirmation of being in Canada

We had to give 1 + 3 to them to even get access to the portal so - we're literally waiting 2 months+ for them to accept a photo?

I'm confused.

Fair_Enough

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
This is what I'm wondering.

They've asked us for 3 things:

1) Address
2) Photo
3) Confirmation of being in Canada

We had to give 1 + 3 to them to even get access to the portal so - we're literally waiting 2 months+ for them to accept a photo?

I'm confused.
It would make much more sense if we waited 2 months for verifying the photo. The reason for wait for eCoPR is "approval of self-declaration of your presence in Canada" which is #3 in your list above. The photo needs to be approved for PR card which is the next step.

Can you believe that? I really can't. This is unacceptable.

ned_stark

Apr 15, 2019
Hi Everyone, anyone here who has received his/her PR card within new portal from Calgary office? My eCOPR got issued on 10th Jan and I have not received my PR card yet. Is it normal?

Reactions: assen89

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
FYI, I just called IRCC and they told me that given that now the office has to do all the landing process themselves (instead of the applicant going to the port of entry, etc) and because they have received *a lot* of files that are waiting for such procedure (landing), it may take a while to get the CoPR.
I asked for an estimate on how long it will take and the person I talked to said that it was impossible to tell how long it will take. She reassured me that it will eventually happen and that I just need to wait.

No idea how big is the queue though, obviously they can't provide that information.
So in conclusion, it might come tomorrow or take a while. At least they are on it.
What is the IRCC phone no that you used to contact them inside Canada. Thanks in advance.

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
You can use your COPR to get a new SIN and renew your health card.
Someone mentioned that their health card got extended only till the COPR expiry. So, it may be a good idea to extend the health card after receiving the PR Card. All the expired health cards are extended by the province (ON) until further notice anyways.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/health-card-renewal